MembersZone Subscriber

20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

Default Application Questions

I am about 90% thru my O&P app. and come up with several questions. Most I have figured out but one that I am still unsure of is under call volume. Several times last year we were put on standby at our station while other fire departments where on calls. We did not actually respond to the calls but waited at our station incase we were needed. I am thinking these calls should go uner mutual aid given but can anybody clarify for me?

MembersZone Subscriber

I also have questions on the call volumes/categories. MY thinking is that the total should equal the number of times the pager went off. If I am sent to a house fire and it is not burning or we get recalled enroute, does that call not get credited on the application?
    We also do all of the engine work for our neighboring fire district. They respond with the ladder and a four man career staff. Nothing else comes out of that house. As I read the instructions because we are going into another district, none of those calls would be counted. I want to replace a ten year old TIC. If I don't count all of the runs, the cost/benefit ratio doesn't look so good.

MembersZone Subscriber

20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

Decou151

Click on the help tabs next to each catagorie they give u samples on that catagorie example structure fires- includes cooking fires,chimney fires, and trash and rubbish fires that spread to a structure(s).

I think your "engine work" will fall under mutual aid given. but that is a good question on whether we count mutual aid calls in our call volume for cost /benefit.

I do not know the answer for this! Anybody else out there!!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

If the call is in their district, it's mutual aid given only.

If you have a fire in your district and invite someone it is in the breakdown as well as in the mutual aid received.

so decou, every call you run into their area is not a fire for you, just mutual aid given. And if you are dispatch and recalled that's a false alarm call.

Thread Information