Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 80 of 80

Thread: Let's Recap....

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Idiotboy strikes again. It's a conservative blog. Since you discount my blog links as partisan I get to do the same.

    They're looking for a "gotcha" moment. Obama was following Roberts' lead.the onus was upon Roberts to say the correct wording in order for the President-elect to follow. Roberts screwed up the first time through. Even your idiot post states that.

    This was an event being watched by billions. I'm sure you would have gotten it correct despite being lead incorrectly.

    Ha ha ha ha....who am I kidding? You can't even manage credit card balance.
    Watch the video, it says it all

    But hey, how about this. Even Obama admits he screwed it up.

    Obama pokes fun at swearing in mishap
    Posted: 10:00 AM ET

    (CNN) Ė President Obama Friday couldn't help but poke fun at the now-famous trip up during his inaugural swearing in ceremony last January.

    In a public ceremony to swear in Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Commerce Secretary Gary Locke, the president noted his administration likes to swear in officials more than once.

    "They were actually sworn in before today, but around here we like to make sure we get it right. I had to do it twice and so now we make everybody do it twice," the president joked.


  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Not as bad as George W. Boooosh stumbled through eight years of the worst administration ever.
    Damn, you're stupid.

    Bush Team Strategy Now Obama's Swine Flu Playbook

    The Obama administration has relied on a Bush-era public health strategy aimed at coordinating its response across an array of government agencies in the week since the first reports of a swine flu outbreak emerged, officials say, as it attempts to balance safety concerns with a desire to prevent a panic.

  3. #63
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    Watch the video, it says it all

    But hey, how about this. Even Obama admits he screwed it up.
    I didn't say Obama didn't screw up. He screwed up because he was following Roberts' lead who did screw up.

    I don't mind a President who admits to making mistakes. Sure beats one who won't admit to making a mistake when it was all he did.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I didn't say Obama didn't screw up. He screwed up because he was following Roberts' lead who did screw up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    He did get it right idiotboy watch the video again
    So which is it?

    I don't mind a President who admits to making mistakes. Sure beats one who won't admit to making a mistake when it was all he did.

    Apparently you haven't seen it. Roberts starts talking and Obama steps on him in the first sentence causing a series of missteps and screwups. He caused the screwup
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 05-02-2009 at 01:26 PM.

  5. #65
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    So which is it?

    Apparently you haven't seen it. Roberts starts talking and Obama steps on him in the first sentence causing a series of missteps and screwups. He caused the screwup
    Whatever idiotboy. He's still President.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #66
    Forum Member PhillyRube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rescue, Isle of Wight Cty, VA
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'm willing to bet Corzine and Kaine are re-elected handily.
    Unfortunately, you are right on one, wrong on the other.

    Korzine is the knucklehad who comes out of the hospital swooning all over EMS for saving his life, and just cut $4,000,000 for training to NJ Emergency Services.

    http://www.njemsea.org/helpNJEMTs.htm

    Virginia governors only serve one 4 year term. That's actually a good thing, since the officeholder can concentrate on his job and less on running for reelection.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Whatever idiotboy. He's still President.
    I will accept this as I was right and you were wrong - again.

  8. #68
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default Here's a question

    Okay,Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii.There's paperwork showing that he was.
    There is also paperwork showing that when his father had him living in Indonesia,he had to switch nationalities in order to be registered for school.
    I'm okay with that so far because kids need to be in school learning in a supervised environment rather than roaming the streets learning God knows what.
    Then,Obama returns to the United States and has to regain his US citizenship whereupon he acts on his desire to enter politics and ends up as President of the United States.
    What does the US Constitution say about citizens who renounce their US citizenship for another country's allegiance,yet then return to the United States and regain their citizenship?
    Are they still eligible for the highest elected office in the land?

  9. #69
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    There is also paperwork showing that when his father had him living in Indonesia,he had to switch nationalities in order to be registered for school.
    Then,Obama returns to the United States and has to regain his US citizenship whereupon he acts on his desire to enter politics and ends up as President of the United States.
    What does the US Constitution say about citizens who renounce their US citizenship for another country's allegiance,yet then return to the United States and regain their citizenship?
    Are they still eligible for the highest elected office in the land?
    Yes they are since a parent does NOT have the ability to renounce the citizenship of their six year old son.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yes they are since a parent does NOT have the ability to renounce the citizenship of their six year old son.
    Now you are getting STUPID!!! Until they turn 16 the parent has all of the responsibility. They can get them citizenship, tell them where to go to school and how to dress. They even make life or death medical decisions for them. Your blind loyalty to King Obama has made you really really stupid.

