+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firegod343 View Post
    Gentlemen,

It's all a moot point........terrorist, criminal....meet the US Navy.
    Heartless bastards. The pirates didn't even get to open their Easter baskets.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Default politics

I realize that we all have different views, but that is what we are supposed to have the right to have, if this Country is really a "free" Country, correct? If you must voice your opinion on a certain political subject, doing so with restraint and class would seem to get your point across more effectively. When the board starts to look like a high school flaming board from back in the days, I start to wonder what have we learned since we graduated and moved on. We have children we are supposed to be leading and setting an example for. I know I try to teach my children how to get their point out there and be heard. They understand that everyone deserves respect going into the game, and name calling and belittling will only shut down any possibility of reception to any new concept or idea you are attempting to present. Wouldn't presenting your opinion with substaniative facts (which by the way always seem to be missing, when the press or some talking head gets ahold of the microphone or pen) and coherent explaination serve you better, if what you are actually attempting to do, is have your viewpoint taken seriously by those who encounter it? Whether or not they choose to agree, you at least gave yourself the opportunity to be heard and taken seriously. If you truely feel you have something to bring to the table, that will be a benefit to the rest of us, then please conduct yourself as such. Yes respect should be earned, but it also should be given, and learned. ;D.

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe you all want to read the story on the Italian cruise ship. As I stated earlier, pirates may be in for some more rude surprises. Criminals or terrorists, a 9 mil doesn't differentiate

the 4-1-4

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Criminals or terrorists, a 9 mil doesn't differentiate

Nine mm? I prefer a Glock .40, or a .357 for some home insurance.

You're right though, until a few more are killed or prevented from boarding, due to superior firepower, nothing will change. Once these animals learn it ain't so easy, they'll find another way to make their money.
    Last edited by jasper45; 04-27-2009 at 10:56 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Nine mm? I prefer a Glock .40, or a .357 for some home insurance.

You're right though, until a few more are killed or prevented from boarding, due to superior firepower, nothing will change. Once these animals learn it ain't so easy, they'll find another way to make their money.
    Actually Jasper, on the story that said the israelis fired at the pirates using their pistols, they failed to mention they were actually machine pistols
    Uzis as far as I know.

the 4-1-4

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Actually Jasper, on the story that said the israelis fired at the pirates using their pistols, they failed to mention they were actually machine pistols
    Uzis as far as I know.

No doubt, the Israelis are very good at what they do. Nice job on repelling the boarders.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Genius.

I already answered this question WWWWAAAAAYYYY back in the first few posts. But for those who can't retain information, I'll try again.
    Actually Genius, you never even answered this question at all until after I persistently challenged you to explain your comments. Actually you didn't mention anything about terrorists, criminals and how Japan is like the terrorists, didn't even come to light until post #144, where you stated pirates are criminals and Terrorist were like Japan.

Al Queda and Japan are exactly the same in this sense. They both decided that they wanted to declare war on the US. Both conducted an organized, synchronized, military unprovoked sneak attack on US assets. Both attacks killed thousands and injured tens of thousands. Both entities had the same motivation; to destroy the US and to expand the empire and sphere of influence. Both failed and had their *** handed to them by the US military.
    Really, the terrorists conducted a military strike? Really, so those hijacked planes were Al Qeada Air Force, loaded with bombs and not people? Al Qeada had their *** handed to them? So where's Bin Laden? Why do we still see attacks going on? Point is, that the terrorists attacks were not like Japan at Pearl Harbor, Japan was a clearly identified military force, attacking a military target. 9/11 was a cowardly attack, on civilian targets, by a group of cowards who hide in caves, they hide behind human shields and attack civilians, they have no clear base of operations, nor even a clear military. The motivation may be the same, but there are definately clear differences between Japan and 9/11.

It's not that I want to split terrorism into domestic and international. It is the FB friggin I who does it. There are terrorism statutes on both the state and federal level. But they are not generally used for US citizens who commit crimes on US soil. Examples of domestic terrorism include, abortion rights extremists, animal rights extremists and environmental extremists. They are not used when foreign operatives execute acts of war on our soil.
    So are you now trying to define different levels of terrorism. You said terrorist are our enemy, well then we should be going after these domestic terrorists with the same vigor and priority as Al Qeada. Also there are several different types of militia groups out there bent on overthrowing the govt too, more than just your definition of domestic terrorist, so then are they not terrorists that are our enemy? Would they be held as war criminals too? So why aren't these statutes of terrorism not used on the state or federal level, for US citizens who commit crimes on US soil. Gee, wouldn't they be considered criminals?

It completely astounds me that an adult in this day and age can be so grossly misinformed. It's pathetic. I tried to dumb it down with the baseball analogies, but even that didn't work. I'll try to work on analogies involving Sponge Bob or The Wiggles.

Rush Limbaugh, Spongebob and the Wiggles? Well I guess we finally know where you get your information from.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    Actually Genius, you never even answered this question at all until after I persistently challenged you to explain your comments. Actually you didn't mention anything about terrorists, criminals and how Japan is like the terrorists, didn't even come to light until post #144, where you stated pirates are criminals and Terrorist were like Japan.

Really, the terrorists conducted a military strike? Really, so those hijacked planes were Al Qeada Air Force, loaded with bombs and not people? Al Qeada had their *** handed to them? So where's Bin Laden? Why do we still see attacks going on? Point is, that the terrorists attacks were not like Japan at Pearl Harbor, Japan was a clearly identified military force, attacking a military target. 9/11 was a cowardly attack, on civilian targets, by a group of cowards who hide in caves, they hide behind human shields and attack civilians, they have no clear base of operations, nor even a clear military. The motivation may be the same, but there are definately clear differences between Japan and 9/11.

So are you now trying to define different levels of terrorism. You said terrorist are our enemy, well then we should be going after these domestic terrorists with the same vigor and priority as Al Qeada. Also there are several different types of militia groups out there bent on overthrowing the govt too, more than just your definition of domestic terrorist, so then are they not terrorists that are our enemy? Would they be held as war criminals too? So why aren't these statutes of terrorism not used on the state or federal level, for US citizens who commit crimes on US soil. Gee, wouldn't they be considered criminals?

Rush Limbaugh, Spongebob and the Wiggles? Well I guess we finally know where you get your information from.
    Congratulations. An entire post full of nothing but attacks. There is zero substance to it.

Yes, Al Queda mounted a military attack on this country. They were not wearing uniforms. They were not "clearly identified". But the attack was pulled off with military precision by an enemy of the US. You may not have known who attacked us, but the rest of the educated and informed in this country did.

The rest of your post is nonsense.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    So...

You irresponsibly run up your credit cards, don't pay the bill, then when the credit card company operates according to the agreement you signed (all say they will raise the interest rate after a period of delinquency), you say that they are a "rotten corporation"? You don't fulfill your legal obligation but THEY don't know how to run a business?
    Incorrect. I responsibly charged things and kept my payments within what I could afford. Then the CC company, just like the government with taxes, decided they needed more cash flow so they raise the interest rates. I wasn't delinquent until they put me in a bad situation. As the attorney said, he saw it all the time, it was like the CC companies wanted people to file for BK.

Of course now there are groups who will work with the CC company so no one has to file BK and the company still gets their money. Realize my only reason for ever bringing int up in the first place was to show how these companies were their own worst enemy. Rather than work with people when there situation changes they tow a hard line and everyone loses in the end. The Banks lose, the Person loses, and society loses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

Thread Information