Thread: It's new to me

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It's new to me

Ok so my operations grant is pretty much all complete with the exception of a couple of figures and my fire chief comes to me and says "Hey can we add this into the grant?" So I said ok let's see what it is and he shows me this: http://www.pokfire.com/news/100604.pdf this is a foam nozzle with a foam stick built into it. Has anybody ever seen or utilized one of these sets and if so were you able to get it awarded through AFG, and if not does anyone think that it has a chance of being awarded? I'm going for all new hose and nozzles and have no foam capability in my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FF2510 View Post
    Ok so my operations grant is pretty much all complete with the exception of a couple of figures and my fire chief comes to me and says "Hey can we add this into the grant?" So I said ok let's see what it is and he shows me this: http://www.pokfire.com/news/100604.pdf this is a foam nozzle with a foam stick built into it. Has anybody ever seen or utilized one of these sets and if so were you able to get it awarded through AFG, and if not does anyone think that it has a chance of being awarded? I'm going for all new hose and nozzles and have no foam capability in my department.
    Per the PG:

No less than $3 million must be awarded for foam and foam-related equipment.
    Since it's foam equipment it should be eligible under AFG guidelines.

I believe there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. Is the foam equipment request based on an actual "need" for the equipment or a "want" or "nice to have"? If it's the latter you will not be able to justify the "need" for the equipment. This in turn could weaken your overall narrative. IMO if you can not justify the need; do not add it in to the project.

Forum Member

Have a couple of them in service, good knock down, and the wetting agent is great to reduce rekindles. Purchased through vfa grant our local forester gives out each year. I have not checked with ISO to see if these count or not. Good thing about them is use as much foam as you need from the stick, then take it out wrap it in plastic and save it for later, the clean up is just running some more water through when you finish your foam application.

Thread Information