Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Hey farmboy. Have you seen me defending the UK's actions? The reason I dismiss his source out of hand is because he has done the same to me several times. An intelligent person would appreciate that irony. Which apparently doesn't include you.

    Run along. I'm sure there is a sheep waiting for you.
    Except what I posted is fact, you just turned around the truth of my statement. I believe you call that spin. And corncobb I'm not. I know what my salary means in profit dollars. i doubt you ever will understand that.


  2. #42
    Forum Member gamewell35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    What's he supposed to do, quote a liberal columnist?
    I have a novel idea; how about one who is neutral? One with no ties politically one way or another?
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

  3. #43
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Except what I posted is fact, you just turned around the truth of my statement. I believe you call that spin. And corncobb I'm not. I know what my salary means in profit dollars. i doubt you ever will understand that.
    Really farmboy? Then you should also appreciate the fact the media outlets in our society are private companies catering to an audience that will ensure the maximization of their bottom lines.

    Like I said, run along. There are any number of farm animals calling for your service.

    I won't get into a measuring contest, I can assure you I'm aware of the profit motive in business transactions.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  4. #44
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    [QUOTE=scfire86;1060889]Really farmboy? Then you should also appreciate the fact the media outlets in our society are private companies catering to an audience that will ensure the maximization of their bottom lines.

    Many liberals deny the charge that the media is biased which is hilarious, but they do. We keep hearing from the left, "What do you mean? How can they be biased, they are private companies, but this is one of the dumber liberal arguments. At Ge, [CEO] Jeff Immelt just joined Barack Obama's economic team. At CBS [CEO} Leslie Moones and from ABC's parent company & CEO of Disney Robert Iger has been an advisor also. Getting the picture. The 3 networks in the 80's had a 75 share when the evening news programs came on. Now they are in the low 30's. Even the Pew report came out stating that over 60% of television journalists surveyed believe the news is liberal biased. From the industry's own mouth about themselves and still the outsiders refuse to accept that the media is biased.

    Like I said, run along. There are any number of farm animals calling for your service.
    You might be able to bully some others when it comes to politics, but you met your match when you crossed my tracks.

    I won't get into a measuring contest, I can assure you I'm aware of the profit motive in business transactions.

    I've been in business 30 + years and sold my marine/boat dealership/brokerage a few years back and can relay that profit is not the only motive that makes businesses operate.

    I would prefer a real arguement with facts and not generalities.

  5. #45
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Many liberals deny the charge that the media is biased which is hilarious, but they do. We keep hearing from the left, "What do you mean? How can they be biased, they are private companies, but this is one of the dumber liberal arguments. At Ge, [CEO] Jeff Immelt just joined Barack Obama's economic team. At CBS [CEO} Leslie Moones and from ABC's parent company & CEO of Disney Robert Iger has been an advisor also. Getting the picture. The 3 networks in the 80's had a 75 share when the evening news programs came on. Now they are in the low 30's. Even the Pew report came out stating that over 60% of television journalists surveyed believe the news is liberal biased. From the industry's own mouth about themselves and still the outsiders refuse to accept that the media is biased.
    And? What's your point? There is nothing stopping profit driven individuals to start their own outlets that cater to conservatives. I really don't care what the ratings are for any network. They're going to cater to the audience that maximizes their profits or they will go under. Newsprint (both liberal and conservative) is in a death spiral. I don't care about them either.

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    You might be able to bully some others when it comes to politics, but you met your match when you crossed my tracks.
    I'm so worried. You remind me of a previous idiot (who got banned) named aerialtim. Planted a fake ad of me on a christian singles website claiming "you mess with the bull, you get the horns." I'm sure you'll get sent packing in short order.

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I've been in business 30 + years and sold my marine/boat dealership/brokerage a few years back and can relay that profit is not the only motive that makes businesses operate.
    Good for you. And what's your point again? That you know how to sell boats so that makes you an expert on everything else? But please tell us what would make a business operate beyond ROI and EPS? Especially since these are publicly owned companies. I can't wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I would prefer a real arguement with facts and not generalities.
    Same here. I'm not interested in arguing. In case you haven't noticed I haven't disagreed with the belief UK is wrong in banning Michael Savage. Since I don't live in the UK I don't care what they do or who they ban. As I told George I'm sure one day that will change like it has when the US has done similar actions.

    Get over yourself.
    Last edited by scfire86; 05-08-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Banned?!
    By OHFF324 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 06:35 PM
  2. Iran banned from WTC
    By MarcusKspn in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 03:44 PM
  3. Kiwi-banned-WHY????
    By jacklrd in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
  4. Any trolls from Kentucky banned lately?
    By ElectricHoser in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 12:16 AM
  5. MUTTS banned from TV ads!
    By NJFFSA16 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-09-2002, 07:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts