Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Pierce

Forum Member

Default Going to Pierce

I am going out to Pierce on Monday(4/27) to do a post paint inspection on our 100' RM platform. If any one wants me to TRY and get pictures of their truck while I'm out there please give me your job name and job number. Like I said I will TRY to get them. Maybe you can return the favor if you are planning to go out there next month.

For those spec'ing in the future, our department (as do some neighbors) stipulate in the spec that we receive photo emails of the progress every 2 weeks to one month. Why be limited to your inspection trips? I believe some manufacturer's like crimson offer access to progress on their website. If you spec it, they will conform! GL on your trip!

Forum Member

Just after I wrote this I found out that Pierce is using an outside company to do all of the picture taking. They take pictures once a week of your apparatus and send the pictures to your rep who in turns sends them to you. I believe this is something new for Pierce.

Talking

nope : They invented it !!! just like aluminum ladders. :-}

Rosie's been doing this for years.Our 04 was photodoc'ed from the frame rails forward. T.c.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 05-22-2009 at 08:08 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Toyne similarly keeps the "dealer" area updated with photos so you can watch the progress. It was very easy to access and actually helped us work through details. And I could have direct email contact with the big boss at the factory or the in house engineer for immediate answers to questions or changes. We cannot say enough about how well the process with Toyne went.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckGuy View Post
    Just after I wrote this I found out that Pierce is using an outside company to do all of the picture taking. They take pictures once a week of your apparatus and send the pictures to your rep who in turns sends them to you. I believe this is something new for Pierce.
    You can take your own photos. The photos they are talking about are the ones that appear on their web site, I was told.

Be sure to go to Georges and have a drink and a steak.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruckGuy View Post
    Just remember that if you put in your spec, it's probably going to cost you. This outside company isn't doing this free.

Forum Member

I'd ask for a picture of theiir new Aluminum Tower....but I've already seen it....I've been to E-one a few times.
    It takes a little intelligence to enjoy humor,satire & wit, but none to be offended by it.

It take more than a new Leather Helmet to make you a good officer

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Pierce uses an outside photographer for the calendar.

They use an in-house person for the photos on the website (same young lady that runs the gift shop).

Customers and visitors are encouraged to take pix of everything at the factory.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

The company Pierce dealers use for pictures is Fire and Safety Consulting. Here is a link to their website sample photo reports.

http://fascg.com/samplephotoreport.html

Forum Member

Default Where are the pictures?

Truckguy? Do you have any pictures that you can post of your new truck? Is it still being built or is it completed?

Forum Member

Yes, it is still being built. Getting the ladder pinned to the truck this week. We are using FASC(Fire and Safety Consulting) to take pictures of our truck during assembly. We get new pictures every Friday. I will try and post some or I can send them to you.

Forum Member

Can you post some pictures? I would like to see it as well!

Forum Member

I know that almost all of the New Jersey departments that get a Pierce receive these pictures. A friend of mine showed me one report from the company that does it for the NJ dealer and there were 16 pages of photos, some of them very detailed.

Forum Member

Glick Fire, the PA Rep, has their own employee at the plant who provides the production updates each week with very detailed photos. The production reports start as soon as the cab begins assembly.

John has copies of the specs and keeps an eye on the build as it progresses. He is very knowledgeable (ex Pierce Employee) and can keep things to the spec. From receiving the production reports, we were able to identify issues and have them corrected as the vehicle was still being built. All minor issues, but avoided down stream problems.

Forum Member

Our reports are done very well and we are very pleased with FASC. We get over 120 pictures with our report! We will be receiving a new report tomorrow(5/22). I will try to get some pictures from the report to post. Stay turned.

FlatCnty, I will need your help with this! I'll call you.

If I can do it,YOU can do it.

Forum Member

Post Poor Guy..........Going to Appleton

It'a great your dept is getting a new apparatus. I won't say what I feel about Pierce. A few have expressed the same thoughts here I have. However, as with a few others, when CustomFire built our rescue 4 years ago they had bimonthly updates on their site. This is one of the reasons we have since purchased an engine, tanker/tender, and had them do major work on a pick up for us. Even though it's only about 2 hours away, it's always nice to see your apparatus in the process of being built.

Forum Member

Default What manufactures offer progress photos?

Quote Originally Posted by mnfirecapt09 View Post
    It'a great your dept is getting a new apparatus. I won't say what I feel about Pierce. A few have expressed the same thoughts here I have. However, as with a few others, when CustomFire built our rescue 4 years ago they had bimonthly updates on their site. This is one of the reasons we have since purchased an engine, tanker/tender, and had them do major work on a pick up for us. Even though it's only about 2 hours away, it's always nice to see your apparatus in the process of being built.
    Mnfirecap09 commented on CustomFire offering the progress photos. What other manufactures offer this service as standard? I believe US Tanker and CSI does. I know on some of the websites there is a place for departments to login and view there truck photos. Would be intertesing to find out how many do offer this.

Photo offering as standard
    Custom Fire
    US Tanker
    CSI
    Crimson

Thread Information