Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default PPE, TIC, & Class 2 containment?

well i'm appling for the first time this year. and writing my own narratives. we are a small rural dept 20 sq miles of district. 3200 residence. 120 calls per year. we need a lot of turn out gear to get us to both 100% equipt and 100% less then 10 years old. also looking for tic with telemetry equipment we have never had one before. and we bought a 2007 heavy rescue last year but they could not afford a new cascade system for it so we reused the old one which only needs the class 2 containment to meet NFPA standards (which ever one that is).

so. am i asking for to much? we could use a lot more but those are the biggys. also any help with approved narratives would be appriciated and anyone who would be willing to read mine when i"m done would be appriciated to. thanks

leedsfighting17@yahoo.com

jim

MembersZone Subscriber

pick one project or it will look like a wish list.

From what your posted bunker gear would be your top need due too age, but then if pick fill station you can show that you will improve on a project that has been started and how it will help your community and mutual aid area by being Mobile. TIC camera would be your wish list item. We did ours in separate years and have been awarded.

1. Gear- SCBA -Cascade system 2003
    2. fill station and TIC - 2007
    3 compressor - 2008

MembersZone Subscriber

Please don't take this in a bad manner but why did you buy a 2007 heavy rescue if you still don't have basic turn outs for all your firefighters? Heavy rescues are very specialized apparatus and not used very often ( yes fun and great to have) but turn outs are used to keep your firefighters safe on every call not just a select few. So I also agree with the previous post forget the wish list of toys concentrate on you firefighters safety first and ask for the turn outs.

Forum Member

I'd also go with what Jamaica John has recommended. I'll send you a PPE anyway.

Forum Member

Since this is your first one, be sure not to copy it. The computer reader will throw it out.

Forum Member

thanks for all the advice guys. and please don't get me started on the truck. that is what got us into this mess in the first place. they went $50,000 over budget with this truck. now everything else is suffering financially. but hey i was only 1 vote.

Thread Information