Thread: DoD Fire Jobs

Forum Member

Cool DoD Fire Jobs

Hey guys how are you? Im interested in getting into DOD fire fighting up in the Boston, Ma area. I have two local militasry bases near by and would love to start applying for them but only problem is..I dont know where to find any of these DOD jobs on the web. Ive searched usajobs and jobsforvets.com but no luck. I served four years in Marine Corps and am an Iraqi War Veteran. Any help would be great guys thanks and Semper Fi.

Forum Member

Post DOD Jobs

JMAN,

The secret is doing what you did while in the Corps........ Hurry up and wait. I'm a 9 year Navy Vet and the one thing wrong I did is when I saw an opening for a job on the base I wanted, I looked at the KSA's and decided to pass on applying because I didn't have ALL of them. I found out afterwards I would have most likely been at the top of the list with what I did have. So, I stayed around the base for another year and nothing opened so I'm back in Mn. Good luck!!!!

Forum Member

1. Go to www.usajobs.gov

2. Under the words "SEARCH JOBS" there is a box with "what: (job title, keywords) Delete this and enter "0081"

As of today there are 508 potential jobs available worldwide for the 0081 Firefighter classification. You will need to adjust the search accordingly for the geographic region you want.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

I'm at Hanscom AFB as a contractor...i know a bunch of guys on the FD here and they have no openings at all...what happened was when Otis went from federal to state, a bunch of those guys came up here and filled up a bunch of spots so thats basically where they are at. I'm hoping to catch a break and maybe get a job in Dispatch with them when something opens up so I stay pretty current w/ things...a good thing to do is set up a specialized job search on USAJOBS w/ "FIREFIGHTER" for a keyword and set it for daily updates...good luck

Forum Member

Default cool

Ya Hanscom was my first choice since it is only about a half hour from me. Well good luck on that Bostondude. Anything else pops up at Hanscom keep me posted if you dont mind. And thanks guys for all the replies. Semper FI

Thread Information