Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up Relaxed Passport Requirements For Ambulances

I know there was a discussion a while ago about fire apparatus responding on cross-border mutal aid calls.

U.S. eases passport law for ambulances

Canwest News Service May 2, 2009 2:05 AM

U.S. Homeland Security has agreed not to require passports from patients and paramedics rushing by ambulance for emergency care in Detroit, Mich., the CEO of Windsor Regional Hospital said yesterday.

"We were very concerned," said David Musyj. "Homeland Security for every single entry was going to require everyone have a passport with them. It's just not practical for someone who requires emergency medical care."

© Copyright (c) The Victoria Times Colonist

Forum Member

Janet Napolitano is going to save us from those "no good Canucks",right?They might try to sneak over under the guise of needing medical care to change our American edition dictionaries so that we are saying "oot and aboot" instead of "out and about".Thank God they are worrying about such things.
    I have to wonder what they are smoking in that office that causes them to come up with ideas like that.

Banned

It isn't the Canadians you need to worry about.

But why not send an officer along with the Ambulance to check things out.

Forum Member

I would think that the crew being dispatched has enough sense to figure out if they are in a dangerous situation.It's not like the movies or TV where they have green people going off without senior people along for supervision and OJT training.
    Two people should be able to see enough and discuss it before getting into trouble.
    I won't claim to remember all of my EMT training since I didn't take the exams before the deadline but part of it was about being aware of what you were getting into and considering why isn't the patient presenting like the call that brought you there said they were.It could be a Trojan horse try,it could be some injury or sickness that the 911 caller didn't know about.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I can remember security drills/exercises in the USAF where the aggressors used ambulances to enter restricted areas...

MembersZone Subscriber NathanWert's Avatar

Last time we sent an ambulance into and out of Canada the border patrol guys just asked how many we had in the ambulance, but never looked in the back. *shrug*
    FF-II/EMT-B/Incident Safety Officer/Photographer
    Lancaster Fire Department
    First run area (Fire): Lancaster, NH & Guildhall, VT (84.3 Sq Miles)
    First run area (Ambulance): Lancaster & Jefferson, NH; Gilman, Guildhall & Lunenberg, VT (185.1 Sq Miles)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Janet Napolitano is going to save us from those "no good Canucks",right?They might try to sneak over under the guise of needing medical care to change our American edition dictionaries so that we are saying "oot and aboot" instead of "out and about".Thank God they are worrying about such things.
    I have to wonder what they are smoking in that office that causes them to come up with ideas like that.
    Yep and you will have to say ,EH, after each second sentence, and just for the helluvit, and an extra vowel here and there. e.g. colour, metre

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Yep and you will have to say ,EH, after each second sentence, and just for the helluvit, and an extra vowel here and there. e.g. colour, metre
    Yeah,she's going to have to nip that in the bud.You read any book about border patrolling and they're all in favor of bud nipping.Nip.It.In.The. Bud.
    Meanwhile,down at the Mexican border,there are drug gangs buying into Arizona neighborhoods and running out the decent folks who lived there before that particular brand of no goods came flocking in......
    Makes you wonder what her priorities are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    I can remember security drills/exercises in the USAF where the aggressors used ambulances to enter restricted areas...
    Navy Red Cell did that too.If you checked the back for an empty patient bay,they were caught and at least YOUR post got a passing grade for maintaining security even if the rest of the detail blew the job and lets the Zulu 5 Oscars through because "You don't stop an ambulance,Sea MAN Hesson.EVER." They then get irked when during the debrief you get singled out for having done the correct thing when an ambulance that the sentry doesn't know was called comes rolling up full of guys with bad intentions.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't comment on difficulties in crossing the Medicine line viasea or land, but going through Canadian airport customs is tougher than several I fly through in the US. They get fairly strict on exactly why you are coming into Canada even with a Canadian or US passport. with any luck, Napolitano gets strip searched next time she comes in.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Post Uhhhhhhhh...................

with any luck, Napolitano gets strip searched next time she comes in.

Good God!.......... never mind......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

You gotta watch those Canucks.....

They are just a big sleeper cell.....they will mount their invasion of the US soon enough and we all have to be prepared for when this day will come.

......with really good beer!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

I can't comment on difficulties in crossing the Medicine line viasea or land, but going through Canadian airport customs is tougher than several I fly through in the US. They get fairly strict on exactly why you are coming into Canada even with a Canadian or US passport. with any luck, Napolitano gets strip searched next time she comes in.
    Ya, I agree there. My experience with overseas flights is not very good. Last time was coming home from OP APOLLO ROTO 00, March 2002 from the Gulf. I was checked and passed through Customs at Fujahra, Dubia and London with no difficulty. I arrive in Calgary and am moving to the flight line for Victoria and this "woman" at the x-ray counter tells me I can't fly because I have a pair of nail cutters that has an attached 2 inch nail file. It took a bit to understand her at first, because she was very "non-Canadian", although I should have recognized the accent right away, considering where I had been 24hr earlier..... Anyhow, the short story is I tipped out my shaving kit and told her and her Super, who had showed up to see what the ruckus was about, and suggested that she take out ANYTHING that was not "permissable".
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    You gotta watch those Canucks.....

They are just a big sleeper cell.....they will mount their invasion of the US soon enough and we all have to be prepared for when this day will come.

......with really good beer!
    Kokanee Gold or Rickards Red!!!

YYYUUUUUUKKKKK!!!!! I'm born and raised BC, but Kokanee beer???? EVERYONE knows that kokanee are land locked salmon, and we all know what fish do in the water.

And Rickards Red is just Molson Canadian with red food dye added to it. HEHEHEHEEHEHEHE

Forum Member

with any luck, Napolitano gets strip searched next time she comes in.
    Does anyone have a turbo drill I can borrow?I have the most God awful mental image in my head that needs to be let out post haste.

Nasty. Keiths is the way to go.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Default Red Cell

Doug, come on now, Red Cell never existed, those videos were all fakes, and Marchenko (sp) is a liar. ( who hid the sarcastic smiley.)

I just wonder what ops never were made public.

Alan

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Yeah I gotta admit that Keiths is pretty good alright. Anything is better than Canadian or Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    That stuff is only slightly better than Bud. But again, the beer is based on an animal, in the case of Keiths, a big @ss deer. We know that the Bud wagon is pulled by Clydesdales, with long hoses attached to the beer kegs. In Nova Scotia, they breed the deer specific for the "task".
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information