Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question Driver History check and insurance

Do any departments perform random driver history checks on your volunteer firefighters?

Also, here in Mississippi it is state law for all vehicles to be covered with liability insurance. Does anyone require as a department for its volunteers to carry liability insurance and/or require proof?

Thanks>

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Part of our insurance contract requires the insurance company to perform random drivers license checks on an annual basis. We've been doing this for about 4 years now.

POV liability insurance is not something that we check.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

We just started requiring our firefighters to submit proof of insurance, and an annual driving record.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Part of our insurance contract requires the insurance company to perform random drivers license checks on an annual basis. We've been doing this for about 4 years now.

POV liability insurance is not something that we check.
    Do you mind sharing what insurance company you have and how much they charge in the premium to do the checks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing random about it. I had to submit a copy of my driving record prior to being allowed to drive any company vehicles. We also recently had to provide a copy of our drivers license for the insurance company. I can only assume that they plan on performing checks.

Liability insurance for the vehicles (company vehicles) is provided by the department as part of their auto insurance policy.

Forum Member

The department I volunteer with has required driver history for approximately ten years. Random checks are performed during the year. You'd be amazed at what you'd find during these checks....

The department doesn't require proof of insurance on personal vehicles used during response to emergencies. State law requires all registered and tagged vehicles to have liability insurance. If your insurance lapses..... the state comes for the vehicle tag.

Thread Information