Thread: Cost Share

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cost Share

Does anyone know if there is a way to edit the cost share in the budget section? It defaults to 95/5, but I am working with a dept. looking to buy a truck and they can provide nearly 50% funding.

It's a small dept. with few runs, so the cost benefit will be important. I know we can detail it in the narrative, but is there someplace else I can show that so that it aids in the computer scoring?

MembersZone Subscriber

20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

Not sure but I would reduce the cost of the truck by 45% then the 5% for local share.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ameryfd View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to edit the cost share in the budget section? It defaults to 95/5, but I am working with a dept. looking to buy a truck and they can provide nearly 50% funding.

It's a small dept. with few runs, so the cost benefit will be important. I know we can detail it in the narrative, but is there someplace else I can show that so that it aids in the computer scoring?
    You will not be able to change the cost share in the budget section. The price of the apparatus in the details section should reflect what they need after the 50% match. Just adjust your figures accordingly to factor in the 5%that will have to be met. Explain the rest in the narrative.

MembersZone Subscriber

Make sure you have a strong financial need section. If you can provide 50% of the amount for a truck, the reviewers are going to really want to know why the other 50% cannot be funded.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by k3twpfire View Post
    Make sure you have a strong financial need section. If you can provide 50% of the amount for a truck, the reviewers are going to really want to know why the other 50% cannot be funded.
    Pretty much as I figured. I'm not worried about the financial need......they have been saving into a truck fund for 20 years to get this far...

Thread Information