Forum Member

Default Firefighter says no to sex.

Tape shows that an Omaha firefighter was the target of a undercover sting operation, but said no when solicited by a women working undercover for the police.

http://www.ketv.com/news/18787263/detail.html

Forum Member

If he refused sex 3 times... 3 times... Why is he being prosecuted? There has to be more to the story than.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireEeyore View Post
    If he refused sex 3 times... 3 times... Why is he being prosecuted? There has to be more to the story than.
    Yea, from what we are getting so far, it doesn't make sense. Got to be more.

Plus people being an ***** to the wife and kids...wouldn't let that happen. People are crazy. What did either the wife or kids have to do with anything?
    Knowledge is the difference between KNOWING and GUESSING

"You guys are good, but you'll never invent anything-it's all been done before."

FF/EMT-IV (medic in training)

Forum Member

and Criagslist strikes again.

Granted he answerd an ad for a massage...maybe he is just that nieve....or their benefits stink that bad that he had to go get a good massage.
    -------------------

Failure is not an option!

http://firemidget.blogspot.com/

Banned

There looks to be more to this story. Perhaps it is politically motivated as there were many other public officials nabbed as well. Perhaps they should get a good lawyer, I hear Elliot Spitzer is available.

Forum Member

There are real legitimate massage therapists out there. Also the prosecutor saying, "this is not a transcript". This is more a case of prosecutoral misconduct than prostitution. The DA got a big fish and won't let go. No matter what the evidence says.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by malana1 View Post
    Tape shows that an Omaha firefighter was the target of a undercover sting operation, but said no when solicited by a women working undercover for the police.

She didn't look like no cop,did she?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by allison20 View Post
    There are real legitimate massage therapists out there. Also the prosecutor saying, "this is not a transcript". This is more a case of prosecutoral misconduct than prostitution. The DA got a big fish and won't let go. No matter what the evidence says.
    You have no idea whatsoever what prosecutorial misconduct is. You may be able to read a definition, so spare me that torture. You have no idea of the legal concept.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

There is no such thing as a "rough" transcript. If it is going to be offered into evidence, it has to meet the standards in Fed. Rule 702.

In NJ, we have what they refer to as a "Driver Hearing" if a sound recording is going to be used in court. The prosecution must prepare and provide an official transcript and a copy of the recording. The recording is played in court with the judge having a copy of the transcript. Both sides make arguments and the judge rules whether or not the recording will be offered into evidence in whole or in part.

I've done this several times. It's a pain in the butt. But having the standard set very high virtually eliminates this as a valid avenue of appeal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by malana1 View Post

He was not just an Omaha firefighter. He was the Union president. He is also a Captain. So is his wife. Last I knew, he has been permanantly banned from the IAFF. I may be wrong.

He is also a council member for the city of Council Bluffs Iowa. The same city he was ticketed for soliciting in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plattsfire90 View Post
    He was not just an Omaha firefighter. He was the Union president. He is also a Captain. So is his wife. Last I knew, he has been permanantly banned from the IAFF. I may be wrong.

He is also a council member for the city of Council Bluffs Iowa. The same city he was ticketed for soliciting in.
    What else do you expect when you go to a hotel room to get a massage that advertises on Craigslist for a "nude" massage?
    -------------------

Failure is not an option!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Plattsfire90 View Post

How did he get "banned" from the IAFF if he wasn't found guilty? He could conceivably get his job back.

Thread Information