MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Sometimes Ya Just Gotta Smile

And shake yer head and utter the mumbled "Uhuh....."

Ohio man charged with drunken driving on bar stool

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 (03-31) 18:10 PDT Newark, Ohio (AP)

Authorities in Ohio say a man has been charged with drunken driving after crashing his motorized bar stool. Police in Newark, 30 miles east of Columbus, say when they responded to a report of a crash with injuries on March 4, they found a man who had wrecked a bar stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower.

Twenty-eight-year Kile Wygle was hospitalized for minor injuries. Police say he was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated after he told an officer at the hospital that he had consumed 15 beers. Wygle told police his motorized bar stool can go up to 38 mph.

Wygle has pleaded not guilty and has requested a jury trial.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Badgerland FOOL

I believe that's what you would call job security...
    EGH-FTM-PTB-DPT

MembersZone Subscriber

Its a wonder that there were no further injuries reported from either LEO or fire/medic response teams.

As they fell over onto the curb in laughter.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Badgerland FOOL

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Its a wonder that there were no further injuries reported from either LEO or fire/medic response teams.

As they fell over onto the curb in laughter.
    That would be a tough one to explain on a worker's comp claim.
    EGH-FTM-PTB-DPT

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah...............

"Calling Dr. Darwin, Calling Dr. Darwin....... Please report to the Forums...."

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

55 Years & Still Rolling

Question Well...........

And shake yer head and utter the mumbled "Uhuh....."

Ohio man charged with drunken driving on bar stool

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 (03-31) 18:10 PDT Newark, Ohio (AP)

Authorities in Ohio say a man has been charged with drunken driving after crashing his motorized bar stool. Police in Newark, 30 miles east of Columbus, say when they responded to a report of a crash with injuries on March 4, they found a man who had wrecked a bar stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower.

Twenty-eight-year Kile Wygle was hospitalized for minor injuries. Police say he was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated after he told an officer at the hospital that he had consumed 15 beers. Wygle told police his motorized bar stool can go up to 38 mph.

Wygle has pleaded not guilty and has requested a jury trial.

Hey Jake, Josh, Steamer, Anyone in Ohio??............ Is this thing a "Vehicle" under Ohio Law?? Here in Maryland, the Lawyers would be having a peeing contest with the State Motor Vehicle Dept.......
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Y'all know that the case will get thrown out of court.
    The police were stopping everybody driving down that particular sidewalk and that's profiling.Profiling is wrong,my friends and neighbors.

Forum Member

I wonder what kind of mileage he gets

55 Years & Still Rolling

Talking Hmmmm.............

Quote Originally Posted by len1582 View Post
    I wonder what kind of mileage he gets

Gas or Booze??..............
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Well, it's not an entirely usafe vehicle...........He did put a wheelie bar on it.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Then all he needs are some rollerblade elbow pads and a helmet with the spike on the top (no chin strap attached) to complete the ensemble. I am upset that he hasn't "engineered" a place for his cooler full of PBR on this though. Perhaps next years model...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RoaddoggAK View Post
    Then all he needs are some rollerblade elbow pads and a helmet with the spike on the top (no chin strap attached) to complete the ensemble. I am upset that he hasn't "engineered" a place for his cooler full of PBR on this though. Perhaps next years model...
    Gotta leave room for upgrades and modifications.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoaddoggAK View Post
    Safety schmafety.
    I used to cross the street without an eggshell bicycle helmet and in fact RODE my bike without one as well.
    We didn't have those bikes that you could do wheelie stands on.I rode a Schwinn with Easy Ride handlebars,a bananna seat and no trick accesories.My brother had to hang on with two toes on a lug nut.
    If we tried any of the stunts you see kids doing today,we'd probably have ended up with a scrotum sac on the reflector.

MembersZone Subscriber

"If we tried any of the stunts you see kids doing today,we'd probably have ended up with a scrotum sac on the reflector."

Now that'll teach ya....

I totally agree, you can't sneeze today without some good for nothing come up to you and making sure that you didn't give your self a hernia. Next thing you know, they'll be telling you to drop your drawers and turn and cough. But this comes from the same type of people that are telling us the bovine flatulence is helping cause global warming...

MembersZone Subscriber

If we tried any of the stunts you see kids doing today,we'd probably have ended up with a scrotum sac on the reflector.
    HAHAHAAAA. That did almost happen to me when I was about 10 years old. There was this track (the width of the wheel) down a steep sandy embankment. At about the 1/2 mark, the track went from straight 90 degree down to a turn to the right which brought you to about a 30 degree descent to the bottom. The entire thing was maybe 100 feet long, but the real problem was making the turn, which you REALLY WANTED TO DO. At the bottom it "leveled out" (?) into a huge field. Unfortunately the field was not very level, with something similar to very low rolling bumps.

If you made the 20 degree turn, you were fine because you would exit the hill and be riding parallel to the bumps. Failure to make the turn (as I did ONCE) would result in a spectacular crash.

Because I was trying to make the turn, the front wheel was turned to the right when I hit the first mogol (for lack of better description). Thats when things got real interesting. The bike and I did two complete cartwheels before I finally had sense (?) enough to let go of the handle bars. We parted ways but not before I went over the handle bars. Somethings that should not be scratched got scratches that I found out about later while in the shower........

Oh ya... we did not have helmets or knee/elbow pads back then either.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

Somethings that should not be scratched got scratches that I found out about later while in the shower........
    May I speak for all the men of this board and simply say........OUCH!

Oh ya... we did not have helmets or knee/elbow pads back then either.
    I could not care less about the knee or elbow pads. I still ride my mountain bikes and I won't do it without a helmet. My wife and I both work in medicine and have seen way too many traumatic brain injuries and the lifelong changes that result from them. I will say that helmets for kids ought to be the rule - simply because they do not know better. Just as seat belts in cars for kids only. If an adult chooses not to wear one, fine (although we are tehn stuck paying for their stupidity.) That being said, I rode bikes as a kid without a helmet too, and considering the bumps to the ol' brain housing group we all got it is amazing more of us aren't just drooling on ourselves.

I don't call for a nannystate either, but a helmet costs $25. A trip the ED in an ambulance $400+, ED CoPay is $100, head CT is $400, ED visit another several hundred. You already come out ahead with $25.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

You already come out ahead
    Come out a head, with your Head in one piece. hehehehee

Thread Information