1. #1
    Forum Member
    bharer75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Coast Pride!
    Posts
    352

    Default What does one TRILLION dollars look like? (This is Insane!)

    What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

    ...
    A hundred billion dollars...
    Eight hundred billion dollars...
    One TRILLION dollars...
    What does that look like? I mean, these various numbers are tossed around like so many doggie treats, so I thought I'd take Google Sketchup out for a test drive and try to get a sense of what exactly a trillion dollars looks like.
    We'll start with a $100 dollar bill. Currently the largest U.S. denomination in general circulation. Most everyone has seen them, slighty fewer have owned them. Guaranteed to make friends wherever they go.

    A packet of one hundred $100 bills is less than 1/2" thick and contains $10,000. Fits in your pocket easily and is more than enough for week or two of shamefully decadent fun.

    Believe it or not, this next little pile is $1 million dollars (100 packets of $10,000). You could stuff that into a grocery bag and walk around with it.

    While a measly $1 million looked a little unimpressive, $100 million is a little more respectable. It fits neatly on a standard pallet...

    And $1 BILLION dollars... now we're really getting somewhere...

    Next we'll look at ONE TRILLION dollars. This is that number we've been hearing about so much. What is a trillion dollars? Well, it's a million million. It's a thousand billion. It's a one followed by 12 zeros.
    You ready for this?
    It's pretty surprising.
    Go ahead...
    Scroll down...
    Ladies and gentlemen... I give you $1 trillion dollars...

    (And notice those pallets are double stacked.)
    So the next time you hear someone toss around the phrase "trillion dollars"... that's what they're talking about.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    What does one TRILLION dollars look like?
    Three of those trillion dollar photos is the price of the Iraq War.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Three of those trillion dollar photos is the price of the Iraq War.
    And in the past 2.5 months, Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress just added half that amount to our national debt.

    Your point being what?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  4. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Think about this. If you lived to be 100, you would live a total of 36,500 days.
    To spend $1 billion you would have to spend $27,397 per day. So for a Trillion dollars you would need to spend 27 million dollars a day.

    It is scary when the government leadership throws those terms around like it was pocket change.

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Three of those trillion dollar photos is the price of the Iraq War.
    Funny you should say that. I wrote a letter to the editor of a very liberal news paper (The Times Union), and they called me out on it. Asked me where I came up with the 3 trillion dollar number. As it turns out there are many different numbers. The real number is more like $500 Billion. But hey, let us not stop at Iraq. How much have we spent in Afghanistan, The Balkans, Germany, and Japan. Let's put the number into perspective.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Think about this. If you lived to be 100, you would live a total of 36,500 days.
    To spend $1 billion you would have to spend $27,397 per day. So for a Trillion dollars you would need to spend 27 million dollars a day.

    It is scary when the government leadership throws those terms around like it was pocket change.
    And what's your point? The monies aren't allocated to one person.


    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Funny you should say that. I wrote a letter to the editor of a very liberal news paper (The Times Union), and they called me out on it. Asked me where I came up with the 3 trillion dollar number. As it turns out there are many different numbers. The real number is more like $500 Billion. But hey, let us not stop at Iraq. How much have we spent in Afghanistan, The Balkans, Germany, and Japan. Let's put the number into perspective.
    Maybe the editor didn't have time to jerk you off. And who could blame him? Here's one link that details the cost is estimated to be $1.6T at the end of 2009. It's anticipated we will be in Iraq for a minimum of three more years. Current allocations to the Iraq war are already in excess of $600B so your figure is your typically stupid nonsense. One last point numbnuts. Americans were told that oil revenues would pay for the war and not impact the taxpayer. A point that is conveniently forgotten by the Bush supporters.

    I doubt the amounts spent in any of the other areas even come close. The effort in Iraq has received the lion's share of the resources and effort. Your continued stupidity continues to rear its ugly head.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-02-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Here's one link that details the cost is estimated to be $1.6T at the end of 2009.
    Wait, I thought you said it was $3 trillion?
    And now you resort to rolling the cost of a war in another county to pad your still incorrect figure. Were you lying then, or are you lying now?

    Just two months ago you said...
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Current allocations to the Iraq war are already in excess of $600B so your figure is your typically stupid nonsense.
    Nothing is more stupid than one who boasts a grossly exaggerated figure, then posts a link that contradicts his own libtarded statements.

