MembersZone Subscriber

Default Funding Caps on Hose??

I am writing a grant for fire hose. Does anyone know of any funding caps on hose for the particular diameters. I have prices but they are all over the place from vendor to vendor and type.

On another note the queston regarding your average operating budget over the past three years......this is your average budget minus personnel costs correct?

MembersZone Subscriber

I suggest using prices at edarley.com for FG $ (certainly not for actually purchasing). All prices are full mfg. That is much higher than you can buy from with your local vendors (who likely may have better quality hose or equipment).

If DHS thinks this is too high they will cut it. Then either accept their # or get your quotes in and appeal their #.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wtfd2940 View Post
    On another note the queston regarding your average operating budget over the past three years......this is your average budget minus personnel costs correct?
    Personnel costs would be part of your budget. The follow up question asks how much of your budget is dedicated to those costs.

MembersZone Subscriber

I asked the question before and I will ask it again. Does anyone know the funding caps for hose? I looked at the Darley site and got some pricing there. One thing I have noticed is that there is a large variation in pricing between different types of hose. I have gotten a price for better hose that is double what I got on another brand. I don't want to ask for too much and hurt my chances. With PPE it was kind of well known what the cap was. I have never heard anyone say anything about hose. Anyone know?

Thread Information