Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Help with Tanker and Other Items Narrative

I am hoping to find help with writing a narrative for a tanker to either replace or supplement our current inadequate tanker.

I am also needing advice for a shopping list narrative of items related to SCBA. I am not sure what year of NFPA compliance AFG is using for SCBA, but we have three different brands of SCBA on our rigs and would like to get all rid of two brands so everyone is using the same. We also need a fill station as we currently do not have blast protection. Also we are wondering if there is a possibility to add in changing from steel bottles to carbon fiber.

If anyone has any advise or narratives that have worked for either of these issues, I would be very appreciative if you could email me.

Thanks,

sgt_ballew_gpd@mchsi.com
    Last edited by scobal1972; 04-23-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Forum Member

If you are gonna do the scba grant, work for the package, and do a complete fix. SCBA, spare bottles, fill station, compressor the whole show. You may also want to look at a fit test macjine, and sending someone to school to do the test and basic repairs. The bottle changeover should not be a big thing either. All of the grants I have written included the primary bottle and a spare for each unit.

MembersZone Subscriber

Limeforever,

Do you know what year they are considering for complinace on SCBA. We have gotten 11 SCBA that are 2002 compliant in the past 3 years. We got 6 of them in 2008 on a grant. We were not able to afford the spare bottles at that time as it was a small equipment grant through Illinois and there was not enough money to get the extra bottles. We also have older SCBA that are not 2002 compliant and those are fom 3 different companies. I guess what I am wondering is if I can write just to replace the SCBA that are not in compliance and from different manufacturers?

MembersZone Subscriber

I was also wondering what the award limit amount is on a tanker if anyone knows.

Thanks

AFG will not fund replacements for 2002 compliant packs at this time.

Forum Member

As island said, they will not fund the 2002 packs currently, but you should be able to build a good narrative to replace all of the other different brands into one, working on the interoperability side. You should also be able to add the spare bottles in as well.

The tanker amount, I am not sure of, I have heard different pricing all the way from 130k up to around 240k. I guess it just depend on the type of tanker you are looking at. You may throw the question to Kurt or to Brian and they may have a solid price, or plenty more on here may be able to help as well.

Thread Information