1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    44

    Default Grant App Issues?

    Anyone having a problem not being able to select the type of dept. in the AFG application?
    Ryan A. Zerbe
    Assistant Chief
    Womelsdorf Volunteer Fire Company
    Home of "Barney's Bandits" and the "Route 422 Express"
    www.womelsdorffire.com

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Alum Bank, PA
    Posts
    580

    Default

    I use Mozilla Firefox most of the time, and the online application does not like it. The problem is that it is on only certain parts like type of department. You will need to use internet explorer to get away from conflicts. I recommend using explorer and going back over all of you answers to be sure the correct selection is in the box. I hope this helps.

    Kelly

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    I use Mozilla Firefox most of the time, and the online application does not like it. The problem is that it is on only certain parts like type of department. You will need to use internet explorer to get away from conflicts. I recommend using explorer and going back over all of you answers to be sure the correct selection is in the box. I hope this helps.

    Kelly
    Yup, did the same thing. It tells you but I never read the fine print. But I sent two grants in today with no problem using internet explorer. Love Mozilla Firefox.
    Ed

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    308

    Default

    use 'tab' to select the drop down box, and then 'the arrows' to select your choice.

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default

    they got me
    i noticed it (about the drop ) when doing my second grant
    my first grant was submitted with our dept being paid/full time and we are actually volunteer i corrected the mistake right before i sumitted it and it went back to paid after i submitted it. guess i will be screwed this year for 27 year old air pack replacement!!!!!

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htvfd1426 View Post
    they got me
    i noticed it (about the drop ) when doing my second grant
    my first grant was submitted with our dept being paid/full time and we are actually volunteer i corrected the mistake right before i sumitted it and it went back to paid after i submitted it. guess i will be screwed this year for 27 year old air pack replacement!!!!!
    Call the help desk with your application number and explain to them what happened. They might be able to help you out.

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Call the help desk with your application number and explain to them what happened. They might be able to help you out.
    i sent them a email but i try calling also. also your narrative and kelly's helped me out a bunch this year for examples thanks a lot!!!!!!!

    edit___
    they emailed me back and said that they would update the correct answer on there end so i may not be screwed!!!!
    again thanks everyone who has helped me
    and i will be praying for all fire department applications
    Last edited by htvfd1426; 05-05-2009 at 12:28 PM.

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htvfd1426 View Post
    i sent them a email but i try calling also. also your narrative and kelly's helped me out a bunch this year for examples thanks a lot!!!!!!!

    edit___
    they emailed me back and said that they would update the correct answer on there end so i may not be screwed!!!!
    again thanks everyone who has helped me
    and i will be praying for all fire department applications
    Glad it is working out for the good! I'm also glad I could help. Good luck to you!

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Alum Bank, PA
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htvfd1426 View Post
    i sent them a email but i try calling also. also your narrative and kelly's helped me out a bunch this year for examples thanks a lot!!!!!!!

    edit___
    they emailed me back and said that they would update the correct answer on there end so i may not be screwed!!!!
    again thanks everyone who has helped me
    and i will be praying for all fire department applications
    Glad they are willing to help you out with this. I just hope that everyone else reads over these posts and check their apps closely. I also am glad I could help you out. Good luck to you and hopefully we will all be celebrating again at the end of this journey. All prayers greatly appreciated!!

    Kelly

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2 Issues....
    By txflashover in forum Fire Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 06:15 PM
  2. POV Issues
    By HeavyRescue205 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 11:26 PM
  3. MSA - ICM Issues?
    By DPatey in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
  4. TI Issues, What do you think ?
    By TIman in forum Thermal Imaging Cameras
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2001, 04:13 PM
  5. E-One Issues
    By CAPT123 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-20-2000, 01:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register