+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    Permanently Removed

Default New Rescue Trucks Delivered in California...

Riverside City's new truck- Article and video.

AND

San Diego's new truck and article-

The San Diego-Fire Rescue Department took delivery of its first Urban Search & Rescue truck, which arrived at the departmentís maintenance facility on the morning of February 2nd 2009, after being driven from Wisconsin to San Diego.

When US&R 41 is placed in service, it will be stationed in Sorrento Valley at Station 41. But before that day arrives, the specialized equipment necessary for any search and rescue operation has to be installed in the huge storage bays, which are integral to the 26-foot heavy duty non-walking aluminum storage body. That equipment is due to arrive in the near future. The 40 foot long truck weighs in with a 70,800 lb. GVWR, features all LED lighting, a multiplex wiring system and computerized electrical system.

According to San Diego Fire-Rescue Captain Jeff Mitchell, US&R 41 is built on a Pierce Arrow XT chassis with a TAK-4 independent front suspension, and is powered by a 485 horse power Caterpillar diesel engine coupled to an automatic transmission. On board are an Onan PTO-driven 40 KW generator and a 300 CFM PTO-driven air compressor. Built into the recessed walkway on top of the storage body are 5 hatch compartments. On board already are 6 Whelen Halogen scene lights, 4 Kwik-Raze 120V flood lights, 2 Kwik-Raze 120V tripod lights and a Whelen NFPA lighting package.

According to Deputy Chief Lorraine Hutchinson, US&R 41 was delivered on time as promised to meet FEMA guidelines. She added that the credit for the design and build of this apparatus in record time is solely due to the diligent efforts of San Diego Fire-Rescue Battalion Chief Ester, Fire Captain Mitchell and Pierce. Chief Hutchinson called US&R 41 an amazing piece of work.

Arriving in San Diego, US&R 41 represents the most state of the art Urban Search & Rescue vehicle in the country.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 02-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

That is one beast of a rescue, she's a beauty
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

That snow in the pic is prolly the only snow that truck will ever see in it's life!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Talking

Bou, they messed up.
    IACOJ member.

Forum Member

Yep, thats her. I am working an OT. at that station tomorrow.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by FireBuffMI View Post

Bou, they messed up.

No, its ok. There is an electronic to the right. Whew!

Forum Member

we have the same one for ocfa.. Ill get pic later..

Forum Member

looks like our heavy rescue truck. our usar stuff is mainly trailers (the kind pulled by semi's). picture by luis santana.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by reebokHCFR; 02-13-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: image url broken

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by reebokHCFR View Post
    looks like our heavy rescue truck. our usar stuff is mainly trailers (the kind pulled by semi's). picture by luis santana.

reebok- Your USAR truck looks more like a little white ambulance with a red X on top.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 02-14-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Forum Member

edit: I guess you completely changed your post from "your usar truck looks small, how many people fit in it?" to "it looks like a white ambulance" without making any kind of note. hmm...ok. anyway, I think my reply is still applicable.

I think you misunderstood. the original poster's picture looks like our heavy rescue vehicle which is the picture I posted. our heavy rescue truck is staffed daily and responds to all extrication, third alarm fires, medical if it's the only unit in the area (it's als like everything else) etc. we have several usar vehicles, mostly big trailers pulled by semi's or a big utility type truck. to transport people we would use a combination of two people in the rigs pulling the trailers, pickup trucks, and whatever else we have. most of it is kept inside a warehouse lovingly called "area 51" since it's secret squirrel special ops land :)
    an example is the trailer on the right in this picture (no not the one up front :P)
    Last edited by reebokHCFR; 02-13-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Forum Member

Say Bou,you missed the speaker to the LEFT,hehe T.C.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Humph..... Johnny-Come-Latelys..........

Bunch 'a Copycats.............

We built it, and they came............. Of Course, We Have a Real Siren (Q on the left front corner of the Bumper) and Real Lights (A Roto-Ray flanked by twin Mars 880s) an Extended front bumper with a 20,000 lb. Winch, 30K Harrison Hydraulic Generator, Light Tower, Six Hurst Tools, and a very long list of other Rescue Tools and Appliances. One feature that we really appreciate is the Portable 10,000 lb. Winch that is mounted on a Hitch Receiver in the rear step area. The Winch can be used in receivers placed on either side by the rear axles as well, allowing us to have a Winch line out regardless of the placement of the Vehicle. Companion Piece to this one is a Rescue Engine, which is a 1995 Spartan/Quality 1,250 Pumper with a Rescue body. It also has a 30k Harrison Hydro-Gen Generator, Front and Rear Winches, Multiple Hurst Tools, and a Large Tool Inventory.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by hwoods; 02-14-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

hope they run better than other pierce rescue's ive seen

good lookin truck though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Bunch 'a Copycats.............