  11. #71
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yes they are since a parent does NOT have the ability to renounce the citizenship of their six year old son.

    Really?Then someone needs to tell my folks that they had no control over me when I was six years old.Imagine what I would have done if I could tell my parents the same thing I told my older sisters "You're not the boss of me!"
    If a parent cannot change the national citizenship of their child,how is it that Madonna,Brangelina(I am disturbed to know that word)and other Hollywierdos as well as normal people have adopted children from other countries who are now US citizens?

  12. #72
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Really?Then someone needs to tell my folks that they had no control over me when I was six years old.Imagine what I would have done if I could tell my parents the same thing I told my older sisters "You're not the boss of me!"
    If a parent cannot change the national citizenship of their child,how is it that Madonna,Brangelina(I am disturbed to know that word)and other Hollywierdos as well as normal people have adopted children from other countries who are now US citizens?
    US law doesn't allow for parents to renounce the citizenship of their children. Your issues with your parents are none of our business.

    As far as movie stars adopting children, I have no idea of the circumstances. I would bet a small sum the children have dual citizenship. But I don't know for sure.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #73
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    Now you are getting STUPID!!! Until they turn 16 the parent has all of the responsibility. They can get them citizenship, tell them where to go to school and how to dress. They even make life or death medical decisions for them. Your blind loyalty to King Obama has made you really really stupid.
    Really idiotboy? Is this yet another area of expertise you possess? I guess you missed the part where moonbat tried to claim the same thing only to be sent packing.

    Show us the law that states an American parent can renounce citizenship. Dress and school choice are not part of immigration status.

    Gawd you are truly a stupid one. And determined to prove it everyday.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StupidClown View Post
    US law doesn't allow for parents to renounce the citizenship of their children. Your issues with your parents are none of our business.

    As far as movie stars adopting children, I have no idea of the circumstances. I would bet a small sum the children have dual citizenship. But I don't know for sure.
    Your talking out your butt again. You cannot find the ,law that says that because it doesn't exist yet.

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Really idiotboy? Is this yet another area of expertise you possess? I guess you missed the part where moonbat tried to claim the same thing only to be sent packing.

    Show us the law that states an American parent can renounce citizenship. Dress and school choice are not part of immigration status.

    Gawd you are truly a stupid one. And determined to prove it everyday.
    Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1481), as amended, states that U.S. citizens are subject to loss of citizenship if they perform certain specified acts voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. citizenship. Briefly stated, these acts include:

    1. obtaining naturalization in a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);
    2. taking an oath, affirmation or other formal declaration to a foreign state or its political subdivisions (Sec. 349 (a) (2) INA);
    3. entering or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the U.S. or serving as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the armed forces of a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (3) INA);
    4. accepting employment with a foreign government if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) an oath or declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA);
    5. formally renouncing U.S. citizenship before a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer outside the United States (sec. 349 (a) (5) INA);
    6. formally renouncing U.S. citizenship within the U.S. (but only under strict, narrow statutory conditions) (Sec. 349 (a) (6) INA);
    7. conviction for an act of treason (Sec. 349 (a) (7) INA).


    As the legal Guardian the father can do these things. I don't see anything about a 6 year old cannot lose their citizenship.

  16. #76
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1481), as amended, states that U.S. citizens are subject to loss of citizenship if they perform certain specified acts voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. citizenship. Briefly stated, these acts include:

    1. obtaining naturalization in a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);
    2. taking an oath, affirmation or other formal declaration to a foreign state or its political subdivisions (Sec. 349 (a) (2) INA);
    3. entering or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the U.S. or serving as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the armed forces of a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (3) INA);
    4. accepting employment with a foreign government if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) an oath or declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA);
    5. formally renouncing U.S. citizenship before a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer outside the United States (sec. 349 (a) (5) INA);
    6. formally renouncing U.S. citizenship within the U.S. (but only under strict, narrow statutory conditions) (Sec. 349 (a) (6) INA);
    7. conviction for an act of treason (Sec. 349 (a) (7) INA).

    As the legal Guardian the father can do these things. I don't see anything about a 6 year old cannot lose their citizenship.
    Gotta love incomplete research....

