Thread: Afg 09

Forum Member

Default Afg 09

I just herd that the Application period wont open until April 13th
    i find this hard to believe can anyone confirm or deny

Forum Member

Wrong...it has to open in March so that they can begin the peer review on time.

Forum Member

When does the peer review begin and how de we know they wont delay the review

Forum Member

Peer review has been delayed before. It is currently scheduled to open the first week of May and run for three weeks, but it may also be moved from Emmitsburg due to scheduling conflicts. It has to be posted, and guidance has to be out for 24 hrs prior to the application period opening.

Forum Member

I guess this is normal. At least that's what they'll say anyway.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I think everyone lost in the pool, I don't think anyone had anything past this week picked. The longer they delay it I say the more apps will get submitted the first week. Everyone should be really polished by the time it opens.

MembersZone Subscriber

I wish I would be. I have to wait for the new guidance concerning the EMS money. Too many rumors and not enough facts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    I think everyone lost in the pool, I don't think anyone had anything past this week picked. The longer they delay it I say the more apps will get submitted the first week. Everyone should be really polished by the time it opens.
    Does it matter when you submit the application? Please tell me it's not like med school apps where it's rolling and the sooner you apply the better your shot at the funds.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

ALS outranks BLS. Other than that same as last year unless you're wondering what gems related to ATVs will be hidden in this year's PG...

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Does it matter when you submit the application? Please tell me it's not like med school apps where it's rolling and the sooner you apply the better your shot at the funds.
    No, nothing is done until the whole app period is over.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Peer review has been delayed before. It is currently scheduled to open the first week of May and run for three weeks, but it may also be moved from Emmitsburg due to scheduling conflicts. It has to be posted, and guidance has to be out for 24 hrs prior to the application period opening.

My understanding is it WILL be moved from Emmitsburg, the bid has gone
    out for motels and meeting rooms in Baltimore.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1

FH Mag/.com Contributor

April 27- May 1, 2009 (1 week and up to 200 people); May 10-22, 2009 (2 weeks and up to 200 people); and July 27-30, 2009 (4 days and up to 60 people)
    Looks like FP&S, AFG, SAFER review periods to me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    As long as you have my grant polished, Brian my friend, thats all I care about...lol.

I am going to the NFA this fall(sept). Looking forward to it

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Almost done with it, no worries Mike.

Forum Member

Just received this email a few minutes ago from McKing, the contractor that coordinates and facilitates the Peer Review for FEMA:

Hello,

I have been receiving lots of phone calls and emails regarding location and dates of the AFG reviews. Unfortunately I have not heard anything from the Program Office as of today. There is a good chance that existing dates will be pushed. As you know the application period has not started yet.

I understand that many of you have busy lives and cannot afford waiting for the AFG schedule to come out.

Once I hear from the Program Office about the location and dates for AFG I will contact every single person. If you are available at that particular time – great, if not – we understand and hope to see you next time.

Have a nice day!

Looks like they are getting ready to drop back five, and punt! If they drastically change the Peer review dates, and they have a wild change-over in the Peers, than I would summize that "all bets are off" when it comes to depending upon consistancy with previous years peer review. Depending on how you've done in the past, that might be good or bad....
    Last edited by DFDCar1; 03-31-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

George S. Patton

MembersZone Subscriber

Just a quick bump... any idea on a date for applications? I just came from the website, and no documents on the 09 apps have been released yet.
    "The uniform you wear was given to you. The respect that comes with it must be earned."

Heretic
    Lieutenant
    Vermont

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Probably next Monday then. Not too much out there other than Guidelines still hadn't been approved.

Forum Member

It looks like they aren't planning on moving any time soon with the 2009's, as I received THIS, just this morning:

I am looking for 12 experienced AFG reviewers to review about 240+ AFG applications from 2008.

Dates: April 26 May 1, 2009

Location: TBD (right now everybody is flying into BWI airport).

We are reviewing FP&S grants at that time, so there will be only 3 tables for the remaining AFG applications.

I'm begining to think that waiting for the application period to OPEN is as nerve wracking as waiting for the awards!!!

George S. Patton

FH Mag/.com Contributor

How in the heck they expect those 240 to plan for 2009 with 2008 undecided? Nice to still be in consideration but why wouldn't the scores speak for themselves on these apps if there is money left.

Forum Member

Looks like review may get pushed back to June at this rate.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

As long as they start slinging the awards like they did in 2006 to get things moving right along 'tis all good.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfire View Post
    I just herd that the Application period wont open until April 13th
    i find this hard to believe can anyone confirm or deny
    Looks like its getting a lot easier to believe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DFDCar1 View Post
    It looks like they aren't planning on moving any time soon with the 2009's, as I received THIS, just this morning:

I am looking for 12 experienced AFG reviewers to review about 240+ AFG applications from 2008.

Dates: April 26 May 1, 2009

Location: TBD (right now everybody is flying into BWI airport).

We are reviewing FP&S grants at that time, so there will be only 3 tables for the remaining AFG applications.

I'm begining to think that waiting for the application period to OPEN is as nerve wracking as waiting for the awards!!!
    Now, this cries out...

Is this to review apps that got the DJ in the last round that said "If we have funds available" or just the regular DJ's, or is it something else?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

"Enquiring minds want to know..."

Luckily I don't drink anymore. I mean any more. But especially not any less...

Forum Member

My wife heard me muttering aloud this morning "Where's the guidance?!?" when I checked to see if it had been posted.

I guess it reminded her of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

Maybe a few of us should get together and make a commercial....

George S. Patton

Thread Information