Forum Member

Default Wrecked: Life In The Crash Lane & Firefighting

"Wrecked: Life In The Crash Lane" On Nat Geo

This Saturday, February 21st, the National Geographic Channel (Nat Geo) will begin airing episodes of the hit series "Wrecked: Life in the Crash Lane", previously only exclusively shown on the SPEED network.

There will be two half-hour episodes starting at 8PM EST, and re-airing at 11PM EST.

This is my favorite show of all time. It's about a family owned towing and recovery business in the Chicago, IL area. They have a fleet of over 70 trucks, and 100 staff. The cameras follow them to some very interesting incidents, and it's fascinating to watch how they handle them. They specialize in heavy truck recovery, and it's amazing the situations these trucks get into, and O'Hare has to get them out of. They have an awesome fleet including two heavy duty rotators. They are very safety oriented. They are very busy, and very fun to watch. There's more to the towing industry then meets the eye, and watching these pro's will prove that.

It also highlights on numerous occasions how they work together with the fire department to assist in extrications.

The show's been picked up for a second season starting in May on SPEED, and a diecast version of an O'Hare flatbed is on it's way.

MembersZone Subscriber

I saw a rerun of this show the other day. It was pretty interesting...but they only seem to be playing the same episode over and over.
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

Most of those shots are from our divisional response area. In fact the boss ended up buying dinner from an episode that he was on several times.

Forum Member

O'hare truck service. I know the owners. Nice folks even though they mess with each other on TV. They're actually even more efficient when the cameras not on 'em. You guys would like to have half the $ those rigs represent. That rotator is close to $500K. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    O'hare truck service. I know the owners. Nice folks even though they mess with each other on TV. They're actually even more efficient when the cameras not on 'em. You guys would like to have half the $ those rigs represent. That rotator is close to $500K. T.C.
    according to Joey on the show it is closer to $1 million.

Thread Information