Forum Member

Default Need help with MA colleges that provide Fire science degrees

Hi guys! If anyone from MA that is reading this im looking for help. I want to go to college to take classes to get my fire science degree but i can't seem to find any colleges that provide it except for Anna Maria in Paxton (which is 2 hours away from me). Any knowledge of other colleges that offer it would be great.

Thanks!

Providence College has a BS in fire science degree program. Many courses are available at night.

I do not know what part of the state you live in, But I do know Massasoit Community College in Brockton, MA offers an associates degree in Fire Science. A lot of Firefighters from the south shore attend. Hope this helps.

Forum Member

In Western Ma, Berkshire Community College offers an associates degree in Fire Science. Also, Greenfield C.C. offers the same.
    Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anna Maria's Campus is in Paxton, but they have many satellite campuses. I took most of my classes in Boxboro, Ma. They have ones in Westwood, Centerville, Duxbury, East Hampton, Lynn, and Manchester NH. I just graduated with my BS in Fire Science, good program and most of the instructors understand that you have jobs and lives outside the Classroom. I would highly recommend the program.

What is nice about the program, is most of it is on the accelerated schedule, where a class is once a week for nine weeks, then you start another class on the same schedule. It allows you to take two courses per semester without having to take them at the same time.
    Last edited by jwboudreau55; 06-29-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Forum Member

Fitchburg State College has a Fire Science Program, Middlesex Community College in Lowell and Quinsigamond Communit College in Worcester. Try looking into Columbia Southern University which is all online.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't forget the partnership with the National Fire Academy and certain regional colleges and universities for a Bachelor's Degree in Fire Science or Fire Service Administration depending on the school. All done on line. A CHief friend of mine completed the program from Empire State College/SUNY for Bachelors in FSA. He has nothing but good things to say about it.

Also, Bristol Community College in Fall River offers a Associates Program in Fire Science and so does the Community College of RI at either Warwick or Lincoln RI campus.

Thread Information