Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Do you throw **** and jack off when you visit the monkey cage at the zoo, too?
    Idiot.
    The defense rest. No substance, no fact, no nothing. Just the typical attack on the person, which is what one does when they have the inability to think, reason, or deal with facts.

Forum Member

The defense rest. No substance, no fact, no nothing. Just the typical attack on the person, which is what one does when they have the inability to think, reason, or deal with facts.
    Eh? You blame your gaffs on interacting with liberals instead of your own stupidity, so I just wondered if you do the same when you interact with apes. You didn't deny it, by the way...so what are we supposed to think?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Eh? You blame your gaffs on interacting with liberals instead of your own stupidity, so I just wondered if you do the same when you interact with apes. You didn't deny it, by the way...so what are we supposed to think?
    Actually I would like to see this clown sit there and defend Rush Limbaugh for his comments. After all that is what this thread was started upon. As I stated earlier I think Rush is a moron to make such idiotic comments, whether satire or not. However this thread took on a different life. If anyone really, truly believes in Rush Limbaugh, then his idiotic statements would be tough to defend.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    Actually I would like to see this clown sit there and defend Rush Limbaugh for his comments. After all that is what this thread was started upon. As I stated earlier I think Rush is a moron to make such idiotic comments, whether satire or not. However this thread took on a different life. If anyone really, truly believes in Rush Limbaugh, then his idiotic statements would be tough to defend.
    It seems that the only ones listening to him are the ones critical of his comments. I don't listen to him so I don't know what he says or doesn't say. It seems the liberals in this country like to blame conservative talk shows for everything people are upset about. Fact is, most people who have had enough don't listen to those shows. They are everyday working people who are tired of DC stealing money out of our pockets to fund some useless pet project.

Forum Member

I'm still trying to figure why people like SC, who don't like Limbaugh so much, still listen to him...
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure why people like SC, who don't like Limbaugh so much, still listen to him...
    Laugh therapy?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Rush continues to prove he's on the Oxy again.

Excerpt:

Since Limbaugh found a medical issue (which could have been easily resolved) to avoid serving in the military during wartime he's unaware that a good portion of the fighting and dying is done by teenagers.
    And SC stoops to a new low...
    Change We Can Believe In.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    It seems that the only ones listening to him are the ones critical of his comments. I don't listen to him so I don't know what he says or doesn't say. It seems the liberals in this country like to blame conservative talk shows for everything people are upset about. Fact is, most people who have had enough don't listen to those shows. They are everyday working people who are tired of DC stealing money out of our pockets to fund some useless pet project.
    I don't listen to him either and this is the first time that I even seen that he made such idiotic comments. Seems though a post would have some relevance to the topic at hand, which is why I would like to see anyone try and defend such stupid comments. This isn't so much about liberals blaming conservative talk shows, but it would be hard for s diehard conservative to defend such comments made and why would they even try? Also, it is much more than those critical of Rush who are listening, because there are many diehards who act as though his message is gospel and I for one would like to see someone defend the comments made. After all, many diehard conservatives sure jumped on the Rush bandwagon with the "I hope the president fails" comments.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Laugh therapy?
    That would be a good answer. I have several websites I surf and folks who email me these tidbits.

Like it or not, he is the de facto spokesperson for the conservative movement. Every GOP politico that criticized him has backpedalled almost immediately.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't listen to him either and this is the first time that I even seen that he made such idiotic comments. Seems though a post would have some relevance to the topic at hand, which is why I would like to see anyone try and defend such stupid comments. This isn't so much about liberals blaming conservative talk shows, but it would be hard for s diehard conservative to defend such comments made and why would they even try? Also, it is much more than those critical of Rush who are listening, because there are many diehards who act as though his message is gospel and I for one would like to see someone defend the comments made. After all, many diehard conservatives sure jumped on the Rush bandwagon with the "I hope the president fails" comments.
    I would tell you that unless you listen to him, understand his satire and grasp the issues he speaks about, you are not qualified to criticize him.

I defend his comments by saying that it was satire and satire is protected free speech.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I defend his comments by saying that it was satire and satire is protected free speech.
    Yes it is... so why are conservatives afraid of the Fairness Doctrine?

Fight satire with satire....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Why are liberals so adamant that the only way they can silence people like Rush is to have the government do it? Seems to me that the American Way would be to put together a liberal network that has programming that people are interested in and put it out there. I would defend their right to do that to the death. People having a choice of what to listen to and what to watch is a good thing.

Forum Member

Why are liberals so adamant that the only way they can silence people like Rush is to have the government do it? Seems to me that the American Way would be to put together a liberal network that has programming that people are interested in and put it out there. I would defend their right to do that to the death. People having a choice of what to listen to and what to watch is a good thing.
    George...the fairness doctrine would work both ways... a lberal talk show would have to allow a conservative to speak, and vice versa. It is not censorship. I do listen to some talk radio... and I find that if you don't agree the hosts' POV, you get cut off PDQ. They only want to hear from their listening audience who agrees with them.

