MembersZone Subscriber

Default I hate when bad news comes in the mail

I got my letter back from a department that I was testing with. I went from being very high on the list to not passing the interview and now not being on the list. I was so close to having my dream come true.

Forum Member

Well at least now you know what you need to work on.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to work on anything anymore. There's always next time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Damn, that sucks. Who did you interview with, if you don't mind me asking?

MembersZone Subscriber

I was testing with Kennewick WA

MembersZone Subscriber

I was testing with Kennewick WA

Forum Member

Unfortunately I can relate, more than once. Keep your head up man. You'll get there, keep trying. That's what I keep on telling myself.

Forum Member

I know a guy that works there. Hmm... I do not have a favorable impression of Kennewick, because of him.. Interesting. Why would you want to work in Kennewick versus Spocompton or Seattle. Look out on the Kitsap penisula. I think they go through Bates Tech out there for testing, but some good departments out there. District 7 put my parents nieghbors house out once. While the nieghbor was standing on the roof with a garden hose. The BC stood in my yard smoking a ciggy and tried to recruit me, but that was 15 some odd years ago.
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action."

Forum Member

If you are going through PST try for Everett fire and the Consortium.
    -------------------

Failure is not an option!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    I got my letter back from a department that I was testing with. I went from being very high on the list to not passing the interview and now not being on the list. I was so close to having my dream come true.
    Do you have any advice to pass on? What do you think didn't go well with the interview?

I haven't had an interview yet so I am interested in any insight you can provide.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    I was hoping that I wouldn't have to work on anything anymore.
    If I may offer some advice: Tie that attitude to a brick and throw it in a lake.

MembersZone Subscriber

FortechFEO I've told myself that ill work anywhere in OR or WA. I've tested with Seattle twice and plan on testing with them again. Spokane doesn't work with my work and school schedule so I can't test. And I've done the Bates test and did not like the process. Its like the PST testing process which I don't think is a very good process also, but when your trying to get a fire job you can't be too picky

Skyline, there is nothing wrong with hopes and dreams. Yes I was hoping that my dream would come true, that doesn't mean I was waiting for someone to just come and offer the job to me. I know how hard you have to work for it. I've been testing for almost 3 years and close to 40 test. But thank you for the advice, ill take all that I can get

MembersZone Subscriber

I really suggest checking out the website www.eatstress.com this should help you alot with your interview section of the testing process. I got this program and it has a lot of good info and things you should know about the hiring process. Well good luck man i hope your dream comes true as it is my dream to and i will do just about anything to get hired on a department. Also you might want to think about open your horizons where you will go to get a job because the farther you are willing to travel to get a job the better chance you have. Hope this helps have a good day.

Thread Information