    Hey, let us all know when this reaches $3,000,000,000,000.00.
    Last edited by txgp17; 09-07-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    mod: please delete this message
    thank you

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Wait, I thought you said it was $3 trillion?
    I said it was 'A' figure, not 'THE' figure. I did a quick Google search and found that link to be most accessible to prove my point. But since you're so interested in being thorough, here's one that makes the $3T claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Were you lying then, or are you lying now?Nothing is more stupid than one who boasts a grossly exaggerated figure, then posts a link that contradicts his own genius statements.
    Wasn't lying in either case. You're just so desperate for "gotcha" moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Americans were also told that the war would make America safer from Terrorist attacks. Almost 8 years of safety substantiates that statement. A point that is conveniently forgotten by the libtards.
    At no cost. That was the point of this thread. To give folks a perspective on the value of a trillion dollars. Prove to all of us that the war in Iraq has resulted in making America safer from terrorist attacks.

    Hey moonbat, how is the Obama "isn't a natural born citizen" argument going? Didn't you mention Col. Hollister in another thread. His case just got laughed out of court about two weeks ago.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  10. #10
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Carmel Delights are my favorite Girl Scout cookie. What yours?

  11. #11
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lexfd5 View Post
    Carmel Delights are my favorite Girl Scout cookie. What yours?
    Thin mints. However, what's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    bharer75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Coast Pride!
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Thin mints. However, what's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    hmmm good question.. how about an interesting post about lots of money.. how does that turn into a political debate.

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Some people say they prefer their cucumbers pickled.

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I said it was 'A' figure, not 'THE' figure.
    You said, $3 trillion "is the price of the Iraq War." I don't see anywhere in your post where you mention that it's an estimate, or a ballpark figure, or one of many possible answers in a multiple choice test.

    Maybe you'll take a page from the playbook and your idol Bill Clinton and tell us that the answer is contingent of what the definition of "is" is.

    But go ahead an back pedal a little more. The entertainment value is priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Wasn't lying in either case.
    Holy crap Pinocchio, in one post you say it's $3Tril, in your very next post you claim it's "in excess of $600B", and you even admit that the $1.6T figure is but an estimate by the end of this year. Besides defining what "is" means, you also need lessons in what "lying" is too.

    Then you have the hypocritical audacity to berate ScareCrow57 from posting a number that is far more accurate than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You're just so desperate for "gotcha" moment.
    I'm not desperate, but who can pass them by when you offer up so many with each click the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Prove to all of us that the war in Iraq has resulted in making America safer from terrorist attacks.
    Simple, we haven't had anymore terrorist attacks on US soil. Plus the untold numbers of terrorists and anti-American Islamic Radicals that we've put 6' under since our men have been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Hey moonbat, how is the Obama "isn't a natural born citizen" argument going?
    Still no proof that he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Didn't you mention Col. Hollister in another thread. His case just got laughed out of court about two weeks ago.
    What do you mean? Be more specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    how does that turn into a political debate.
    Because this site if frequented by a libtard who injected bad information about the Iraq war in a failed attempt to relate it to the original post. And his sole purpose in these forums is to spread misinformation to further his liberal socialist dogma.
    Last edited by txgp17; 04-02-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Thin mints. However, what's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    thin mints are definitely best!

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,584

    Default

    Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187
    Thin mints. However, what's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    You said, $3 trillion "is the price of the Iraq War." I don't see anywhere in your post where you mention that it's an estimate, or a ballpark figure, or one of many possible answers in a multiple choice test.
    And that matters how exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Maybe you'll take a page from the playbook and your idol Bill Clinton and tell us that the answer is contingent of what the definition of "is" is.
    Can't stop thinking of Clinton's crotch. Poor thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    But go ahead an back pedal a little more. The entertainment value is priceless.Holy crap Pinocchio, in one post you say it's $3Tril, in your very next post you claim it's "in excess of $600B", and you even admit that the $1.6T figure is but an estimate by the end of this year. Besides defining what "is" means, you also need lessons in what "lying" is too.
    Poor thing. No wonder your so angry. Did you get your Maypo this morning?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Then you have the hypocritical audacity to berate ScareCrow57 from posting a number that is far more accurate than yours.
    Not really.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    I'm not desperate, but who can pass them by when you offer up so many with each click.
    Yes you are. You are funny in your feeble attempt at "gotcha" moments.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Simple, we haven't had anymore terrorist attacks on US soil. Plus the untold numbers of terrorists and anti-American Islamic Radicals that we've put 6' under since our men have been there.
    Really? That's your proof? I bought an elephant gun to protect me from elephants once. It must have worked since I never saw any elephants near my house.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Still no proof that he is.
    Only to moonbats like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    What do you mean? Be more specific.
    Maybe it wasn't you who claimed to know AF Col. Hollister as a good friend and Georgetown attorney. Maybe it was another moonbat on this forum who deperately clings to the notion that Obama isn't a natural born citizen. I lose track given the moonbats like you far outnumber me.

