Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flashlights

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Flashlights

Does anyone know on an NFPA standard or other "3rd Party" source we can quote to justify the purchase of flashlights with PPE. Anyone put them in their grant proposal? Would like to include flashlights in with a PPE request and am open to any ideas...Anyone who wants to share a narrative that would be fine too. Any help, thanks!

FourBank@AOL.com
    BB

You can add them to your request with no trouble, but remember that it's just another thing to justify. Is losing a $2,200 set of gear worth a $75 flashlight?

MembersZone Subscriber

FD has to come up with $110 for TO gear but supposed to blow $75 for necessary lights? What FG was throw out for properly requesting lights?

A decent TO gear app will either go thru or it won't. I don't think lights are going to make any difference.

I'm not at all saying they are. I often see so many people who want to add "just one more thing" to the application. Every item is scored and you know that.

MembersZone Subscriber

We added LED survivor lights last year with not problem, except that they lowered our request from $115 to $50. I thnk it was due to me know clarifying what we were asking for in the narrative. Make sure you are specific on this one so the same thing don't happen to you.

Forum Member

They may ask you to take a reduction, but if I was 'desperate' for turnouts I would be very, very cautious about including a light. I can understand that getting the lights is important and the cost of the lights can be a big expense so I would definately give it special attention within the narrative.

I'll have to go along with sly & Jam on this one. Yes you should have a light to wear on your turnout gear. Do you have to have it funded by the FEDS??

Will it be the straw to break the camels back on a good application and lower the score enough to not get the turn outs funded??????

Do you really want to chance not scoring high enough over a $100 flashlight??

With the cost of gear at around $2,000.00 per set I'd much rather have that amount funded and do a little fundraiser around town to buy miscelanious stuff like flashlights and bail-out ropes.

Thread Information