MembersZone Subscriber

Default Listing town&department budget

I have to ask...Is it the best way to list full town budget in your app? I know you have to list department info....but is it the best way to go by putting the whole towns info in?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by deluge2 View Post
    I have to ask...Is it the best way to list full town budget in your app? I know you have to list department info....but is it the best way to go by putting the whole towns info in?
    For application purposes you just want to use the fire department budget (average 3 year budget). If you use the town budget it will only inflate the numbers in the application, which could result in a computer DJ.

If the town is or will be experiencing budget problems, that would be addressed in the financial needs section of the narrative.

MembersZone Subscriber

That is what I was getting too. Should have made it clearer. I have noticed that a lot of department list both in the narrative. I can see the postive to explaining a budget problem. I'm just wondering if listing the whole budgets is worth it..? I would think explaining would be just as good and to the point.

MembersZone Subscriber

Think that's rough, try writing a grant in Ny state where most fire departments are simply the personnel organization that operates within a fire district. Usually the district levees taxes and purchases the building and equipment. The fire departments hold fund raisers etc but usually are only responsible for things like uniforms, banquets, personnel needs and at times supplement the district budget for equipment purchases. This makes trying to explain budgets and need very difficult.

Forum Member

Default departments budgets

I went through something similar last year. Trying to gather in advance of what our village pays each year on our behalf. Insurance, fuel, repairs, etc; Then add that to our budget figures. I was told to only report what your department brings in to itself and what it pays out itself. It is simplier and easier and it worked.

Thread Information