    Col. Hollister (ret.) filed a suit claiming that he could be recalled to active duty by Obama and he questions whether or not it would be a lawful order given his belief that Obama isn't a "natural born citizen" and is therefore not qualified to CinC. His suit was just laughed out of court last March. Much like all the other suits being brought by your fellow moonbats regarding this issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Because this site if frequented by a libtard who injected bad information about the Iraq war in a failed attempt to relate it to the original post.
    Just trying to give perspective on how much things cost.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    And his sole purpose in these forums is to spread misinformation to further his liberal socialist dogma.
    Blah blah blah. This means so much coming from someone who lives in a state that receives far more in federal tax funds than it pays.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-03-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187
    What do you mean? An African or European swallow?


    Well you have to know these things when you're a king you know.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And that matters how exactly?
    It matters that the dribble you attempt is pass off as fact is actually fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Not really.
    Revisionism.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yes you are. You are funny in your feeble attempt at "gotcha" moments.
    The desperate part about it is choosing which of your libtarded bubbles to bust next.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Really? That's your proof?
    Do you have a better method to measure anti-terrorism effectiveness? I didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Only to moonbats like you.
    You've still not provided a source to any AHJ stating that BHO is a natural born citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Maybe it wasn't you who claimed to know AF Col. Hollister as a good friend and Georgetown attorney.
    Stop the presses libtard. Once again you try to put words in other peoples mouths. You lie so much that you can't even tell which ones you've told. Show me where I ever stated that I knew Hollister, ever met Hollister, or that he was an attorney. The search function is available to everyone. Are you too stupid to use it, or are you telling more lies?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    His suit was just laughed out of court last March
    Laughed out of court is not a legal term. Be more specific dipstick.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Just trying to give perspective on how much things cost.
    By spreading false information.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Blah blah blah. This means so much coming from someone who lives in a state that receives far more in federal tax funds than it pays.
    What's that got to do with anything in this thread? Your assertion here is that everyone from NC is a socialist because THE STATE OF NC receives more money than THE CITIZENS pay, and it absolutely absurd. I didn't ask for an interstate transfer of funds, and no one asked my opinion before it was done. You whine about that fact yet you push socialism in these forums at every post. Is every joint in your body double jointed, or just your mandible?

    All you do in these forums is spread hatred and misinformation against Republicans and Conservatives, mixed in with elitist statements and condescending remarks about people's geography or their choices in life.

    Just look at the threads you've posted in since you've been here. Most firefighters, especially retired ones, at least make an attempt to share their knowledge. I don't recall seeing you give advice on forcible entry or ventilation techniques. Nothing on water supplies. Never have I seen a post on pumping techniques or fire control or prevention methods. That's a sad state of affair for someone with such a high post count.

    Do you not have any to share or do you not care? Did you work a full career or just your 1st year over and over until you were eligible for retirement?

    You are a sad frail bitter man who's been emotionally scared by a Republican somewhere in your lifetime. Did a Republican screw your sister or prom date? Maybe a Republican killed your hamster, or beat you out for lead flute on the high school marching band.

    Whatever it is, either get over it, or get some therapy. If it's not covered in your retirement health plan, just ask your rich wife to pay out of pocket. But for you own sake, get some help.
    Last edited by txgp17; 04-03-2009 at 02:33 AM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  20. #20
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    It matters that the dribble you attempt is pass off as fact is actually

    fiction.
    I posted two links that substantiate the incorrectness of idiotboy's claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Revisionism.
    Yawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    The desperate part about it is choosing which of your libtarded

    bubbles to bust next.
    You admit to being desperate. It's not like you were keeping a secret.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Do you have a better method to measure anti-terrorism

    effectiveness?
    Just pointing out how ridiculousness of your method.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    You've still not provided a source to any AHJ stating that BHO is a

    natural born citizen.
    COLB authenticated by the State of Hawaii.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Stop the presses libtard. Once again you try to put words in other

    peoples mouths. You lie so much that you can't even tell which ones you've told.

