Default state final exam TX

hey guys whats up ? My Academy is ending in March i got 1 week left of live burns then we take our state exam for Texas, any pointers on what i should really try to study before takeing it, im hearing there is alot of Haz Mat on it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve04x View Post
    hey guys whats up ? My Academy is ending in March i got 1 week left of live burns then we take our state exam for Texas, any pointers on what i should really try to study before takeing it, im hearing there is alot of Haz Mat on it
    EVERYTHING!!! I hope you have been studying about one chapter ahead of what you were actually learning. That seemed to work for me. My academy was a traditional Mon-Fri. On the weekends, I worked the front desk at a gym, giving me tons of time to read. Once the state test drew near, I realized that I had actually read every chapter covered in my fire academy, page for page. I can look back and say that I'm glad I did this because it helped me out a lot when I took the state test. Granted I didn't remember everything that I read, but almost everything on the test was somewhat familar to me because I had seen it before.

Somewhere on TCFP's website, they have a referencing link for what pages you should study out of your textbook in preparation for the state test, but it's a lot! I didn't use TCFP's referencing link, but some of my fellow classmates who needed to cram did and some of them said trying to reference everything suggested within a few weeks of the test racked their brains!

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your state test. What academy are you at?
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, GO BE A COP!

Hey thanks man, im in the RGV- ETA academy we take the class final on the 23 and the state on the 25, my class avg. is a 90 we finish live burns this Friday and then have a week of hazmat. Then the two test.

hey thanks man, im in the RGV ETA Academy we take the state test on March 25th. i checked the commision website says it will cover FF1 FF2 and Hazmat awarness and Hazmat Opps. and we start are Hazmat class on the 16th

Thread Information