Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Total runs??

Forum Member

Default Total runs??

How many total runs does your department have, and how many have either you personally been on or any explorer in your department?

...approx 90,000 per year

as for me?.........that question is a bit harder to answer

Forum Member

My dept runs probably fewer than 200 calls a year, were volunteer so its to be expected.

Although there is a problem with the above math, to get 90,000 calls a year you would have to run 246.57 calls a day.
    Last edited by zackman1801; 02-19-2009 at 04:56 PM.

A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

Quote Originally Posted by zackman1801 View Post
    My dept runs probably fewer than 200 calls a year, were volunteer so its to be expected.

Although there is a problem with the above math, to get 90,000 calls a year you would have to run 246.57 calls a day.
    Yeah that is quite possible and true. For example the city of Chicago runs over 700,000 calls a year, and the FDNY does over 1 million runs per year.
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Forum Member

ahaha. I tried to ingnore him. I was looking for more realistic anwsers. Yes 200 hundred calls is alot for a volunteer town and how big is the radius your town responds to? For instance we anwsered 450 calls per year and we have only a two square mile radius. Which is alot of calls! We are also volunteer.

okay i found out it was 80,000

this is from 66 stations. no math problems here.

A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post

Which Cal. dept is this?
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Quote Originally Posted by TruckSixFF View Post
    Which Cal. dept is this?
    ocfa.............

We do about 1,600 a year. Combination dept. 5 FT firefighters on duty at any given time staff a Medic Unit and an Engine. On a confirmed fire, all personnel jump on the engine. Supplemented by part-time/POC firefighters.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post

I can believe from 66 stations, i thought it would be odd for 1 station to be handling all of those calls. it would be a really busy day.

I can believe from 66 stations, i thought it would be odd for 1 station to be handling all of those calls. it would be a really busy day.
    haha give about an hour percall you can fit in 24.... but yes its possible to do more

As a whole department, La County averages 297,673 calls a year, but the station I used to ride out at averaged around 2,581 calls a year, which is close to 7 calls a day... As for how many calls I have been on, well.. to many to count, but riding along with county is always a blast

Our department is just outside the City of Chicago and handle about 4,000 calls per year. This past year I believe it was 3,700 with 350 or so being of the fire nature (alarms, line-trouble, smoke investigation, actual fire, etc). Not bad for a 2 by 2 town.
    My thoughts and expressions do not necessarily reflect those of the organization or department I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Default fire only

our fire dept only did about 200 this past year. (includes mutual aids)

we have no medical/ambulance in our dept. taken care of separately.

couple years ago we had more than 200.

Forum Member

Your all just going to tear me a apart for posting in here even but i do not care. The department I am a member of is a small really small district last year we had about 29 calls out of those 29 i made about 99% of them missed a few do to bad weather but that is it. This year so far we had one call and i did make it to that one.

Forum Member

yeah im about like you, although i am not allowed to respond during school hours so that limits my responses. We have had a total of 6 calls, 2 big fires, 1 small fire, 1 accident, and 2 calls where we were canceled in route to the scene. i missed 1 of those calls because i was sitting in class. should have seen the looks some people gave me. Usually if i get to the station i can make it to the call, i missed the engines 2 times since they leave before they are full, but someone else always shows up a few mins late like me and i hook a ride with them. Its better this way anyways since i cant wear an airpack there is no sense in me taking a seat away from someone who can.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
    Your all just going to tear me a apart for posting in here even but i do not care. The department I am a member of is a small really small district last year we had about 29 calls out of those 29 i made about 99% of them missed a few do to bad weather but that is it. This year so far we had one call and i did make it to that one.
    Your concept of percentages baffles me.

Forum Member

yeah im about like you, although i am not allowed to respond during school hours so that limits my responses. We have had a total of 6 calls, 2 big fires, 1 small fire, 1 accident, and 2 calls where we were canceled in route to the scene. i missed 1 of those calls because i was sitting in class. should have seen the looks some people gave me. Usually if i get to the station i can make it to the call, i missed the engines 2 times since they leave before they are full, but someone else always shows up a few mins late like me and i hook a ride with them. Its better this way anyways since i cant wear an airpack there is no sense in me taking a seat away from someone who can.
    yes but if the seats aren't full it is always better to put you in those seats, because in a few years you'll be a very important person in that department. And you aren't allowed to wear an SCBA unit at all??

Forum Member

Want a cookie?
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

How big is your juristriction??

Thread Information