Thread: Mesquite, TX

Forum Member

Default Mesquite, TX

Good evening Texans!! I'm an out of stater who is looking outside of his backyard to become a firefighter. Can anyone fill me Mesquite Fire Deaprtment and their reputation around the DFW metroplex, number of applicants they normally receive, morale, and any other information that anyone is willing to share. Are they experiencing any growth where they might anticipate opening new stations. How long does a typical process last? Appreciate it guys and gals.

Take Care
    Last edited by FireCowboy1; 02-26-2009 at 09:10 PM.

As far as i know, Mesquite is a good department. But don't limit yourself to just one department. I don't know how familiar you are with this area, but there are LOTS of departments in this area. Look around. Almost every town here is paid, very few volunteers in the urban areas. I work in Tarrant County (N.Richland Hills FD) and although we arent adding new positions, we are facing a big wave of retirements, just like most of the departments in the D/FW area. What are your qualificatiions/certifications? Most of the burbs here require at least FF/EMT, but since most here run ALS service, prefer EMTP also. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thread Information