    Show me where I ever stated that I knew Hollister, ever met Hollister, or that he was an

    attorney. The search function is available to everyone. Are you too stupid to use it, or

    are you telling more lies?
    I said maybe it wasn't you. Right here you stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Actually, I got a lot of info on this matter from a former Army Medevac Pilot from the Vietnam War who, after being Honorably Discharged, went on to become a practicing Heart Surgeon, and after retiring from that, earned his Juris Doctorate from Georgetown University School of Law to further his fight to preserve civil liberties and our Constitution. So keep right on attacking the messenger.
    If your friend buys into the notion of Obama not being a "natural born citizen" he may want to consider getting his money back.


    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Laughed out of court is not a legal term. Be more specific dipstick.
    It may not be a legal term. But anyone whose been involved in legal proceedings knows

    its meaning. I guess that doesn't include you.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    By spreading false information.
    Not really.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    What's that got to do with anything in this thread? Your assertion here is that everyone

    from NC is a socialist because THE STATE OF NC receives more money than

    THE CITIZENS pay, and it absolutely absurd. I didn't ask for an interstate

    transfer of funds, and no one asked my opinion before it was done. You whine about

    that fact yet you push socialism in these forums at every post. Is every joint in your

    body double jointed, or just your mandible?
    Not everyone. Just those who claim that taxation is illegal or bad while either living off government or deriving their existence from government. Especially when they criticize areas like CA who subsidize states like NC.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    All you do in these forums is spread hatred and misinformation against Republicans and

    Conservatives, mixed in with elitist statements and condescending remarks about

    people's geography or their choices in life.
    Not really. Just you.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Just look at the threads you've posted in since you've been here. Most firefighters,

    especially retired ones, at least make an attempt to share their knowledge. I don't

    recall seeing you give advice on forcible entry or ventilation techniques. Nothing on

    water supplies. Never have I seen a post on pumping techniques or fire control or

    prevention methods. That's a sad state of affair for someone with such a high post

    count.
    Okay. Force entry. Get a bigger hammer. Or a rotary saw. Ventilation. Ladder two sides of the building, sound the roof. Cut your hole so the last cut is nearest the ladder. If the smoke is charging out, the hole isn't big enough and make it larger. Tactics. Rule of thumb, attack from the unburned to the burned.

    Anything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Do you not have any to share or do you not care? Did you work a full career or just

    your 1st year over and over until you were eligible for retirement?
    Did your mom have any children that lived?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    You are a sad frail bitter man who's been emotionally scared by a Republican

    somewhere in your lifetime. Did a Republican screw your sister or prom date? Maybe a

    Republican killed your hamster, or beat you out for lead flute on the high school

    marching band.
    No. How about you and liberals? Did a liberal steel away your dreamboy?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Whatever it is, either get over it, or get some therapy. If it's not covered in your

    retirement health plan, just ask your rich wife to pay out of pocket. But for you own

    sake, get some help.
    There's a reason why you weren't able to go to med school.

    I do enjoy how you believe your impugning my masculinity by attacking my wife's income. Sorry the cousin you married didn't amount to much. I guess you didn't have many choices in the trailer park. Did you?

    Should I have married an idiot underachiever like you did moonbat? Would that make me as manly as you?
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-03-2009 at 10:08 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  21. #21
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And what's your point? The monies aren't allocated to one person.



    Maybe the editor didn't have time to jerk you off. And who could blame him? Here's one link that details the cost is estimated to be $1.6T at the end of 2009. It's anticipated we will be in Iraq for a minimum of three more years. Current allocations to the Iraq war are already in excess of $600B so your figure is your typically stupid nonsense. One last point numbnuts. Americans were told that oil revenues would pay for the war and not impact the taxpayer. A point that is conveniently forgotten by the Bush supporters.

    I doubt the amounts spent in any of the other areas even come close. The effort in Iraq has received the lion's share of the resources and effort. Your continued stupidity continues to rear its ugly head.
    And here is a non partisan site saying it is $659 billion Cost of War

    And here is a NY Times article siting the Pentagon as a source puttin gthe number around $600 billion so far Estimates of Iraq War Cost Were Not Close to Ballpark

    Americans have been told a lot of things from pour politicians that never come true. We were also told the stimulus bill would be available for 72 hours on-line before it was signed. That never happened either. You really are clueless.

