Question Wildland Boots size small/female

Hi all..I am at a standstill on trying to find boots that will fit me. I typically wear a child boys size 6. The stores that I have been to all say they do not carry anything smaller than size 7 for most boots. Any ideas or websites that might cater to a female boot. (A good female boot.) Or any stores/websites that might carry a smaller boys boot to fit me. I am a woman, but boys/mens shoes always feel more comfortable to me. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Smile Wildland boots

Hi.

Have you tried contacting some of the manufactures to get a custom boot? Try going to Whitesboots.com, Nicksboots.com and drewsboots.com and see if they can help you. They are not cheap but a good investment in taking care of your feet.

Good Luck

Smile Wildland boots

Hi.

Have you tried to contact any of the manufactures? You could try www.whitesboots.com, www.nicksboots.com or www.drewsboots.com. They are not cheap but a good investment in taking care of your feet.

Good Luck

Forum Member

Smile

Contact Nicks boots. Get a catalog or download a tracing sheet off the internet. Trace your foot and measure as it instructs you. Mail it to them. They will contact you and ask some questions. Probably send you a test pair of boots to try on and see how they fit. This may be out the window considering your size, but they custom make their boots for the foot. So far out of 5 pairs I have bought from them 4 of the test set have fit perfectly and I have kept them. The other pair fit well, but I decided to go with a higher boot. From a 10"-12" for a little more support. Their customer service is spot on in my book. The pair of drews I had fell apart at the toe box during the first couple months of the season. I was pretty disappointed, but happy to find out that Nick's does all of Drews rebuilds. Ended up getting back a better boot after the rebuild. I now alternate between three pairs of Nick's boots during the season. Just a small note. I had a crew member last year that wore a men's size two. Nick's made it happen for her.
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action."

Forum Member

If you are going to be in this business for any length of time, custom boots is the only way to go IMO. I have been using custom WESCO's for going on 10 years now, great customer service, great product. The nice thing about custom boots, is that once your measurements are on file and you haven't had a problem with the boots, all you need to do is call or write the company and give them a customer # and your credit card, and your new boots will be showing up at your door soon thereafter.

Good luck
    IACOJ
    Stopping controlled burning DOES NOT stop the burning, only the control!
    http://www.wy.blm.gov/fireuse/fums.htm

Thread Information