Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFPA 1901 Spec

MembersZone Subscriber

Default NFPA 1901 Spec

I'm sure the question has been asked before, but for us new guys; if I state in a vehicle program narrative budget that the vehicle will be built to NFPA 1901 Standard is it assumed that I included lighting, handlights, SCBA's, etc. or do I need to line item them? I'm writing for a priority two Rescue truck to carry tech rescue equipment and from my reading of 1901, the truck needs SCBA w/spare bottle along with the other "minimum equipment" listed in Ch. 10.

Also, has anyone determined the minimum acceptable driver training program FEMA will consider "comprehensive?"

Unless you have a hell of a call volume, your Priority 2 vehicle won't be funded. If you are able, spec a pumper with the ability to carry rescue equipment. (Rescue/Pumper)

MembersZone Subscriber

Find a logical way to write for a Priority one vehicle (as a rescue pumper) that will also end up carrying your rescue equipment. Then when buy you go with a tank size that will allow large full width/height compartments. Add $ if needed to add coffins on top etc. Or if you're looking for a small rescue go for a wildland with small skid but lots of compartments.

If you're going to the effort of writing a app set yourself up for success. You'll also never be wrong showing up at a car wreck with a pump, hose and water.

MembersZone Subscriber

Dept. has plenty of pumpers and fleet age is not outrageous so writing for priority one will be an issue also. Several years ago, we won grant for equipment and training, but now we need way to get the equipment and supplies to the scene in a timely manner. And from what you guys are saying, this program may not be the place to look for that solution.

Thanks for the feedback.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg667 View Post
    Dept. has plenty of pumpers and fleet age is not outrageous so writing for priority one will be an issue also. Several years ago, we won grant for equipment and training, but now we need way to get the equipment and supplies to the scene in a timely manner. And from what you guys are saying, this program may not be the place to look for that solution.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Only if you're urban, that's the lone Priority 1 Rescue designation. All other categories have to package rescue into another P1 vehicle to have a chance.

Thread Information