Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default Politicing with stations

Hey I am new to the forum and have a question for all the cal fire guys and gals out their. I have recently interviewed with Humboldt/Del Norte unit and have scored a rank 1 with them. I know I need to go to the stations and politic with the station but that is not possible as I live far and and currently enrolled in a fire academy. So my question is would it be just as good to send the stations a copy of my resume and explain why I am not able to come visit the stations or would they just rather me not. And also if I could get any insight on what to write as a cover letter explaining why I am not able to make it. Thanks for any help it's much appreciated.

Forum Member

Im just a rookie but have done plenty of research. Im somewhat in your same position. From my experiences, if sending a letter, make it a short thank you. Theyre not so much going to remember your words, but your effort will count. Psychologically just seeing your name again couldnt hurt unless you give it reason to. In other words, dont say too much or that you live far away so you couldnt make it. That sounds like an excuse, although it is true. Good luck man!! Im waiting for a letter or call, hoping for the call.

Forum Member

Cool thanks. Also should I call them ahead of time and let them know I am sending my resume or just send the letter addressed to the station caption?

Forum Member

Call and speak to anyone who answers the phone, they will know where you should send it, make sure you have the right addy. If you have a contact name put; Attention to: and they'll get it. If not do like you said, Station Captain or On Duty Captain. I still havent heard for this season, hoping to any day. Good luck man!

Thread Information