Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default The personality portion of the I/O solutions civil service exam.

Is the personality portion of the I/O solutions civil service exam graded numerically? Does the personality portion affect your numeric score?

I just took a civil service test and scored a 74 according to the posted scores. I've scored 94 or better each and every time I have ever taken this test and am trying to figure out how I could have possibly gotten a 74.

Which brings me to another question. Is it possible an error could have been made in posting the scores or grading the test? I know it must be rare but there is no way I made a 74. lol.
    Last edited by xstalkrx; 04-24-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Forum Member

personality portions of civil service test set the bar so low that everyone will pass no matter what.

Forum Member

I just found another thread stating that the personality portion deducts points from your final score. So that's how I got such a low score. I changed a couple of my peronality question answers from the last time I took it.

This testing process is ****ing bull****.

Forum Member

Default I "strongly agree" its !@#$$%%!($~#*($~@#$~(#

Quote Originally Posted by xstalkrx View Post
    I just found another thread stating that the personality portion deducts points from your final score. So that's how I got such a low score. I changed a couple of my peronality question answers from the last time I took it.

This testing process is ****ing bull****.
    I took the test and I normally score ok on civil service tests and I answered everything Strongly agree or strongly disagree and I scored and 67 well 1/3rd of the test is personality. Ive talked to others who answered agree or disagree not strongly either way and scored 100 or close to. So that might give you an idea. I guess dont try to trick the test by answering what they think you should answer.

example... On tests IO Solutions you always answer Strongly

A. Strongly Agree
    B. Agree
    C. Neither agree or disagree
    D. Disagree
    E. Strongly Disagree

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Directions

I have taken a few I/O Solutions test and many personality sections of exams. I cant recall if this is on the I/O solutions tests or not but on many of the personality exams I took there was an explanation of each answer you can choose. In the beginning of the personality section it tells you about each answer choice. Strongly agree, agree, etc. Most people choose to skip over this thinking they know what strongly agree and the others means but on many of the exams I have taken the company puts important phrases after an answer that limits when it can be used.
    I know you are all scratching your heads at this point thinking what the hell is he talking about, here is an example.
    Most exams I have taken have limited the use of Strongly agree and Strongly Disagree in this fashion.
    I will use Strongly Disagree as an example - Choose Strongly disagree if you think the response is inappropriate and may cause harm.

Many people who do not read the explanation will miss the last 4 words which states that you can only use Strongly disagree if it may cause harm.
    By saying and it means it has to be both inappropriate and harmful or strongly disagree can not be used.

A questions that one may get wrong with this is; You are asked by a senior man to mop the kitchen again and you say "I did it already today why dont you do it". I strongly disagree with this statement but by the directions I should only disagree because the statement will not cause harm.

Conversely if a question read; You are told by your officer at a fire to force the front door, on your way there you see an unmanned hose line and fire coming out the window. You pick up the hose line and start spraying water on the fire.
    This would have to be answered by a Strongly Disagree because your actions may cause harm.

I have had lots of friends mess up exams this way. One of the best pieces of info you can get is always read the directions even if you think you know what the section is asking.
    This personally happened to me on one of the personality exams I took. If I did not go back and check my answers and happen to read the directions I would have probably failed the exam.

Not sure if the was the culprit in your case but something to look out for.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

MembersZone Subscriber

I took a I/O solutions exam.....and all I can say is Don Mcnea have excellent study guides that help you through the personality portion......

Check out their site....their study guides have help me the most by far....

The last exam I took was a I/O exam and my rank was 175 out of two thousand applicants....

Forum Member

Anyone have any experience taking a personality test from Police and Fire Selection( a company in California )?

Thread Information