Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Talking Open Letter To The President

AHHAHAHHAHAHAAA, And I'm allowed to laugh. I've "Been There!" eheheheheheehehehe

An Open Letter to President Obama

Federal employees want the day off By ANONYMOUS FEDERAL WORKERS

Updated 9:35 AM EST, Mon, Mar 2, 2009

How can anyone be expected to work in such harsh conditions?

March 2, 2009

Dear Mr. President,

Now you've really done it.

You ruined it for us.

You see, before you came along, today would be a SNOW DAY for the federal government. We'd be home, with our kids, sipping hot cocoa and enjoying the snow.

But no. You had to call us "weather wimps." You had to compare Washington to Chicago.

And now look: "Federal agencies in the Washington, DC area are OPEN under a DELAYED ARRIVAL/UNSCHEDULED LEAVE POLICY [http://www.opm.gov/]. Employees should plan to arrive for work no more than 2 hours later than they would normally arrive."

With all due respect, sir, that is just plain wrong.

We know what you're thinking. Half of us are from up North, too. Places like Rochester, N.Y., where we know snow. This storm would be par for the course. No government shutdowns, no school closings. Just sloshing it through the salted and plowed roads on our way to work.

But this is D.C. We've gotten spoiled. And we like it that way.

We would be super mad at you, except for one thing: we have kids. And, thankfully, the schools were not fazed by your snow rhetoric. They closed down.

So have fun at the White House today.

We'll be out front, building a snowman.

Warmest regards,
    Your supporters in the federal government

P.S.: Please don't fire us. The economy still sucks.

I am still on the OPM email list, and received the "delayed start" email at 0400 this morning.

That's funny. This federal employee has the day off with pay thanks to mother nature. I'm loving it. Sucks to be DC! wen-weh.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Exclamation Yeah.................

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    That's funny. This federal employee has the day off with pay thanks to mother nature. I'm loving it. Sucks to be DC! wen-weh.

I Know the feeling. I NEVER have to go in to work, even on really great days. And the Government still pays me every month. Twice. I'm happy...........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Not long ago,people were commenting about the White House thermostats being on 75 degrees.The explanation was that "He(Obama) is from Hawaii and he has to have it warm wherever he is."
    Gee.I wonder what the good folks on Illinois who elected him to a Senate seat and those who elected him to be President think about that.
    If he is registered to vote in Howareya and ran as for elected office in Illinois,isn't that tatamount to election fraud?

Obama Girls: Snow Day in the White House

Updated 12:15 PM EST, Mon, Mar 2, 2009

This is the second snow day of the season for 10-year-old Malia and 7-year-old Sasha, whose classes were scrubbed because of inclement weather in January after two inches of snow and freezing rain fell on D.C.

President Obama told D.C. to toughen up the last time the District canceled his daughters' school because of wintry weather. Today, the commander in chief may hold off on the icy remarks.

Watch VideoPresident Obama said Washington, D.C. could take a page from the Windy City and toughen up after his daughters' school closed because of "some ice."

Obama Scoffs: D.C. Needs "Flinty Chicago Toughness"

March Madness: In Like a Lion

Soon to be the 44th President, Obama will juggle our nation's most important leadership role and fatherhood. See what makes President Dad the ultimate...
    Sasha and Malia joined thousands of students across the country whose classes were canceled after a massive winter storm dumped four inches on the Capitol and wrecked havoc from Tuscaloossa, Ala. to Boston, Mass.

This is the second snow day of the season for 10-year-old Malia and 7-year-old Sasha, whose classes were scrubbed because of inclement weather in January after two inches of snow and freezing rain fell on D.C.

The girls apparently weren't impressed with their new school's response to inclement weather, telling their father in January that in Chicago students are forced to go out for recess during cold snaps.

Even Obama ripped Washington for being weather wimps and blasted the District for not displaying "flinty Chicago toughness."

"My children's school was canceled today, because of what, some ice?" he said on Jan. 29. "As my children pointed out, in Chicago, school is never canceled. In fact, my 7-year old pointed out that you go out for recess. You wouldn't even stay indoors."

Chicago schools haven't closed for inclement weather since 1999.

Sidewell and schools throughout the District are closed today.

Even Michelle Obama had to cancel her "Read Across America" event at the Library of Congress with education secretary Arne Duncan.

I guess we know who is "President" now eh?

By the way, Sir, just in case you hadn't noticed, this ain't "Chicago". It ain't Hawaii either.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Marine One couldn't have taken picked up the girls' teachers for private sessions?
    I remember an SNL sketch after Carter got in where Lorraine Newman was playing Amy damn Carter and she was late to class while the Secret Service guy played by Chevy Chase gave the excuse of "Traffic".
    The teacher,played by Jane Curtain,wondered"Why didn't you use your lights and siren?I'll let this go this time but you don't let it happen again."

I agree with the President...

Living in the northwoods of Wisconsin, we don't close schools until we can't see the school anymore.

I still say DC is a bunch of pu$$ies!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    I agree with the President...

Living in the northwoods of Wisconsin, we don't close schools until we can't see the school anymore.

I still say DC is a bunch of pu$$ies!
    HAAHAHHAAH. Having lived in the area for 3 years, I agree. Drivers panic when it rains, they panic when it snows, and they panic when it gets sunny again.

Although I have to admit, schools got closed locally twice for the weather here due to a combination of freezing rain and high winds. The only reason for the closures is because OPP closed various access roads. The region here is pretty rural, so a lot of kids have to commute by bus. There is no such thing as "DELAYED ARRIVAL/UNSCHEDULED LEAVE POLICY" here though.

Thread Information