Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Edmond

Forum Member

Default Edmond

Can anyone fill in an out of stater about the City of Edmond Fire Rescue.
    run volume?
    growth?
    morale?
    etc

Thank You

MembersZone Subscriber

Edmond has 5 stations. The town its self is growing. I could see them having to build another station within another 4 years I know they are having another hiring process coming up this march or april sometime. I know that station 4 and 5 are pretty quiet they run 2 to 3 calls a shift the other stations run like 6 to 7. Edmond is first responder to all the medical calls and they do have ALS engines. They dont run very many fires, and alot of nursing home calls. There are alot of wealthy people that live in edmond and alot of big houses. Its seems most of the them are happy there they are paid well one of the best paying dept in Oklahoma. They have nice stations and very nice equipment.

Forum Member

Thank you for your time and filling me in. I went through the Fire Protection Program at Oklahoma State University, and had several friends from Edmond. Some of their houses were WOW! Do you know how many applicants Edmond typically gets? I didn't know if the low volume of fire runs may turn off some people. On the other hand, if they pay well I'm sure that attracts a lot of people. Thanks man!

Forum Member

Default Edmond physical

Does anyone know if a video exists either online or in hardcopy of the physical. I'm from out of state and while the pullups, pushups, and situps are self explanatory, some of the other steps aren't. I think anyone would agree, that it is nice to have see it done correctly in a video before you test. Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by FireCowboy1; 03-16-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Thread Information