As a matter of fact.. after presidential speeches to the Nation, such as the State of the Union, the opposing party does have the right to respond, even thought the Fairtmness Docrtine was ablosihed by the Reagan Adminsitration. The Democrats had a chance at rebuttal and used it, the Republicans will also get their chance.

BTW... The only Rush I listen to is the band.
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 04-21-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

George...the fairness doctrine would work both ways... a lberal talk show would have to allow a conservative to speak, and vice versa. It is not censorship. I do listen to some talk radio... and I find that if you don't agree the hosts' POV, you get cut off PDQ. They only want to hear from their listening audience who agrees with them.

As a matter of fact.. after presidential speeches to the Nation, such as the State of the Union, the opposing party does have the right to respond, even thought the Fairtmness Docrtine was ablosihed by the Reagan Adminsitration. The Democrats had a chance at rebuttal and used it, the Republicans will also get their chance.

BTW... The only Rush I listen to is the band.
    I think your explanation of the Fairness Doctrine is a little too elementary. I understand it to be somewhat more complicated.

Why does the government have to tell a private business (radio station) what a citizen (on-air personality) what they can and can't talk about? In a free market enterprise, the public should be able to take care of this by listening or not listening.

Forum Member

I think your explanation of the Fairness Doctrine is a little too elementary. I understand it to be somewhat more complicated.

Why does the government have to tell a private business (radio station) what a citizen (on-air personality) what they can and can't talk about? In a free market enterprise, the public should be able to take care of this by listening or not listening.

The airwaves are regulated by the government. Licensure of radio and TV stations is based on a stations's ability to serve the public's interest, convienence and necessity.

To be honest, George... radio and television isn't about political ideology... it's about ratings points, which equal revenue.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

...it's about ratings points, which equal revenue.
    That is exactly where I was going with this. Seems to me, if there was a market for liberal talk radio, somebody would have launched it by now.

Forum Member

That is exactly where I was going with this. Seems to me, if there was a market for liberal talk radio, somebody would have launched it by now.
    Now George,There is no room in these forums for common sense.

Forum Member

That is exactly where I was going with this.
    I got there first!

Seems to me, if there was a market for liberal talk radio, somebody would have launched it by now.
    There was Air America...

You know what's funny? Broadcasting comglomerates own both liberal and conservative based radio and television stations and are making money off of both sides... isn't America great?

Now George,There is no room in these forums for common sense.
    Sure there is... one has to recognize it first.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

I got there first!

There was Air America...

You know what's funny? Broadcasting comglomerates own both liberal and conservative based radio and television stations and are making money off of both sides... isn't America great?

Sure there is... one has to recognize it first.
    Who is making money off liberal programming? Air America was certainly not.

Forum Member

Who is making money off liberal programming? Air America was certainly not.
    According to some people... ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN...

and Fox News.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I would tell you that unless you listen to him, understand his satire and grasp the issues he speaks about, you are not qualified to criticize him.

I defend my comments by the same reasoning of free speech. I don't have to listen to the guy to comment on his comments, especially when posted in an open forum. Satire or not it was a BS comment and one that probably never have been made if McCain were president under the exact same circumstances. Since when does anyone have to listen and understand someone in order to be "qualified" to comment? That's never stopped you from commenting in the past.

MembersZone Subscriber

I defend my comments by the same reasoning of free speech. I don't have to listen to the guy to comment on his comments, especially when posted in an open forum. Satire or not it was a BS comment and one that probably never have been made if McCain were president under the exact same circumstances. Since when does anyone have to listen and understand someone in order to be "qualified" to comment? That's never stopped you from commenting in the past.
    I never stated that you weren't allowed to make a comment. I merely stated that you are not qualified to give an informed opinion. And I stand by that.

And since you want to be a jerk...

If you look up and down the forums here, I do not post in about 98% of them. Why? Because either I am uninterested or unqualified to join in the discussion. If I post, it is on a subject that I am knowledgable in. Please show us all how smart you are and find one thread where I am posting about something I am unqualified to comment on. Not a thread where my opinion differs from yours, but a thread where I admit that I have no knowledge of the subject before I post. Ya know, like you did?

Banned

The fairness doctrine would theoretically work both ways. So every time the mainstream media ran a story about global warming being caused by humans they would also have to run one that shows it is not.

Personally, I don't want some bureaucrat, sitting in an office determining what is fair and what is not. The political leaning of the bureaucrat will dictate what is fair and what is not. Of course, if you had a liberal station, they could put their views and stuff on during prime time, the view of the other side would show up on early morning TV, like around 2 or 3 AM

MembersZone Subscriber

Well we have one up here. Its called the CBC. Its popularity ratings are just below Kandahar Travel Adventures

Forum Member

The airwaves are regulated by the government. Licensure of radio and TV stations is based on a stations's ability to serve the public's interest, convienence and necessity.

To be honest, George... radio and television isn't about political ideology... it's about ratings points, which equal revenue.
    You are corrrect; its all about dollars and cents; in the broadcast business there is a saying: "ratings means money; money means ratings!",

Right now Conservative talk radio has a good thing going; and as such, they don't want it to change to put them at a disadvantage which could effect the ratings of stations that carry their programing.
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

Thread Information