Thread: Past officers

Forum Member

Default Past officers

Does anyone do anything for the past chief or captain when they step down from his/her office. Do they get past officer uniform apparel? Just a different and new topic to put out there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EXPCHIEF5E18 View Post
    Does anyone do anything for the past chief or captain when they step down from his/her office. Do they get past officer uniform apparel? Just a different and new topic to put out there.
    Not sure exactly what you're asking, but if I'm interpretering you correctly, you're asking what's done when the officer of a post steps down. And...well I have some experience.

I was Deputy Chief of my post (highest position an explorer could hold, chief was our advisor) for 2 and a half years. I had to step down in the middle of my 3rd term. This was because another department had hired me and their academy fell on our meeting nights. So, once it was confirmed I was going to the academy, I met with my advisor, told him about it in advance. We sat down, made the decision of what captain we would promote to fill my spot, which lieutenant to fill the captain's spot, and what explorer would be promoted to Lt.

Then, two meetings before I had to leave, I made my announcement. Everything went smoothly, got all the officers promoted and put in their positions before I left. Then I went to the academy for 6 months and the first meeting I could, I came back to the post as a co-advisor.

But more to your question, I kept all my post apparel. T-Shirts, collared shirts, everything. This is because from the beginning, I hadt he plan to come back as an advisor and I knew I would need it .

Forum Member

At our installation dinner we present the outgoing capt with a plaque, that is it. We also recognize our explorers going from explorer-firefighter with black plastic fire helmets- our explorers wear blue helments and to buy them a real helment costs $$$ so we do plastic. Also, as the advisor i buy each explorer who becomes a ff and finishes their probation and ff 1 class a St. Florian medal.
    Usually the last year you are an explorer is when you become Capt- from our history, so you don't get any apparell.

This year is our 30th Anniversary, and we are looking to recognize those explorers who went from explorer- Chief of the dept- we have about 6

Hope this helps.

Thread Information