Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Explorer National Conventions

Are there any large Fire Explorer gatherings or conventions around the states? I've heard of cop and sheriff explorers having them

why would you need that?

Forum Member

Oh i've just heard of them for other kinds of explorers. Thought it would be kind of cool to meet with others and learn stuff.

Forum Member

Last one they had was in 2007. The National office usually sponsors one every other year. Due to liability/time/money issues, they cut it out for 2009. Certain states across the country do stuff for their posts in that specific state or invite everyone. Unfortunately, again, liability/time/money are issues. They are out there... I know New York has a few, California has a few, there's one in southern Ohio, and then there's the events that are generally confined to specific areas.

And yes, they are a benefit, bhare. At the last national event I was at in '07 at IFSI, I met a post from Anchorage... You don't get to do that every day. And there was a few things we had the chance to do at Nationals that we don't ever get to do around here.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    why would you need that?
    One thing that you will learn is that by attending events like this you will be able to meet tons of firefighters and explorers from all across the country. You will learn new ways of doing things and how other people do the same things you do but using a different method. I've met so many people at events like this and still stay in contact with them. If I ever have a question or idea I bounce if off these guys.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    One thing that you will learn is that by attending events like this you will be able to meet tons of firefighters and explorers from all across the country. You will learn new ways of doing things and how other people do the same things you do but using a different method. I've met so many people at events like this and still stay in contact with them. If I ever have a question or idea I bounce if off these guys.
    oh ok, so its kind of like firehouse world? and i didnt know FF's attended as well

Even if it was only explorers, what would be wrong with that?
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe MN still does stuff for them at the state fair on firefighter day. At least they did as of last year.

MembersZone Subscriber

theres the california fire explorers academy i went to two CFEA academys they are a week long usually around spring break. www.cfea.net
    www.wildlandfire.com
    Up To Date Wildland Fire Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    oh ok, so its kind of like firehouse world? and i didnt know FF's attended as well
    See my post... Maybe you missed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    And yes, they are a benefit, bhare. At the last national event I was at in '07 at IFSI, I met a post from Anchorage... You don't get to do that every day. And there was a few things we had the chance to do at Nationals that we don't ever get to do around here.
    The instructors at the National events generally come from all over the place... A few places that come to mind easily that I remember from IFSI include the Chicago FD, Austin TX, Fort Worth TX, Anchorage AK (firefighters and explorers from there), Miami-Dade FL, and the obvious Champaign IL. There's some big departments that supplied instructors for the Nationals that I had the chance to meet and talk to - not to mention the hundreds of other explorers we met from all over the country (from Boca Raton, Florida to California).

One of the main ideas of the Nationals is networking and giving us all a chance to see how other people/posts/departments do things.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Thread Information