    I present the United States Department of State Guide for the Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship

    And I quote from the fine folks at the Department of State:

    F. RENUNCIATION FOR MINOR CHILDREN

    Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5) of the INA, a person under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that he/she fully understands the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation, is not subject to duress or undue influence, and is voluntarily seeking to renounce his/her U.S. citizenship.
    Also a little piece of a gem that can be found in Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1481)

    Whenever the loss of United States nationality is put in issue in any action or proceeding commenced on or after September 26, 1961 under, or by virtue of, the provisions of this chapter or any other Act, the burden shall be upon the person or party claiming that such loss occurred, to establish such claim by a preponderance of the evidence.
    Since his parents took him out of the country in 1967, it is not up to anyone to prove that Obama didn't renounce his citizenship. Its up to the anti-Obama crowd to prove that he did.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  17. #77
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    Your talking out your butt again. You cannot find the ,law that says that because it doesn't exist yet.
    Hey idiotboy. Maybe your crayon college can prove a negative. Something that is unattainable in the real world.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #78
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Gotta love incomplete research....
    His research of his credit card agreements should tell you all one needs to know about his thoroughness.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Gotta love incomplete research....

    I present the United States Department of State Guide for the Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship

    And I quote from the fine folks at the Department of State:

    F. RENUNCIATION FOR MINOR CHILDREN



    Also a little piece of a gem that can be found in Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1481)



    Since his parents took him out of the country in 1967, it is not up to anyone to prove that Obama didn't renounce his citizenship. Its up to the anti-Obama crowd to prove that he did.
    Well thank you for an excellent post with sources. I'm not used to that coming from the liberal house. Personally, I'm not a legal expert and I didn't bring it up.
    I also found this
    Parents cannot renounce United States citizenship on behalf of their children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5), persons under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that they fully understand the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation and are voluntarily seeking to renounce their citizenship. United States common law establishes an arbitrary limit of age fourteen under which a child's understanding must be established by substantial evidence.

    Under Section 351(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act [8 U.S.C. 1483(b)], a person who renounced U.S. citizenship before the age of eighteen years and "who within six months after attaining the age of eighteen years asserts his claim to United States nationality in such manner as the Secretary of State shall by regulation prescribe, shall not be deemed to have expatriated himself...." The relevant regulation is Section 50.20(b) of Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations which requires that the person take an oath of allegiance to the United States before a diplomatic or consular officer in order to retain U.S. citizenship.
    I personally have never questioned that he is qualified to be president. I'm certain that there are a number of people who have checked and verified everything, both republicans and democrats. If there was anything of substance we would have known well before the election.

    That said, he does go against many of the founding and guiding principles of this country. The most basic right was that of freedom from government intervention. Our fore fathers recognized the need for a set of rules and that a governing body was needed to help the people coexist. Unfortunately, our government has gone form one of let the people be free to one of the government will tell you what to do. Sometime back in the late 1800s the snowball of governmental interference was started. And as it has rolled downhill it has gained in size and momentum. Our leaders need to get back to the basics. They need to take this country back to its free, entrepreneurial, self it once was. This country's basic foundations are of a free enterprise and a free people. I say if one doesn't like the foundations and basic principles of this country then they shouldn't be here. It's just like I detest groups like PETA, the rainbow coalition, KKK, NAACP, Sierra Club, GreenPeace etc. So I am not part of those groups and I don't try to change them. If you don't like the basic principles of America then find a place that subscribes to your principles.

    Again, I look forward to more intelligent post like this. Thank you.
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 05-05-2009 at 06:29 AM.

  20. #80
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    That said, he does go against many of the founding and guiding principles of this country. The most basic right was that of freedom from government intervention. Our fore fathers recognized the need for a set of rules and that a governing body was needed to help the people coexist. Unfortunately, our government has gone form one of let the people be free to one of the government will tell you what to do. Sometime back in the late 1800s the snowball of governmental interference was started. And as it has rolled downhill it has gained in size and momentum. Our leaders need to get back to the basics. They need to take this country back to its free, entrepreneurial, self it once was. This country's basic foundations are of a free enterprise and a free people.
    Hey idiotboy. You might want to do more thorough research on the Founding Fathers. Even they didn't govern according to those principles.

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    Again, I look forward to more intelligent post like this. Thank you.
    Why? It's not like you'll understand.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts