Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is Pres. Obama Lying?

  1. #76
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Regardless, actions like those would have gotten him kicked out of today's GOP.
    If one is to accept that your ridiculous premise is true, then must also accept that JFK would be kicked out of today's Democrat party, for wanting to lower taxes to balance the Federal budget, and for being anti-abortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Out of curiousity, which GOP state legislators would have been willing to override his vetoes when he was Governor?
    Which ones would refuse? And it's spelled CURIOSITY. Care to make some condescending remarks about my academic credentials?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Today's GOP wouldn't have allowed him to run for president because he had a record of raising taxes and loosening abortion laws as Governor.
    Says the person who thinks the 103rd Congress was run by Republicans. Says the person who thinks that trying to avert being killed by murder is insane, but claims to have spent his career trying to prevent a statistically less likely event. Says the person who marries into money, and then purports to be a capitalist virtuoso.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Put forth two links that describe how the $3T+ figure is derived. Feel free to read any of them.
    Links that are no more accurate than your knowledge of definitions, fiscal years, political history, or your spelling.

    The entire piece was based on the writer's opinions of "opportunity costs." Based on opportunity costs, not playing the lottery cost me $500 million, because I missed the opportunity to win it.

    The fact that you think this is a legitimate form of accounting for costs tells us all just how deranged your mind really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Since when have you cared about what Chris Matthews thinks?
    I don't, but he's a delirious Øbama fanboi, just like you. And if thinks Øbama had a crappy year, then only the most ideologically blind Marxists could possible conceive that Øbama had a good one.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  2. #77
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    If one is to accept that your ridiculous premise is true, then must also accept that JFK would be kicked out of today's Democrat party, for wanting to lower taxes to balance the Federal budget, and for being anti-abortion.
    JFK lowered taxes to about double the current rate. By all means let's use him as an example.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Which ones would refuse?
    You brought it up. You tell us.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Says the person who marries into money, and then purports to be a capitalist virtuoso.Links that are no more accurate than your knowledge of definitions, fiscal years, political history, or your spelling.
    Ha ha ha. Sorry moonbat. My wife literally had a job where she asked people if they wanted fries with their order. I supported the family as she went to school. We started amassing our portfolio after we were married. There is a reason envy is a deadly sin. Sorry if marrying the lead checker at the Piggly Wiggly didn't work out for you. That is assuming you're married.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    The entire piece was based on the writer's opinions of "opportunity costs." Based on opportunity costs, not playing the lottery cost me $500 million, because I missed the opportunity to win it.
    Bad analogy. The costs you cite are already spent. Costs of the war will continue long after the conflict is deemed to be over. That was the point of the links I posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    The fact that you think this is a legitimate form of accounting for costs tells us all just how deranged your mind really is.
    Which only shows how little you understand about the costs of fighting wars.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    I don't, but he's a delirious Øbama fanboi, just like you. And if thinks Øbama had a crappy year, then only the most ideologically blind Marxists could possible conceive that Øbama had a good one.
    Obviously you do care since you cited him to prove your point.

    You should have read some of the things he wrote about Bush during that disastrous administration.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #78
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    JFK lowered taxes to about double the current rate. By all means let's use him as an example.
    JFK didn't lower taxes, LBJ did. Again you show how little you know about history.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You brought it up. You tell us.
    The ones that wouldn't support the necessary budget cuts to balance the budget deficit left for Reagan by Governor Moonbeam's father.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Ha ha ha. Sorry moonbat.
    Again, that word does not mean what you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    My wife literally had a job where she asked people if they wanted fries with their order. I supported the family as she went to school. We started amassing our portfolio after we were married. There is a reason envy is a deadly sin.
    Not surprising, the missed the point. Her salary in no way supports that idea that you possess any exceptional knowledge, skills, or abilities. But your incessant pattern of bragging about it does prove just how much of a narcissist you are. That's one more thing you have in common with Barry Soetoro. Pretending to be something you're not.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Sorry if marrying the lead checker at the Piggly Wiggly didn't work out for you. That is assuming you're married.
    Describing you as sorry is a compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The costs you cite are already spent. Costs of the war will continue long after the conflict is deemed to be over. That was the point of the links I posted.
    You posted a link to imaginary costs and inflated estimates. Which is total BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Which only shows how little you understand about the costs of fighting wars.
    Again, you belittling me about knowledge of anything except the trendiest places to have your personal assistance get you a cappuccino is quite silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Obviously you do care since you cited him to prove your point.
    When Obama's most prolific cheerleader says he's a loser, then he's a loser. Even Barbara Walters is singing that tune. I think I hear a fat lady warming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You should have read some of the things he wrote about Bush during that disastrous administration.
    If you consider 2001-2009 disastrous, then 2009-2017 is genocide.

    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  4. #79
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    JFK didn't lower taxes, LBJ did. Again you show how little you know about history.
    There you go. LBJ lowered them to about double the current rate and then proceeded to pass an excise tax to help pay for the Vietnam War. The fiscally responsible thing to do. As opposed to Bush who went to war and then lowered taxes, and borrowed the money. In my defense it is well documented that JFK advocated lowering them to that level. Congress passed those changes shortly after he was assassinated.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    The ones that wouldn't support the necessary budget cuts to balance the budget deficit left for Reagan by Governor Moonbeam's father.
    So you have no idea. Bottom line. Thanks for admitting that Reagan raised taxes as Governor. That was the point. Reagan tax increases were indeed necessary. I've never disputed that claim.
    Those actions would have gotten Reagan kicked out of today's GOP. The group that pushes that narrative doesn't allow for exceptions. Grover Norquist (the originator of the No Tax Pledge) has stated that taxes should never be raised regardless of the circumstances.

    Tell you what Moonbat. If you can show me a GOP candidate that had a history of raising taxes, loosening abortion laws, and advocating for loosening immigration that was supported for higher office. I'll concede that you're correct Reagan would indeed be supported by today's GOP. Especially the Tea Bag wing of the party.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Again, that word does not mean what you think it means.
    Keep telling yourself that.

    Moonbat:

    Moonbat (1) (n) Irrational and Mentally unstable persons of a decidedly liberal political affiliation;
    (2) (n) Someone on the extreme edge of whatever their -ism happens to be.

    Definition #2 describes you perfectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Not surprising, the missed the point. Her salary in no way supports that idea that you possess any exceptional knowledge, skills, or abilities. But your incessant pattern of bragging about it does prove just how much of a narcissist you are.
    You're the one that keeps bringing her up. I never said her salary supports any idea that I have exceptional knowledge or skills. You did.

    I have no problem bragging about my wife. My marriage is a team effort. Its worked out well. Sorry to hear that yours hasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    That's one more thing you have in common with Barry Soetoro. Pretending to be something you're not.
    He's president. What is he pretending to be that he is not?

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    You posted a link to imaginary costs and inflated estimates. Which is total BS.
    What parts are inflated? The part about the ongoing expenses for veterans after the war? What is your source for those future costs? Regardless of the amount, those costs will be borne by future taxpayers for a conflict that was unnecessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    When Obama's most prolific cheerleader says he's a loser, then he's a loser. Even Barbara Walters is singing that tune. I think I hear a fat lady warming up. If you consider 2001-2009 disastrous, then 2009-2017 is genocide.
    Yeah. Keep thinking that Matthews and Walters are great prognosticators. Let us know how it works out. Obama will be president till Jan. 2017. Since you like Obama so much, you're going to love Hillary.....for eight years.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-06-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #80
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    As opposed to Bush who went to war and then lowered taxes, and borrowed the money.
    Oh the irony... of a delirious Øbama fanbio' whining about Bush's deficit spending. The English language lacks words to describe how precious, yet hypocritical, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    In my defense it is well documented that JFK advocated lowering them to that level.
    THE LEVEL, is not the point. You didn't characterize Reagan's gubernatorial increases based on rates. You based your "kicked out of the GOP" lie on the fact the he INCREASED rates. And when presented with a similar example that shoes the utter silliness of your logic, you attempt to switch measuring sticks and base it on rates, rather than simple increases and decreases. You can't have it both ways.

    This is nothing new for you. When your partisan lies are exposed for their senselessness and lack of logic, you attempt to move the goal line so you won't lose face.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    JFK lowered taxes to about double the current rate. By all means let's use him as an example.
    If you mean to imply that I'm advocating JFK's rates, which I did not, then that means that you were advocating RWR's gubernatorial rates, where the top income rate reached 11%. It's nice to see that you're finally seeing the light, and we all appreciate your endorsement of a top income tax rate of 11%.

    Saying Ronald Reagan raised taxes is like saying Michael Jordan was a guy who struck out a lot. It’s factually correct, but misleading.

    As President, Reagan indexed the tax code to account for inflation. Because that hadn't been done for so long, a larger share of Americans had reached the upper tax levels. By re-indexing them, many people fell into a bracket of a lower rate.

    In 1982 Reagan raises taxes when he was promised spending cuts in exchange. So just accusing him of raising taxes without mentioning the undelivered promise of spending cuts, is again misleading. Facts matter, but everyone knows that won't stop you from using half-truths to smear his political resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Congress passed those changes shortly after he was assassinated.
    If JFK were around today, they would denounce him as a right-wing extremist and revoke his membership card. Take this quote for example:
    It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now … Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus.
    And this statement isn't anecdotal, he made plenty more like it. It proves that JFK was a supply-sider. Something President Downgrade, and 99% of registered democrats, know nothing about.

    And the biggest reason that JFK would get kicked out of today's communist, I mean democrat party....
    JFK HATED COMMUNISM

    June 26, 1963 in Berlin, West Germany, Kennedy said:
    There are many people in the world who really don't understand, or say they don't, what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world.

    Let them come to Berlin.

    There are some who say that communism is the wave of the future.

    Let them come to Berlin.

    And there are some who say, in Europe and elsewhere, we can work with the Communists.

    Let them come to Berlin.

    And there are even a few who say that it is true that communism is an evil system, but it permits us to make economic progress.

    Lass' sie nach Berlin kommen.

    Let them come to Berlin.
    Kennedy was an anti-communist who believed in a muscular foreign policy. He was willing to go to the brink of nuclear war to prevent the Soviet Union from placing nuclear weapons in Cuba. His aggressive stand against communism is likely why the communist Lee Harvey Oswald killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So you have no idea. Bottom line.
    I most certainly do. It's the ones who who can vote. Only a partisan hack who lies to advance his false narrative would be so obtuse to believe that legislative voting always follows party lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Thanks for admitting that Reagan raised taxes as Governor. That was the point.
    I never disputed that actual rates increased. It's a matter of fact, not opinion. But as I stated earlier, all tax increases are not created equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Reagan tax increases were indeed necessary. I've never disputed that claim.
    But you use it to pretend that Reagan is something he wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Those actions would have gotten Reagan kicked out of today's GOP.
    In your dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The group that pushes that narrative doesn't allow for exceptions. Grover Norquist (the originator of the No Tax Pledge) has stated that taxes should never be raised regardless of the circumstances.
    Grover Norquist heads Americans for Tax Reform, not the GOP. But don't let facts stop you from telling people that he works for the GOP. Oh, and Norquist is a HUGE open borders advocate, and he's married to a Palestinian Muslim. And if we follow your patten of lies and mischaracterization, his open borders policy would get him kicked out of the GOP. So which is it? Is Norquist in the GOP because of his tax idea, or out of the GOP because of his immigration ideas? You can't have it both ways.

    Norquist's marriage and borders policy alone would grant him Grand Puba status with the democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Tell you what Moonbat.
    It's still unclear why you continue to call me a liberal. But the pattern is clear of liberals hijacking words and using double speak to advance their agenda.

    In 1934 Fred Astaire starred in a movie titled the The Gay Divorcee. Originally, gay meant happy and exuberant. But the militant homosexuals hijacked the work to describe themselves, and 80 years later a movie with the same title would have a much difference meaning.

    Same thing was done with the word liberal. It used to mean one who places primary emphasis on securing the freedom of the individual by limiting the power of the government. But the left-wingers hijacked that word to describe themselves. Now today liberal has a totally different meaning than it did in the past.

    Your manipulation of the word moonbat is no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    If you can show me a GOP candidate that had a history of raising taxes, loosening abortion laws, and advocating for loosening immigration that was supported for higher office. I'll concede that you're correct Reagan would indeed be supported by today's GOP. Especially the Tea Bag wing of the party.
    Olympia Snowe
    • Voted NO on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years. (May 2003)
    • Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
    • Voted NO on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
    • Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
    • Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
    • Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007)
    • Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship.
    • Rated 25% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.

    Moonbat:

    Moonbat (1) (n) Irrational and Mentally unstable persons of a decidedly liberal political affiliation;
    (2) (n) Someone on the extreme edge of whatever their -ism happens to be.

    Definition #2 describes you perfectly.
    The other 6 definitions on the link you provide describe you. The other 6 (SIX) definitions define the term as a leftist. Reading, it's FUNdamental.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You're the one that keeps bringing her up.
    I don't bring her up specifically, only the fact that you're riding her coattails.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I never said her salary supports any idea that I have exceptional knowledge or skills. You did.
    And that, is a blatant lie. You've bragged endlessly about your possessions, and you bloviate about how much better off you are than everyone else. The implication is crystal clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I have no problem bragging about my wife. My marriage is a team effort. Its worked out well. Sorry to hear that yours hasn't.
    You have no problem bragging about your possessions that your wife allows you to purchase. The record is clear on that. And you know nothing about my marital status, you can only speculate, and attempt to make incorrect assumptions about it. But thanx for showing us all how desperate you are to spread lies about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    He's president. What is he pretending to be that he is not?
    He's a Marxist, pure and simple, masquerading as a promoter of freedom and liberty.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Regardless of the amount, those costs will be borne by future taxpayers for a conflict that was unnecessary.
    No matter, that number isn't going to reach $3,000,000,000,000.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yeah. Keep thinking that Matthews and Walters are great prognosticators.
    They're great to most liberals. That's why they hold the high profile positions they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Let us know how it works out.
    MSNBC ratings tell you all you need to know, meanwhile, Fox News has more people watching at 3 AM than MSNBC has in prime time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Obama will be president till Jan. 2017. Since you like Obama so much, you're going to love Hillary.....for eight years.
    Funny how liberals are ohhing and ahhhing over the idea of a woman president. In 2008 they hated the idea of a female VP, and threw everything butt the kitchen sink at her.

    When the group policy mandates from Obamacare hit in late 2014, the tsunami of rate hikes and cancellations will create a lot of backlash. Obama knows it, which is why he's postponed the mandates until after the 2014 elections. Clinton will have to overcome that, or separate herself from it. But she's got two good teachers on how to dodge responsibility, Obama and Bill are two of the best.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  6. #81
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Oh the irony... of a delirious Øbama fanbio' whining about Bush's deficit spending. The English language lacks words to describe how precious, yet hypocritical, it is. THE LEVEL, is not the point. You didn't characterize Reagan's gubernatorial increases based on rates. You based your "kicked out of the GOP" lie on the fact the he INCREASED rates. And when presented with a similar example that shoes the utter silliness of your logic, you attempt to switch measuring sticks and base it on rates, rather than simple increases and decreases. You can't have it both ways.
    None of which changes my original premise that Reagan would get kicked out of today's GOP with the record he had as governor and president. So yes, I get to have it both ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Saying Ronald Reagan raised taxes is like saying Michael Jordan was a guy who struck out a lot. It’s factually correct, but misleading.
    None of which matters to the anti-tax zealots like Grover Norquist.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Grover Norquist heads Americans for Tax Reform, not the GOP. But don't let facts stop you from telling people that he works for the GOP. Oh, and Norquist is a HUGE open borders advocate, and he's married to a Palestinian Muslim. And if we follow your patten of lies and mischaracterization, his open borders policy would get him kicked out of the GOP. So which is it? Is Norquist in the GOP because of his tax idea, or out of the GOP because of his immigration ideas? You can't have it both ways.
    Norquist's claim to controlling the GOP's agenda is well known and recognized by the politicos that have signed his silly pledge. Except to you....of course. So yes, I can have it both ways....again.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Your manipulation of the word moonbat is no different.
    Posted a link that proved my point. No need to elaborate. Own it, it's you.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Funny how liberals are ohhing and ahhhing over the idea of a woman president. In 2008 they hated the idea of a female VP, and threw everything butt the kitchen sink at her.
    Party politics. Part of the game. Repubs did the same to McCain in 2000 to get the disaster known as Bush elected. In 2008 they spoke about McCain like he was the greatest to ever run for president....except for St. Ronny Reagan of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    When the group policy mandates from Obamacare hit in late 2014, the tsunami of rate hikes and cancellations will create a lot of backlash. Obama knows it, which is why he's postponed the mandates until after the 2014 elections. Clinton will have to overcome that, or separate herself from it. But she's got two good teachers on how to dodge responsibility, Obama and Bill are two of the best.
    None of which changes the reality you'll be facing with Hillary as president.

    Moonbat, what I enjoy most about the outrage from conservatives like you is their lack of historical knowledge when it comes to the current president. From a policy perspective, this president hasn't done anything that hasn't been done or proposed by conservatives during the last 30 years. Yet folks like you only started eye twitching and frothing after Jan. 2009. Why is that? Were you asleep during the Bush Administration when he was doubling the national debt, invading privacy, and expanding social programs (Medicare Part D)? Who am I kidding? Of course you were. If conservatives like you had been as outraged as they claim, they would have run someone else that exemplified their ideals during the primary. Instead the GOP supported him unequivocally. Then there is the convenient patriotism exhibited by conservatives. Anyone that criticized Bush was viewed as Unamerican since there were troops in harms way. Conservatives routinely criticize the president with troops still in harms way. By their own standards they are Unamerican. You either believe criticizing the president is wrong or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-08-2014 at 03:24 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #82
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Meanwhile Obama just keeps winning.
    The liberals at MSNBC disagree.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  8. #83
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    The liberals at MSNBC disagree.
    Pretty much dispels the conservative myth that the MSM is in the tank for Obama if they are being critical.

    Better yet is that you have pegged the needle on my ironometer with you citing them as a legit source.

    Regardless, Obama is president and McCain and Romney are not.

    To paraphrase one of my favorite lines from the 2012 presidential election:

    "please proceed moonbat."
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-11-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #84
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,574

    Default

    Is Obama lying? Of course, and so did Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt, and every other President. It is in the nature of the job at times to tell people what they want to hear instead of the truth or what they need to hear.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  10. #85
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fyredup View Post
    is obama lying? Of course, and so did bush 2, clinton, bush 1, reagan, carter, ford, nixon, johnson, kennedy, eisenhower, truman, roosevelt, and every other president. It is in the nature of the job at times to tell people what they want to hear instead of the truth or what they need to hear.
    bing--frackin'--ohh!!!

    It's just a question of whose ox one wants gored.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-13-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  11. #86
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    All you have left is stupid pics hoping that people forget your crackpot claims.

    Meanwhile Obama just keeps winning.
    If by winning you mean he's stepping in a steaming pile of manure covering a landmine at every step, then yes, Øbama is winning.

    The idea that you accuse me of being a crackpot whist you sit there and proclaim that Øbama is winning is the epitome of hypocrisy.

    And now the Washington Post is saying that Øbama was "badly damaged last year by legislative failures."

    And in addition to presiding over the Federal Government's credit rating downgrade, Øbamacare is responsible for the downgrade of the US's Health Insurance providers too. Now we have more than one reason to call Barry Soetoro "President Downgrade."

    Won't be long and Øbama's name will be mud even on democratic underground and single-marxists.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    To paraphrase one of my favorite lines from the 2012 Presidential debates.

    "Please proceed moonbat."
    The preponderance of evidence shows that society, and the entire internet, uses that word to describe looney leftists like you.

    Why don't you write some more silly stuff like attacking my intelligence with misspelled words.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  12. #87
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Hey moonbat, keep dreaming. The word describes you perfectly according the definition I linked. It obviously bothers you.

    You citing the Washington Post as proof of anything is yet another needle pegging moment on the ironometer.

    Your comparison of liberals and leftists to Marxism only proves your ignorance of Marx and his theories.

    Once again:

    "Please proceed moonbat."
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #88
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Deficits and gas prices are down.

    Stock market indexes and ratings are up.

    Pretty good for a person conservatives claimed would ruin the economy and install marxism.

  14. #89
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    texas usa
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Deficits and gas prices are down.

    Stock market indexes and ratings are up.

    Pretty good for a person conservatives claimed would ruin the economy and install marxism.
    but he went with the wrong call on the Cowboy/ Detroit game
    scfire86 likes this.

  15. #90
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Deficits and gas prices are down.
    The irony of claiming that deficits are down is like the satire of playing "Heat Wave" in the beginning of "Grump Old Men."

    And gas prices are falling despite that "War on Energy" that liberals wage on a daily basis. If it weren't for advances in drilling technology and OPEC trying to punish other producers with low prices, gas would still near $4/gallon.

    In the 2012 Presidential debates, Michelle Bachman asserted that we could see $2/gal gas again, and liberals attacked her mercilessly for the idea. Now when her prediction is a reality, all we hear is worshiping at the alter of Ø.

    Gas was under $2/gallon when Obama and the Democrats took over in DC in 2008. I didn't read one line here where you or any other liberal blamed them for prices rising, now you want to give President ZerØ credit for them falling. You can't have it both ways. If he's to credit for them falling, then he's to blame for them rising so sharply, and 6 years of high fuel prices.

    Clearly you've gotten your medical marijuana identification card.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Stock market indexes and ratings are up.
    It's called inflation. Everything is going up. And with the amount of quantitative easing the Fed's been pumping out, those dollars have to go somewhere. The last time the dollars went into housing, it created a bubble, and the bubble popped. This time the excess dollars are going to different places.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Pretty good for a person conservatives claimed would ruin the economy and install Marxism.
    He's installed his own brand of Marxism. It's called Øbamunism.

  16. #91
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Moonbat, I knew you would respond.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    The irony of claiming that deficits are down is like the satire of playing "Heat Wave" in the beginning of "Grump Old Men."
    Which doesn't make it less true.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    And gas prices are falling despite that "War on Energy" that liberals wage on a daily basis. If it weren't for advances in drilling technology and OPEC trying to punish other producers with low prices, gas would still near $4/gallon.
    Yet prices are still down.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    In the 2012 Presidential debates, Michelle Bachman asserted that we could see $2/gal gas again, and liberals attacked her mercilessly for the idea. Now when her prediction is a reality, all we hear is worshiping at the alter of Ø.
    Yet prices are still down.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Gas was under $2/gallon when Obama and the Democrats took over in DC in 2008. I didn't read one line here where you or any other liberal blamed them for prices rising, now you want to give President ZerØ credit for them falling. You can't have it both ways. If he's to credit for them falling, then he's to blame for them rising so sharply, and 6 years of high fuel prices.
    True. At that point in time the economy and markets were in freefall. Indexes were plummetting and 500K per month were losing their jobs. Something that isn't the case now. Realizing that you have the attention span of a mosquito on crack, six months before Bush left office gas prices were $4/gal. Folks like you weren't complaining about it like you were when they hit those levels under Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Clearly you've gotten your medical marijuana identification card.It's called inflation. Everything is going up. And with the amount of quantitative easing the Fed's been pumping out, those dollars have to go somewhere. The last time the dollars went into housing, it created a bubble, and the bubble popped. This time the excess dollars are going to different places.He's installed his own brand of Marxism. It's called Øbamunism.
    You're shown that you know nothing about economic systems. Don't be a hater moonbat. Obama just keeps succeeding despite the best attempts of folks like you to claim otherwise.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-08-2015 at 11:54 AM.

  17. #92
    Forum Member
    FFWALT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Normally I don't enter these discussions but I'm going to enter this one.

    Is Obama lying? Are his lips moving?

    I understand I am a Joe nobody, just another enlisted troop. I accept the fact that what I saw in two tours in Iraq is not what the media reports. I also accept the fact that when one of my buddy's reports they found WMD he has no reason to lie. Tell me all that you believe, I know what I saw.

    Don't lecture me about terrorism. I still can't grasp the stupidity of addressing the world saying how OBL has been killed on the day it happened! **** away the opportunity to use that information against our enemies. **** away the opportunity to use what we know against them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    While I'm at it. The affordable care act. "Pass it so you can find out what's in it". Seriously? That makes used car salesmen look like upstanding members of society.

    How about Berdahal? Approve a trade with our enemies for someone who deserted their post! The only reason he hasn't changed residence to Kansas is due to the current administration. Bergdahal is a disgrace to anyone who has ever worn the uniform. Of course Obama had to have his parents at the White House to announce the release. Grabbing for political benefit without knowing what is actually going on.

    How about disrupting a wedding ceremony because he wants to go golfing with his high school buddies? You're on vacation, can't you wait an extra hour? Oh wait, they are military personnel. No anyone Obama cares about.

    I apologize but I could rant for awhile.

    This guy makes Clinton look like an upstanding member of the community.

  18. #93
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    texas usa
    Posts
    443

    Default

    my 2/12 cents

    1. one person cannot change the economy

    2. it would be nice to have "Great presidential candidates" not the lesser of two evils, and that seems to be for the last few presidents.

    3. Plus America is to balme, some other countries people line up for hours for the Privilege to vote. Sad America does not do that.

  19. #94
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    Is Obama lying? Are his lips moving?
    Typical response about any politician at just about any level.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    I understand I am a Joe nobody, just another enlisted troop. I accept the fact that what I saw in two tours in Iraq is not what the media reports. I also accept the fact that when one of my buddy's reports they found WMD he has no reason to lie. Tell me all that you believe, I know what I saw.
    Given that WMD's were the primary reason for invading, finding them would have been touted from every mountain high and low by the Bush Administration. I'd like your buddy to be more specific. Given that the AK-47 has caused more human suffering than any other weapon system in world history that might be what he was discussing. Since many of them are in Iraq being used by the bad guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    Don't lecture me about terrorism. I still can't grasp the stupidity of addressing the world saying how OBL has been killed on the day it happened! **** away the opportunity to use that information against our enemies. **** away the opportunity to use what we know against them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Given the number of terrorist leaders that have been killed since OBL's killing I'd say there is information being used against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    While I'm at it. The affordable care act. "Pass it so you can find out what's in it". Seriously? That makes used car salesmen look like upstanding members of society.
    Same as just about any other piece of legislation. Carried by legislators from both sides. What would be helpful is if the GOP had actually put forth a plan that has been shown to work and worked for the American people. Instead their solution is to repeal for political reasons that do nothing to help the middle class.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    How about Berdahal? Approve a trade with our enemies for someone who deserted their post! The only reason he hasn't changed residence to Kansas is due to the current administration. Bergdahal is a disgrace to anyone who has ever worn the uniform. Of course Obama had to have his parents at the White House to announce the release. Grabbing for political benefit without knowing what is actually going on.
    Accusation is still not proof. Bergdahl is innocent till proven guilty. Your claim that he has not been charged because of the administration is more hearsay. Your accusations are a disgrace to the process Americans claim as their system of justice. That one is afforded due process. I have no doubt any other president would have had his parents present to announce a prisoner's release.

    Six months before Bergdahl's release, many GOP officials were stating that the president should do all he can to secure Bergdahl's release. That all changed the moment it occurred.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    How about disrupting a wedding ceremony because he wants to go golfing with his high school buddies? You're on vacation, can't you wait an extra hour? Oh wait, they are military personnel. No anyone Obama cares about.
    From Snopes.com:

    Naile Brennan, manager of K Bay Catering, the company that planned the wedding, told Bloomberg she was prepared for the president's visit and had several alternate locations ready for the bride and groom:

    "(The new location) much prettier and much nicer venue unless you're an avid golfer. It's more secluded and there are no golfers yelling, 'Fore!'"

    It's unclear if the President was aware of the scheduling issue before teeing off. He was apologetic for forcing the military couple to change venues on short notice and according to Jamie McCarthy, sister of the groom, he phoned the newlyweds to congratulate them on their marriage:

    "He apologized and congratulated them. (It was a) wonderful talk. We were all there, it was perfect. Made their day."
    McCarthy said the venue change was stressful for the newlyweds. Still, the couple uploaded several photos of the wedding to Instagram with the hashtag #ThanksObama:

    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/info/news/obam...338tMYyiLox.99
    You say that Obama doesn't care about the military. Based on what? They are the only group of federal employees to get raises every year during his administration. He lifted the blanket ban on media coverage of the fallen that was imposed by his predecessors. He has been present for almost every arrival of the fallen at Dover AFB. Something his predecessor did NOT do. The defense budget continues to rise despite documented proof of massive waste. Your claim is not substantiated by fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    I apologize but I could rant for awhile.
    Glad you got it off your chest.

    Quote Originally Posted by FFWALT View Post
    This guy makes Clinton look like an upstanding member of the community.
    Good thing you feel that way. You may be seeing him back in the White House.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-10-2015 at 10:39 AM.

  20. #95
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fire5555 View Post
    my 2/12 cents

    1. one person cannot change the economy
    Yet conservatives were quick to blame Obama when he took office while the economy was still crashing. Claiming it was because of him.

    McConnell is now trying to claim that the current economic upswing is due to the GOP elections last November. Even though much of the upswing occurred three months before the election.

    I'm sure his idiot followers believe it.

  21. #96
    MembersZone Subscriber
    tree68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jefferson County, NY USA
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    I've heard it said that today JFK would have been a Republican...

  22. #97
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Moonbat, I knew you would respond.
    Your calling me a moonbat is no different that anything espoused by liberals. Whatever they allege is always the exact opposite of reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Which doesn't make it less true.
    It's like a physician caring for a patient, where Dr. Obama's treatment causes the patient to gain more weight than had ever been recorded in history. Then some talented nurses and dieticians joined the team against the will of Dr Obama, then the patient loses half the weight they gained. Which is quickly touted by Dr. Obama as how good his prescribed treatment was for the patient. And the CBO warns that this is a temporary lull and that the deficit storm will return in full fury next year, reaching $600 billion under the most realistic assumptions. The deficit will keep going up because the politicians won’t do anything about the entitlements that drive the deficit.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yet prices are still down.
    And President ZerØ has done nothing to help it along. Prices are down because OPEC members want them down. -Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...rrel/21484911/ - How OPEC Weaponized the Price of Oil Against U.S. Drillers: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...8-selloff.html
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yet prices are still down.
    Which is even odder still given we have a president who's publicly stated that under his plan energy prices "would necessarily skyrocket." He wants higher energy prices. Back in 2008, when we had a President who loved American rather than loathed it, you credited falling gas prices with a decrease in demand. [http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-11/#post978627] (Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!) And you went on to say that the decrease in demand was because the world economy was tanking. But at the present time, you chose the credit falling gas prices with who's in office, and make no mention of demand, which should be at the highest ever because you insinuate that the economy is the best ever thanks to President Zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    six months before Bush left office gas prices were $4/gal. Folks like you weren't complaining about it like you were when they hit those levels under Obama.
    You have no memory at all. All you know are liberal talking points. I did complain about high fuel prices while Bush was in office, read it here: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-2/#post974842 (Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!) where I wrote: "We did this do ourselves. We chose to drive inefficient vehicles and live 30 minutes from work. Our rise in power in the last century relied more on the supply of cheap oil than any other factor. "
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You're shown that you know nothing about economic systems. Don't be a hater moonbat. Obama just keeps succeeding despite the best attempts of folks like you to claim otherwise.
    Oh he's successful alright. Succeeded at spending more money than any President in history. Succeeded in increasing the National Debt more than any President in history. Succeeded in having the U.S.'s credit rating downgraded. Succeeded in expanding warrantless wiretapping beyond anything Bush ever did, after vigorously campaigning against it. Succeeded in nixing the Keystone pipeline which would have made the sale of Canadian oil much cheaper and safer for the environment. Succeeded in putting all legislation on the Internet for five days before it comes to a vote. (sarcasm) Succeeded in promising to close Gitmo and then failing to do so. Succeeded in predicting that stimulus would ensure that unemployment doesn’t exceed 8%. It was over 8% for 3.5 years and peaked at 9.9% Succeeded in helping bolster and grow ISIS by pulling out of Iraq as soon as he could. Succeeded in having no strategy for dealing with the Islamic State. Succeeded in receiving ZERO criticism from the left when he chose to unilaterally send armed forces back to Iraq after pulling out. Bush went into Iraq with multiple UN resolutions, congressional approval, a broad “coalition of the willing.” President Downgrade has none of those. Succeeded in making the United States nearly irrelevant on the world stage. Succeeded in squandering billions of future taxpayer money on "green" energy companies that are now bankrupt. Succeeded in disassociating the Ft Hood shooting with Islamic Terrorism. Succeeded in increasing food stamp enrollment to the highest levels in history. Succeeded in driving the Labor Force Participation Rate to the lowest since February of 1978. Succeeded in raising total US Debt to over $18,000,000,000,000.00. Total US debt has increased by 70% under Obama, from $10.625 trillion on January 21, 2009 to $18.005 trillion most recently. And succeeded in starting the largest voter drive in history and calling it "immigration reform."
    Last edited by txgp17; 01-13-2015 at 01:54 AM.

