jl
    Forum Member

Default Clark County, NV

Anyone have any idea how long this current Clark County NV list is for? How many going to this new round of psych tests this upcoming week? Any info would be appreciated...

jl
    Forum Member

Just bumping back up...

The current list has been longer than 2yrs (which is usually their limit). Supposedly budgets might make it last a bit longer.

So any new info, or any info at all??

MembersZone Subscriber

Just a FYI this straight from the website hope it helps

http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Apply/jobs.htm

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
    2010 Firefighter Recruitment Information
    Welcome and thank you for taking the time to consider Las Vegas Fire & Rescue as a career opportunity. We share your enthusiasm for the fire service. Built on tradition and dedicated to public service, our department contributes significantly to the quality of life and safety of our citizens.
    Given the amount of trust the public places on our profession, we always strive to hire the most suitable individuals as firefighters. We are committed to selecting the most prepared and competent individuals who will bring pride to our profession, strength to our department, and quality service to our community.
    In seeking top candidates, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue has developed a specialized and highly competitive recruitment process. We have addressed some of the most frequently asked questions about our recruitment process below.
    When will you be accepting firefighter applications?
    The Las Vegas Fire & Rescue offers a testing opportunity every two years, from which a list of prospective candidates is created and utilized for a two-year period.
    We will be accepting applications for firefighter trainee beginning 8:00 a.m. on September 28, 2009. The filing deadline for Firefighter Trainee applications is 4:30 p.m. on October 16, 2009.
    Where can I pick up an application?
    You can pick up an application in person, or you can download an application here. Human Resources is located on the 2nd floor of City Hall, 400 Stewart Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada on the corner of Stewart Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard. Please note that we only accept applications for Firefighter Trainee during the open recruitment period (see FAQ above).
    How will I send in my application?
    If you live in the local area you MUST deliver your application to Human Resources in person. Applicants who live outside of the local area may mail their application to City of Las Vegas, Human Resources, 400 Stewart Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Due to the large number of application received, we do not accept faxed applications for Firefighter Trainee. Your application must be received and time stamped by Human Resources within the application period. We do not use post marked dates in determining whether an application is timely.
    What are the minimum qualifications on the date of application?
    • High School Diploma or GED
    • Current Valid Driver’s License
    • Must be 18 years old.
    Last Update: March 2009
    Are there any other requirements?
    Yes. On the date of conditional job offer a candidate must have an EMT-Basic certification and must meet current physical condition requirements. You do not have to meet these requirements on the date of application.
    Does that have to be a Nevada EMT-Basic certification?
    No. Your EMT-Basic certification can be from any state. National Registry certification is also acceptable. Please note that any certification must be current and valid at the time of conditional job offer.
    What is your testing process?
    Those candidates that meet the minimum requirements are scheduled for a Written Examination. Those applicants who score 90% or better on the written examination are scheduled for the Candidate Physical Ability Test – CPAT. This is a pass/fail test. The links below provide more information about this test.
    Click here to see Video: Firefighter Candidate Physical Ability Test - Program Overview Click here to see Video: Firefighter Candidate Physical Ability Test - Candidate Instruction
    When will you give the written exam for this recruitment?
    The written exam will be held on January 12, 2010 at the Texas Station Convention Center located at:
    2101 Texas Star Lane
    North Las Vegas, NV 89032
    (702) 631-1000
    Can the written examination be taken at another time?
    No. All applicants must take the written examination as scheduled or wait until the next recruitment period.
    How do I study for the written exam?
    You can download the Fire & Police Selection, Inc. (FPSI) study guide here. This is the only study guide we recommend.
    What other information should I know about the written exam?
    • There is a fifteen-dollar ($15) administrative fee required at the time of the written exam (exact amount in CASH only).
    • The written exam process is estimated to last approximately three (3) hours.
    • You will receive your appointment time for the written exam by mail.
    • No adjustments will be made to accommodate candidates exam dates and times.
    When will you give the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)?
    Spring 2010.
    I recently passed the CPAT with another agency. May I use my passing score on the CPAT to avoid taking the CPAT with the City of Las Vegas?
    In lieu of taking the Candidate Physical Ability Test with the city of Las Vegas, the city of Las Vegas will accept a “Card of Completion” from the California Fire Fighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee (CFFJAC) CPAT Center dated no earlier than September 28, 2009. We do not recognize any other CPAT completion cards or letters.
    Is there more testing involved after the written exam and the CPAT?
    Yes. Candidates who pass the physical ability examination will move to the second phase of testing which is completed over a 4 – 5 month period. Candidates should note that these events are not pre-scheduled and candidates typically receive approximately 2 weeks, or less, notice of each event. The candidate’s personal schedule must be flexible during this phase.
    The department will select from the most qualified candidates during this period and make conditional job offers. Those candidates not selected initially, will remain on the list and may be considered for any future openings during the two year period. The testing for this second phase may consist of:
    • Oral Interview
    • Criminal & Personal Background Check
    • Suitability Assessment
    • Medical Exam (upon conditional job offer)
    I do not live in Las Vegas. May I still apply?
    Yes. Please note, however, that the selection process involves many steps. Out-of-state applicants should plan on at least 3 trips to Las Vegas to complete the entire process. All travel is at the applicant’s own expense.
    I am already a firefighter. Do I have to take the written exam?
    Yes. We do not have any lateral positions for firefighter. You will have to complete the entire testing process and complete the academy if selected.
    Is there a maximum age limit for applicants?
    No, but you do have to be 18 years of age to apply.
    Do I have to be a US citizen to apply?
    No. However, you must have the legal right to work in the United States.
    How many firefighters will you hire in the next recruitment period?
    The exact count is unknown. The number of people hired varies from year to year, depending on the number of employees retiring, employee turnover, and the number of new stations opened.
    What is the salary for firefighter trainee?
    The monthly salary for firefighter trainee while in the academy is approximately $3,593. The monthly salary for firefighter is approximately $4,178.
    How long is the firefighter trainee academy?
    The academy is approximately 16 weeks in length.
    EMT-Basic Training
    The city of Las Vegas does not provide Emergency Medical Technician – Basic training, nor do we endorse any training by any specific organization. As a courtesy, we are aware of three community organizations that provide this training and have provided their contact information below. You must contact the organization directly for further information.
    American Medical Response
    www.ncti-online.com (click on Las Vegas)
    College of Southern Nevada
    www.ccsn.edu/health (click on Emergency Medical Technician)
    EMS Training Center of Southern Nevada
    www.emstrainingcenter.com
    (702) 651-9111
    Community Information Seminars
    WENDESDAY
    May 27, 6 pm – 8 pm
    Las Vegas Fire Training Center
    633 North Mojave Road, 89101
    SATURDAY
    June 20, 12 Noon – 2pm
    City Hall Council Chambers
    400 Stewart Avenue, 89101
    THURSDAY
    July 23, 6 pm – 8pm
    Sahara West Library
    9600 West Sahara Avenue, 89117
    WEDNESDAY
    August 19, 6 pm – 8 pm
    West Charleston Library
    6301 West Charleston Boulevard, 89146
    Who can I contact for adult training assistance?
    The Las Vegas Clark County Library District offers Adult Reading Tutoring individually or in a group setting. For more information contract Sebastian Gonzalez, Computer Assisted Literacy in Libraries (C.A.L.L.) Program Coordinator at (702) 507-3532 or visit www.lvccld.org/cardsservices/call.cfm

Thread Information