Forum Member

Question Age restrictions for overseas work.

Does anybody know if Wackehutt or any of the others has age limitations? I am 50 y/o and am about to be laid off from CalFire (I am new to CalFire and only an limited term FAE so I am disposable) and need to find good paying work fast or I will lose my home.

I am in fairly good shape and am used to heat and harsh conditions and have all of the required certs and quals.

Any advise, info would be appreciated, Wackenhutt hasnít answered my question yet
    Last edited by BigWhiteDog; 03-19-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Forum Member

I would go ahead and apply. I'm sure that they will kick back your app. if you don't meet the age restrictions. I am guessing here, but 50 is still plenty young. I'm sure that there are Chiefs and such that are over fifty. Again, this is all still a guess, as I am not over there yet. 17 days till I deploy!!!!!!!! Just ready to get this show on the road.

***edit*** BTW It takes a while to go through the process. Or it has taken me a while, and I had everything they wanted and had complete packets each time. i.e. no issues. I first applied in late November, and I leave on the 6th. So I hope that is fast enough for you to be able to pay the bills.
    Last edited by lafrance4078; 03-19-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Forum Member

4 months? wow. That's not good. Who are you going to work for? I still haven't even been given the courtesy of a return phone call from W.

Forum Member

Default Age

You'll be fine. We've had plenty of FF's over 50 and that's not including officers.

Forum Member

Big... sorry I just saw your post. I've had an overall good hiring process. But like I told someone else... actual results may very:-D

Thread Information