  23. #98
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tree68 View Post
    I've heard it said that today JFK would have been a Republican...
    And Reagan would be a GOP.

  24. #99
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Your calling me a moonbat is no different that anything espoused by liberals. Whatever they allege is always the exact opposite of reality.It's like a physician caring for a patient, where Dr. Obama's treatment causes the patient to gain more weight than had ever been recorded in history. Then some talented nurses and dieticians joined the team against the will of Dr Obama, then the patient loses half the weight they gained. Which is quickly touted by Dr. Obama as how good his prescribed treatment was for the patient.
    Which is a typical tactic of yours to attempt deflection with something that is totally irrelevant to the topic. Nice try.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    And the CBO warns that this is a temporary lull and that the deficit storm will return in full fury next year, reaching $600 billion under the most realistic assumptions. The deficit will keep going up because the politicians won’t do anything about the entitlements that drive the deficit.And President ZerØ has done nothing to help it along. Prices are down because OPEC members want them down.
    -Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...rrel/21484911/
    - How OPEC Weaponized the Price of Oil Against U.S. Drillers: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...8-selloff.html Which is even odder still given we have a president who's publicly stated that under his plan energy prices "would necessarily skyrocket." He wants higher energy prices.
    Blah blah blah. The usual blabber from you. Which does nothing to address the reality that the economy is doing well.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Back in 2008, when we had a President who loved American rather than loathed it, you credited falling gas prices with a decrease in demand. [http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-11/#post978627] (Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!) And you went on to say that the decrease in demand was because the world economy was tanking.
    Which was true at that time.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    But at the present time, you chose the credit falling gas prices with who's in office, and make no mention of demand, which should be at the highest ever because you insinuate that the economy is the best ever thanks to President Zero.You have no memory at all. All you know are liberal talking points. I did complain about high fuel prices while Bush was in office, read it here: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-2/#post974842 (Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!) where I wrote: "We did this do ourselves. We chose to drive inefficient vehicles and live 30 minutes from work. Our rise in power in the last century relied more on the supply of cheap oil than any other factor. " Oh he's successful alright.
    Which does nothing to change the reality of how well the economy is doing under his leadership.


    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Succeeded at spending more money than any President in history.
    Succeeded in increasing the National Debt more than any President in history.
    Succeeded in having the U.S.'s credit rating downgraded.
    Succeeded in expanding warrantless wiretapping beyond anything Bush ever did, after vigorously campaigning against it.
    Succeeded in nixing the Keystone pipeline which would have made the sale of Canadian oil much cheaper and safer for the environment.
    Succeeded in putting all legislation on the Internet for five days before it comes to a vote. (sarcasm)
    Succeeded in promising to close Gitmo and then failing to do so.
    Succeeded in predicting that stimulus would ensure that unemployment doesn’t exceed 8%. It was over 8% for 3.5 years and peaked at 9.9%
    Succeeded in helping bolster and grow ISIS by pulling out of Iraq as soon as he could.
    Succeeded in having no strategy for dealing with the Islamic State.
    Succeeded in receiving ZERO criticism from the left when he chose to unilaterally send armed forces back to Iraq after pulling out. Bush went into Iraq with multiple UN resolutions, congressional approval, a broad “coalition of the willing.” President Downgrade has none of those.
    Succeeded in making the United States nearly irrelevant on the world stage.
    Succeeded in squandering billions of future taxpayer money on "green" energy companies that are now bankrupt.
    Succeeded in disassociating the Ft Hood shooting with Islamic Terrorism.
    Succeeded in increasing food stamp enrollment to the highest levels in history.
    Succeeded in driving the Labor Force Participation Rate to the lowest since February of 1978.

    Succeeded in raising total US Debt to over $18,000,000,000,000.00. Total US debt has increased by 70% under Obama, from $10.625 trillion on January 21, 2009 to $18.005 trillion most recently.
    And succeeded in starting the largest voter drive in history and calling it "immigration reform."
    Don't be a hater moonbat. Obama has succeeded despite the America haters like yourself.

    Obama has managed an incredible disaster left him by the so called president you believe loved his country. And it drives you crazy. Your only response are scurrilous predictions and tin foil hat nonsense. It's why you're my favorite moonbat.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-13-2015 at 03:24 AM.

  25. #100
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    texas usa
    Posts
    443

    Default

    in two years it will not matter

    than in four years it will not matter

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pres. Obama and the Disabled
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
  2. FDNY Chiefs' Union Pres Says Don't Volunteer
    By hoseheadmaps in forum Volunteer Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 08:15 PM
  3. 15% of Canadians would not vote for Pres. Bush-WHO CARES?
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 04:32 PM
  4. TLC 911/pres Bush
    By firemanpat29 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:33 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2001, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register