+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Yeah.............

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I like! Nice clean layout,with space to grow.I'm envious. T.C.

If you don't have room for that new Ladder, I'm sure Bull could find an empty bay................

Bull, Lookin' Good Bro.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

hwoods ...

Something tells me that their color scheme wouldn't exactly match yours.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    What's tragic is that our Brothers and Sisters in the BLIGHTED URBAN AREAS have to put up with the worst collection of elected officials that there is in this Country. The folks in "The Boondock Carolina Hills" (which is a description that is certainly wrong) have their act together and get things done, AND the people who were elected to run the Government have their priorities straight. Any Big City could be Hiring, Buying Apparatus, and Building New Stations, IF they can get the Crooks out of Office. Regardless, Urban Problems are no excuse for looking down at someplace that is doing OK because they WORK for what they get.

Bull - Good Job, Bro.
    Isn't it odd? The smaller the city and the smaller the governments the better off the people are.

Forum Member

Isn't it odd? The smaller the city and the smaller the governments the better off the people are.

That is the case here.

Shreveport (200,000) is having money issues and while they haven't cut fire and police, the budgets are holding steady with no new hires and some apparatus replacements being placed on hold.

Bossier City (85,000 and home to Barksdale AFB) is doing quite well., especially now that Global Strike Command has been assigned to BAFB. That's an anticipated 1000 USAF positions plus another 3000 civilian support and contractor jobs to be added within the next 6 months plus quite a bit of building and infrastructure construction on-base to accommodate the new command.

The surrounding fire districts, in both Caddo and Bossier Parish are doing quite well with most buying new apparatus and several adding staff.

This year we purchased 3 new service vehicles, added my position, and we still anticipate being able to put away a 200-250K surplus into the capital fund at the end of the year.

Anticipating being able to build a new station in 2013 or 14 with a budget of 1.5-1.7K and pay with cash while still maintaining apparatus replacement schedule. If the Air Force closes one of the Bossier City gates to Barksdale and re-opens the East Gate (which is in our fire district), which is their plan, building should truly take off out here and revenue will be much higher than anticipated.

Also a strong possibility that if/when the East Gate reopens, the Air Force will contract with us to provide structural and wildland protection to that side of the facility.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-04-2009 at 11:16 AM.

55 Years & Still Rolling

Talking Nope...........

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    hwoods ...

Something tells me that their color scheme wouldn't exactly match yours.

Not Quite....... Looks like the International Salesman's been there though. Nice collection of Apparatus...........
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

That extra bay might just be for the new International combine they have on order. Damn things are more expensive than an aerial for use 1 month a year. Place looks great Bull, I hope it fulfills all your expectations. BTW, whose in charge of repainting the combine?

Forum Member

Planning a station for future needs can be incredibly difficult.

We just started the process and we need to predict growth for probably a 40 year period.

Apparatus.. Staffing ... Office Space.

It's sorta like throwing darts after several hours at the firehouse bar and popping a few pills (oops .. those are other threads.. sorry).

MembersZone Subscriber

Planning a station for future needs can be incredibly difficult.

We just started the process and we need to predict growth for probably a 40 year period.

Apparatus.. Staffing ... Office Space.

It's sorta like throwing darts after several hours at the firehouse bar and popping a few pills (oops .. those are other threads.. sorry).
    Lemme think on this. OK, 1 bay for the still, other bay for the pole dancers, rest for equipment?

MembersZone Subscriber

Not Quite....... Looks like the International Salesman's been there though. Nice collection of Apparatus...........
    Hey Harve, it was not a International Salesman, It was an E-ONE Salesman , the Chief in the southern end of our county is a sales rep. for E-ONE, and over the years has been good to us. As you can guess all of the depts. have at least 80% of their fleets supplied by E-ONE with International Cabs. As to our collection we have one E-One/Ford mini pumper, One E-ONE/International Tanker, Two E-One/International Engines (1 top mount engine the other is a side mount pump rescue pumper) , One Sutphen Custom cab engine, One FMC Custom Cab engine and a GMC Equipment Truck (old beer truck). As to the ladder truck if Rescue 101 needs a place to park his truck we will be more than happy to house it for him. And we would be more than happy to paint it white over fire engine yellow And Bryan it was a hay bailer not a Combine we were ordering. LOL

Thanks for the Support and I hope that you guys stay safe and have a nice quiet 4th of July.

Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Hey Harve, it was not a International Salesman, It was an E-ONE Salesman , the Chief in the southern end of our county is a sales rep. for E-ONE, and over the years has been good to us. As you can guess all of the depts. have at least 80% of their fleets supplied by E-ONE with International Cabs. As to our collection we have one E-One/Ford mini pumper, One E-ONE/International Tanker, Two E-One/International Engines (1 top mount engine the other is a side mount pump rescue pumper) , One Sutphen Custom cab engine, One FMC Custom Cab engine and a GMC Equipment Truck (old beer truck). As to the ladder truck if Rescue 101 needs a place to park his truck we will be more than happy to house it for him. And we would be more than happy to paint it white over fire engine yellow And Bryan it was a hay bailer not a Combine we were ordering. LOL

Thanks for the Support and I hope that you guys stay safe and have a nice quiet 4th of July.

Bull
    Thats good Bull. A bailers only the cost of a good bush truck

Forum Member

It fits Harve, with room to spare. I'll get a couple pics in the nexy day or so. T.c.

Forum Member

Bryan ...

Gots to disagree with your choice of the bay for the pole. Everyone knows the best spot for it is the day room, assuming of course, you don't have a firehouse bar. That way you can recess those cheezy multi-colored lights into the ceiling.

As far as the still, my recommendation would be to have it trailer-mounted.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bryan ...

Gots to disagree with your choice of the bay for the pole. Everyone knows the best spot for it is the day room, assuming of course, you don't have a firehouse bar. That way you can recess those cheezy multi-colored lights into the ceiling.

As far as the still, my recommendation would be to have it trailer-mounted.
    My best recollection of Loosyanna is that most of them are. Some of them ladies down along the coast will dance dang near anywhere. Thats only heresay from my buddies Thibadeaux and Robideaux of course

55 Years & Still Rolling

Talking Huh?.............

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    That extra bay might just be for the new International combine they have on order. Damn things are more expensive than an aerial for use 1 month a year. Place looks great Bull, I hope it fulfills all your expectations. BTW, whose in charge of repainting the combine?

We start up the Combines in June to get the Winter Wheat in, then plant "Short Season" Soybeans in the Wheat Stubble. We're Combining the "Regular" Beans in Late August/September, Corn in September/October, and Finish up with the Short Season Beans in Late October/November. Combines are Parked December thru early June, Aerials are used all year long ..............

There's a European Combine on the Market that comes in Yellow, but here GREEN is the Color of Choice (with Yellow Wheels of course..
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

We start up the Combines in June to get the Winter Wheat in, then plant "Short Season" Soybeans in the Wheat Stubble. We're Combining the "Regular" Beans in Late August/September, Corn in September/October, and Finish up with the Short Season Beans in Late October/November. Combines are Parked December thru early June, Aerials are used all year long ..............

There's a European Combine on the Market that comes in Yellow, but here GREEN is the Color of Choice (with Yellow Wheels of course..
    Up here Harve, theres only one harvest season, starts about early Sept and with luck is done by Oct 1. After that we can expect snow anytime. There are custom combiners here that travel almost the length of North America combining. They start way down in Southern States in June, finish up in the Peace country Mid Oct. I know the combines you speak of, the European one is Klaas I think. Here combines are either Case IH or John Deere. I don't think there are other mfgs left.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Update

Here is some pictures showing the work being done to our Fire house. So far we are on track. It's a mess right now but it will be nice when it's finished.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by BULL321; 08-31-2009 at 12:53 AM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Hey - is that your black culvert pipe?

It's fouling the railroad tracks. It'll take out a guy riding on the side of a car. Tell your contractor to get it outta the way
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

More pictures

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    Hey - is that your black culvert pipe?

It's fouling the railroad tracks. It'll take out a guy riding on the side of a car. Tell your contractor to get it outta the way :D
    I tell the contractor in the morning. We can't be wasting any money on extra building supplies or train wrecks. :D

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Last edited by BULL321; 08-31-2009 at 01:04 AM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice decorative wall....is that going to be your parking area?

I hope that isn't a farm on top of the hill....you know what they say about the crap...
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Is that a KME i see parked in that bay????

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CVFD9LT View Post
    Is that a KME i see parked in that bay????
    No its a 93' Sutphen.

Dickey,

Thanks but no that's where we are going to build the addition. I asked the Chief the other day if he was going to let us practice our rock climbing skills the new retaining wall?

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Last edited by BULL321; 09-04-2009 at 12:16 AM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    No its a 93' Sutphen.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Ah i see now the grille kinda threw me off haha

Forum Member

Congradulations on getting the new station and working things out with the politicians.

I kind of look forward to seeing pictures of the station when it is complete.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Leeland View Post
    Congradulations on getting the new station and working things out with the politicians.

I kind of look forward to seeing pictures of the station when it is complete.
    Thanks. I will add to this thread from time to time, to keep you all updated on the Firehouse's progress.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information