Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Some Guy

Default Evacuation Tones

Hey guys. I am reprograming radios and I am need to come up with a A,B evacuation tone. Does anyone have one that I can put into our CDMs?
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Default evac tones

What do you mean by does anyone have any tones to program? Do you mean for us to give you #'s/freq to program, sorry I am alittle confused by your question. Also, how do you want to use your evac tone? Do you put it in your mobiles on your engine/ladder and set them off from there, having your portables programed like an open pager?

Forum Member

I think Kyle was looking for something along the lines of 1150 Hz / 820 Hz (just making up two frequencies).

So, lets say the IC is calling for the structure to be vacated by all interior crews, a few pushes of buttons on the portable and then keying the mic would send out those two tones to get everyone attention and then the announcement would be made.

In general, if you are on a Fireground simplex channel, most any tone would be attention getting. I definitely have not read anything anywhere about what tone would work best.

Brian

MembersZone Subscriber

Kyle,

I'm not sure this will work as you intend. When using QCII you dont have any option on the duration of the tones that I know of. You would be able to rapidly repeat the tones with the "basic sel call" feature uncheckecd because this allows the signal to transmit each time the PTT is pressed once youve chosen the call alert from the menu. It appears you can have one of the option buttons programmed to instantly access this call tone so that all it takes is a button press and a ptt keyup.

Does this make sense to you?

MembersZone Subscriber

Another thought...

Set up a set of QCII tones and program each radio to decode the call wth a fixed alert audible tone (there are several distinct musical type tones available as well as the std which is just beep-beep-beep.........beep-beep-beep). This would make an evacuation order act just like you are paging a run over pagers. Assure that if you do this the reset value on the receiving radio is considered (manual would be best in my opinion).

Forum Member

Default evac tones

Agree With above, but make sure to check with your communications center and have them issue you a set of tones, don't just go picking a set even if you are on a private channel. (due to: possible bleed over/people setting tones off on wrong channel and dispatching other companies etc) once you get them from your comm center then you can program as noted above and should work just like a pager (make sure you tell your programmer to set the receiving channel/fg chan to be open so you can here and tx as normal, but also receive the tones, if you need the setup info I can check wiht my dealer on how they did my radio ht 1250) Hope this helps, please ask more ? or for clarification if needed

thanks

You would need to program the channel for QC-II signalling with OR UNMUTING and check CALL ALERT. The "or" as opposed to "and" allows the channel to be used for normal communication, as opposed to remaining silent until the tones are sent. Call alert will make the radio beep when it receives the tones.

The HT750/1250/1550 portables do not differentiate between alert volume and other tones. If you set the tone volume for maximum, then all the other function tones will also be at maximum. Every time you press a button, change channels, turn scan on/off, etc, the function beep will scream as well. Its annoying to say the least.

For the radio that will send the QC-II tones, this is much more complicated. Using the menus to send a QC-II call alert is not very streamlined and not recomended for a fire scene. Way too many buttons to push. If this will only be on one channel, you could make another channel in the radio with a TX signalling system that sends the QC-II tones when you transmit.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

As an alternative that works universally among any and all two way radios, just hold you microphone up to another radio with the volume turned way up. The screeching feedback will provide a nice alert tone over the air. I've done this before, both in the field and as a dispatcher and it works quite well.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Evacuation Tones

Why not go to MABASradio.org and look over their evacuation tones, or MABASWisconsin.org for the same. These are on the mobile radios for the command units.

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by atomic475 View Post
    Agree With above, but make sure to check with your communications center and have them issue you a set of tones, don't just go picking a set even if you are on a private channel. (due to: possible bleed over/people setting tones off on wrong channel and dispatching other companies etc) once you get them from your comm center then you can program as noted above and should work just like a pager (make sure you tell your programmer to set the receiving channel/fg chan to be open so you can here and tx as normal, but also receive the tones, if you need the setup info I can check wiht my dealer on how they did my radio ht 1250) Hope this helps, please ask more ? or for clarification if needed

thanks

Forum Member

Kyle,
    Did we answer your question?

Forum Member

Morristown has the tones in thier radios, Next time theres a call at the airport
    ask them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Valcom tones

This device makes quite a few tones including evacuation. The sound files are even available to download so you can hear them (hint hint).

http://valcom.com/techsupport/ringer...egenerator.htm

Ray

Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
    Morristown has the tones in thier radios, Next time theres a call at the airport
    ask them.
    I will keep that in mind.
    This space for rent

Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by atomic475 View Post
    Kyle,
    Did we answer your question?
    More or less. Thank you.
    This space for rent

Thread Information