Forum Member

Default Closeout question(s)

Hi All-

I working on my closeout for last year and came across 2 questions that I could use a little help with...

1. The description area is asking for individual items that are $5,000.00 or over. I got SCBA's that were $5,245.00 each, but that was a package price, the individual items (pack, mask, voice amp, bottles) all add up to the total. Do I count the entire package as an item and record it, or do I count each piece as seperate (and thus under 5k)??

2. We used 'supplemental' money and added to our project, but went over the funds given to us (we used FD money to complete the project) When I total the whole thing up, do I 'adjust' the figures to equal the FEMA funds, or do I show it all (and if so, how & where do I explain it?)

This is my first expierence with 'going over' so I'm a little confused what to do. Figured someone out there can help guide me... Thanks in advance.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medic190 View Post
    Hi All-

I working on my closeout for last year and came across 2 questions that I could use a little help with...

1. The description area is asking for individual items that are $5,000.00 or over. I got SCBA's that were $5,245.00 each, but that was a package price, the individual items (pack, mask, voice amp, bottles) all add up to the total. Do I count the entire package as an item and record it, or do I count each piece as seperate (and thus under 5k)??

2. We used 'supplemental' money and added to our project, but went over the funds given to us (we used FD money to complete the project) When I total the whole thing up, do I 'adjust' the figures to equal the FEMA funds, or do I show it all (and if so, how & where do I explain it?)

This is my first expierence with 'going over' so I'm a little confused what to do. Figured someone out there can help guide me... Thanks in advance.
    1) It depends on how it was billed out. If the SCBA were billed out as $5,250 each then that question applies. If each component was billed out seperately, then you do not have to (individual components shown in the details section this way).

2) You want to show all the funds expended on the project including anything that the department pays over and beyond the requirement. This will be shown in the details section. In the narrative, just explain that the department picked up the overages.

Forum Member

That was the way I was looking at it but wanted a second opinion. Yup, they were billed each item individually, and that's how I had it in there, just hadn't hit submit yet... Thanks again!

Forum Member

apparently we still have a grant from 2006 that has not been closed out... this is my first time so what do i need and what do i need to do... called the help desk today and got no where!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Sidizzle1129 View Post
    apparently we still have a grant from 2006 that has not been closed out... this is my first time so what do i need and what do i need to do... called the help desk today and got no where!
    To complete the closeout report you will need copies of the invoices that were paid and any interest earned on the funds that were requested.

Log into your application and go to the drop down menu for the "Action" box. Click on "Close Out Grant" where there are 6 parts to fill out (some will not be applicable depending costs etc.) The reports are:

Final Performance Report

Report Cover Page (required)
    Report Narrative (required)
    Request Details Information (required)
    Equipment Inventory (required if an item(s) cost $5,000 or greater)
    Residual Supplies Inventory (usually N/A)
    Final Financial Status Report
    FF 20-10 (required)

Thread Information