Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stimulus bill

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Ryan, I can lend you a couple of guys to work on those bay doors that are not working, they just drive through them. Also had them to drive out of the stations with the high side compartment doors open. These leave a nice mark on the truck, and the building.
    I know a department close by that drove out with the high side compartment doors up. I know exactly the marks you are talking about. In fact when we were putting together specs for the new truck a few years ago we were pretty convinced we were staying with roll up doors but we talked about cost briefly and I brought up this incident and we ended up staying with roll up doors because of that.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I would imagine that this will be all things construction since the bulk of the country doesn't need new buildings but renovations/expansions to fix issues like plumbing, roofing, etc. Adding sleeping quarters, restroom/shower facilities and the like will probably be in there.

Forum Member

The new mini has rollups, and I don't forsee any changes in the future because of the last incident. I like the new roll ups, they are much better than the old style, and seem to last. Ask me again in ten years.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anymore of this Station Stimulus Money?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Won't be any more on it until AFG is over if not longer. Only hole in app periods is July-October between SAFER and FP&S so odds are that's the time period we're looking at for applications. Obviously the work has to be done well before that, but no word on priorities and other goodies.

Forum Member

Default info from state of wi

I talked to my state grant rep and she said that the program will be administrated simular to AFG in the summer some time. More info to come once they figure out the details.

One this is for sure, your project cannonct have been already started.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hoserbt View Post
    I talked to my state grant rep and she said that the program will be administrated simular to AFG in the summer some time. More info to come once they figure out the details.

One this is for sure, your project cannonct have been already started.

Good luck
    Define started...can not have broke ground or can not have talked to an architect and have plans done?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Construction contracts signed, bond approved for construction, etc.

If you can afford to do drawings up yourself and not have them as part of the grant costs then that should count for a few points in cost-benefit.

Forum Member

Default started

You cannot have started to dig or construct. I would think that plannning would be ok as long as you don't ask for the funds in your request. Much like you wouldn't ask for reimbursment for PPE you already purchased. Now that is the state of WI talking, might get different info from different states.

Quote Originally Posted by TVFD73 View Post
    From what I have been told so far, the States will each receive a certain portion of Stimulus Billm, with that money having allocations for specific funding areas which include fire stations.

In Ohio, go to the Governors web site and fill our the project summary, as I am told through this site and people connected to it, and other agencies within the State, they will have meetings scheduled to complete the request in full prior to awarding any grant request.

Have been told also that these will be competitive, but with the Stimulus Initiative, they are looking at agencies that are ready to so what is under their request in a short period of time, hence the word Stimulus, (shot in the arm).

I would however contact your local congressional people to inform them that you have applied for this and to seek their support in anyway possible.
    Where on the Ohio Governors website under the stimulus proposal do you apply. I don't see any area that would be fire related unless it's under the energy effeciency portion.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Nowhere. AFG is going to run the station grant program.

I would be sure to check with your governors office. Remember, its not just a fire station - its also the ice skating warming house with a fire station attached. No, wait, its public restrooms for the park, with a fire station attached. Could it be - its a community center with a fire station attached. A maintenance garage for the town, with a fire station attached. I have proposals/ideas going in on various methods to achieve my goals. I mean, you have to have a good parking lot for people to use the walking park, and the extra benefit to the parking lot is my fire station can use it also!

Forum Member

Thinking outside the box, sometimes way outside the box.

Forum Member

just got an email about a webcast titled "Basics of Grants Stimulus" to be broadcast on April 8th at 3pm eastern.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

http://www.grantsoffice.com/ for those interested. Michael Paddock of Grants Office does these, helps to be backed by Cisco for webcasts and whatnot.

I missed the last couple myself, always on a plane or teaching my own classes, but there is good info for anyone that can watch.

Thread Information