We built it, and they came............. Of Course, We Have a Real Siren (Q on the left front corner of the Bumper) and Real Lights (A Roto-Ray flanked by twin Mars 880s)
    Harve....How wrong you are.....The boys in California liked FDNY's rescues so much, that they copied the basic design!!

And who let that REAL siren get on there?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Bou and Harve, both rigs are very nice. Love the real style siren. If Bou would get his folks to buy a Powercall, now they would have a great electronic siren. I haven't seen a Federal electronic siren that I like.

Pierce builds a great Heavy Rescue ride. Those I have seen and have been around hold up very well.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

55 Years & Still Rolling

Thumbs up Yeah.............

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Bou and Harve, both rigs are very nice. Love the real style siren. If Bou would get his folks to buy a Powercall, now they would have a great electronic siren. I haven't seen a Federal electronic siren that I like.

Pierce builds a great Heavy Rescue ride. Those I have seen and have been around hold up very well.

Thanks Cap. We're proud of ours. Pierce provided a competitive bid, and we were more than satisfied with the 2004 Pumper that we bought from them. So far we're happy, and things are going very well. And, as a matter of record, we have Powercalls on everything. My preference on Electronic Sirens is the old original GE Powercall from the late 60s/early 70s. You probably remember that when you put one on "Wail" it sounded like a 1920s Hand Crank Siren winding up, except a LOT louder. I think that, and the Jake Brake (on straight pipes) cleared more traffic than the "Q' and the Grovers........
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Thanks Capt, I do work for either department so I cant take credit for anything posted here.

As for electric sirens, I still love the Unitrol Touchmasters. They work very well and sound very aggressive.

Bou

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    As for electric sirens, I still love the Unitrol Touchmasters. They work very well and sound very aggressive.

Bou
    Is it just me or does that name make it sound like something you'd buy at an "adult novelty" store?

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    Is it just me or does that name make it sound like something you'd buy at an "adult novelty" store?
    I think its just you. Unitrol designed it so the user wouldnt have to fumble around looking for knobs, switches or buttons. Its very user friendly.

Are we going to talk about sirens again for the next week now?

Forum Member

Are we going to talk about sirens again for the next week now?
    if jakesdad or whocares sees this......

Forum Member

here is a video documentary on the new heavy rescue.. the reporters are wierd i know

http://www.fdnntv.com/news.asp_Q_articleID_E_3220_A_title_E_Orange_Count y_Fire_Authority's_Heavy_Rescue_6

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    if jakesdad or whocares sees this......
    I couldn't care less about sirens, horns, whistles, chrome wheels, reflective stripping, brandnames, or any of the thousand other threads about this kind of stuff. I'll leave that to the firefans...

Wern't you an explorer until very recently?

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by Whocares View Post
    I couldn't care less about sirens, horns, whistles, chrome wheels, reflective stripping, brandnames, or any of the thousand other threads about this kind of stuff. I'll leave that to the firefans...

Wern't you an explorer until very recently?

Here we go again. So if you dont care about all of that other stuff, why do you come in here and post? And continue to post off topic?

It might just be me, but it always looks like you and the other guy just cruise these forums looking for a fight.

But thats just me.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 02-14-2009 at 11:42 PM.

55 Years & Still Rolling

Talking Well.....................

In Before The Lock...........
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Here we go again. So if you dont care about all of that other stuff, why do you come in here and post? And continue to post off topic?

It might just be me, but it always looks like you and the other guy just cruise these forums looking for a fight.

But thats just me.
    Because he brought my name into it, ******bag. Can you even read? Why are you here? Did someone bring up your name? Or do you "just cruise these forums looking for a fight."? Didn't you just come in here and "continue to post off topic"? Are you "stalking" me? Why don't you go find a blind child to short change, you dirtbag.
    Last edited by Whocares; 02-15-2009 at 10:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information