Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber ffnukkie1617's Avatar

Question Single line technology...good?

I'm looking for some qualified opinions on how well the newer single line technology works with high pressure rescue tools. I believe Holmatro calls it "Core Technology", not sure what the others call it. We're grant writing for extrication this year and are looking to maybe switch over to all single line stuff and want to know from current users how well it works and if it's better than traditional 2 line systems. Don't be afraid to give any negatives you've had as well. If you could, when replying, please try to let me know what tools you are running. (it will help more if we know what you're currently running)

Thanks everyone!!
    Adam V

Forum Member

We just switched from the two line to the Holmatro Core system. Our rams were upgraded and our cutter and spreaders were replaced. They guys love them. They love them. The connections are fast and clean. So far no problems at all.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Good luck on digging thru the muck of sales pitches in here to get a straight answer. We use both two line and Core. The Core is great for us, at my paid job. We are constantly rotating guys in to cover openings since our city can't seem to find money to fill positions. It is easier to train them.
    The best way is to check with your distributor, he can get a you a list of customers from Holmatro, and you can call them directly. We (our tool committee) got a list of about 50 depts. of all sizes. They checked with many of them before we decided to go with Core. Depts the size of Phoenix and LA down to podunk Georgia were on there.
    Sure, they are not going to have anyone with a bad experience on there, but it did help talking to non salesmen. I don't think to date there is anything on here or FF close calls. com about problems with Core other than maintenance they all have.

Good luck buddy enjoy the ride through the posts

Forum Member

Although I think Holmatro's Core Tech design is probably the most innovative advancement in auto extrication...with just 5 years of being on the market its surprising the amount of concerns are found on the internet.

www.usedrescuetools.com has several sets of Core Tech tools already available for resale. Why???

www.sceneoftheaccident has a video that shows a Core Tech failure. http://www.sceneoftheaccident.org/Vi...videoIndex=105

Forum Member

And I still hose its the "coupler" not the hose. There is NO BENEFIT of that hose, it is all the coupler. Any single coupler whether it be Holmatro or CEJN (Hurst, Hurst HP, Genesis, Lancier and whoever else is having them put on) is a far cry better than any twin coupler.

It is still a twin line hose... you just can't see the other one.
    Last edited by Isitjustme; 04-21-2009 at 08:31 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber ffnukkie1617's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hrtrescue10 View Post
    Good luck on digging thru the muck of sales pitches in here to get a straight answer. We use both two line and Core. The Core is great for us, at my paid job. We are constantly rotating guys in to cover openings since our city can't seem to find money to fill positions. It is easier to train them.
    The best way is to check with your distributor, he can get a you a list of customers from Holmatro, and you can call them directly. We (our tool committee) got a list of about 50 depts. of all sizes. They checked with many of them before we decided to go with Core. Depts the size of Phoenix and LA down to podunk Georgia were on there.
    Sure, they are not going to have anyone with a bad experience on there, but it did help talking to non salesmen. I don't think to date there is anything on here or FF close calls. com about problems with Core other than maintenance they all have.

Good luck buddy enjoy the ride through the posts
    Thanks...I was leary on posting, but I figured I'd add this to my research. I have actually gotten a list of local users and have been in contact with a number of them already. Since it's a relatively limited market (rescue tools), it's a little hard to find decent pro/con stuff on the web. Thanks for your input and stay safe!

Adam

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isitjustme View Post
    And I still hose its the "coupler" not the hose. There is NO BENEFIT of that hose, it is all the coupler. Any single coupler whether it be Holmatro or CEJN (Hurst, Hurst HP, Genesis, Lancier and whoever else is having them put on) is a far cry better than any twin coupler.

It is still a twin line hose... you just can't see the other one.
    Ok, don't agree, but that is what these things are all about.
    Having both, the single hose is much easier to manage, lighter, we use 50 footers now, the side outlet fittings on our 1 week old Supervac are sweet (even though we have not used them on a call yet), no kinks to worry about,etc. I think if everyone could use a single hose they would.
    I was at FDIC on Saturday and the only one bashing the single hose was TNT. They tried to tell us it restricted flow. BOTH our systems perform the same, except for our new spreaders, which are faster on the Core system. The guys from Genesis and Hurst both said there was nothing really wrong with the single hose when asked. The old muscled up guy in the hurst booth said he liked it, it was just that he thought his system was just as good. A VERY HONEST answer that earned my repect.

We have the genesis tools with the quick coupler and it is sweet! We love it!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Isitjustme View Post
    ... Any single coupler whether it be Holmatro or CEJN (Hurst, Hurst HP, Genesis, Lancier and whoever else is having them put on) is a far cry better than any twin coupler...
    Agreed.

A simple, easy to use, single coupler is better than any twin coupler.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Core

We are currently in the process of evaluating HRTs and tested the Holmatro CORE system several weeks ago. The system is extremely user friendly and no significant problems where identified with the system. The evening we tested the system it was below freezing and snowing. We had no problems with the hoses and they where extremely easy to deploy and tear down. The only issue I have heard with the hoses was that if deployed for a long period of time in extreme heat the couplings can pressure load and be difficult to release. They provide a tool with the system in case that this would occur.

Thread Information