  22. #22
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I said it was 'A' figure, not 'THE' figure. I did a quick Google search and found that link to be most accessible to prove my point. But since you're so interested in being thorough, here's one that makes the $3T claim.


    Wasn't lying in either case. You're just so desperate for "gotcha" moment.


    At no cost. That was the point of this thread. To give folks a perspective on the value of a trillion dollars. Prove to all of us that the war in Iraq has resulted in making America safer from terrorist attacks.

    Hey moonbat, how is the Obama "isn't a natural born citizen" argument going? Didn't you mention Col. Hollister in another thread. His case just got laughed out of court about two weeks ago.
    The book you refer to is The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict by Linda Bilmes (Author), Joseph Stiglitz (Author). The authors are thought to be anti-war and are very liberal, Hence the inflated figure. Although the excerpts you can find are interesting. They do however fail to put it in perspective by relating the total cost of other occupations like Germany and the Balkans. It is sort of like saying the total cost of operating my car for a year is $10,000. Means nothing if you don't know what the typical cost is.

  23. #23
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I posted two links that substantiate the incorrectness of idiotboy's claim.


    Yawn.


    You admit to being desperate. It's not like you were keeping a secret.


    Just pointing out how ridiculousness of your method.


    COLB authenticated by the State of Hawaii.


    I said maybe it wasn't you. Right here you stated:


    If your friend buys into the notion of Obama not being a "natural born citizen" he may want to consider getting his money back.



    It may not be a legal term. But anyone whose been involved in legal proceedings knows

    its meaning. I guess that doesn't include you.


    Not really.


    Not everyone. Just those who claim that taxation is illegal or bad while either living off government or deriving their existence from government. Especially when they criticize areas like CA who subsidize states like NC.


    Not really. Just you.


    Okay. Force entry. Get a bigger hammer. Or a rotary saw. Ventilation. Ladder two sides of the building, sound the roof. Cut your hole so the last cut is nearest the ladder. If the smoke is charging out, the hole isn't big enough and make it larger. Tactics. Rule of thumb, attack from the unburned to the burned.

    Anything else?


    Did your mom have any children that lived?


    No. How about you and liberals? Did a liberal steel away your dreamboy?


    There's a reason why you weren't able to go to med school.

    I do enjoy how you believe your impugning my masculinity by attacking my wife's income. Sorry the cousin you married didn't amount to much. I guess you didn't have many choices in the trailer park. Did you?
    Man, faced with fact and reality you are really spinning. I busted a gut laughing so freaking hard.

    BTW, the Thin Mints are best.

  24. #24
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    The book you refer to is The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict by Linda Bilmes (Author), Joseph Stiglitz (Author). The authors are thought to be anti-war and are very liberal, Hence the inflated figure. Although the excerpts you can find are interesting. They do however fail to put it in perspective by relating the total cost of other occupations like Germany and the Balkans. It is sort of like saying the total cost of operating my car for a year is $10,000. Means nothing if you don't know what the typical cost is.
    The reason they don't point out the cost of other wars is the belief this particular conflict wasn't necessary. One might argue that point with other occupations as well, but Iraq is the subject. You must have ADD, you continually try to drag the cost of other wars into comparison to this one. You keep forgetting the Bush Administration was telling us that oil revenues would pay for this war and it wouldn't cost the taxpayer. An ordinary idiot would know that difference in a heartbeat. That must mean you're extraordinary. So what's your point about inflated costs again considering the cost of this war underinflated by its supporters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Man, faced with fact and reality you are really spinning. I busted a gut laughing so freaking hard.

    BTW, the Thin Mints are best.
    Of course you did. Stupid people laugh at things they don't understand. Don't tell me you also believe Obama isn't a legitimate President. Maybe you do.

    Look at the bright side. You found a buddy on these boards. Idiotboy and moonbat. More like Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Which one of you is dumb?
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-03-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  25. #25
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    And here is a non partisan site saying it is $659 billion Cost of War
    Really? Just a couple of post earlier you stated the cost of the War was only $500B.

    According to moonbat that makes you a liar.

    You're right. Politicians do say a lot of things. This error was a bit costly in both human and financial terms.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. This Is Insane
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Sports Exchange
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 09:29 AM
  2. Robbie Maddison's insane New Years Jump!
    By snowball in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. Insane video
    By 38ffems in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:04 PM
  4. insane IAFF Rule
    By FD 4 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register