Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Default West Metro (Colorado)

Has anyone here gone any further in their '08 hiring process? I was told that my ranking was just outside of their 1st round that they moved on to backgrounds and polys. Just curious how it's going for those that did move on for this round and what you are hearing about upcoming academies. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Default westmetro

What was your ranking? Their website still says they are planning a Academy of 20 and that they also go double deep for BG/Poly...just curious?

...just got an email back from Jo Kraft...they took 30 from the list of canidates for the BG/Poly. With any luck, I may make it into this round, depending how many of the 30 make it through?!?

Good Luck!

Ciao,
    Last edited by goingcamping; 05-14-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Update

Forum Member

I'm # 47 so I knew it would be at least the next round for me. Just curious if anyone here was in the first round and how the process was going and what you were hearing as far as how many were in the first group and how many academies they might get from this list. Thanks for the info!

And good luck to you to make it into this first group! The Poly and Psyc can really throw some people off and the dept won't want to take the risk so they will pass on them. It's an awesome dept by what I have been hearing from others and what I have seen myself.

Forum Member

Did she mention what number (as in ranking) they processed to get their 30 people?

Forum Member

Default Ranking

Repeat posting
    Last edited by yjbrody64; 05-07-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Forum Member

Default Ranking

Repeat posting
    Last edited by yjbrody64; 05-07-2010 at 01:47 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on the hiring process. Last I heard they were looking at hiring 12-14 for the fall academy. The academy is supposed to start in September, but this all depends on when the new training center opens. Last I heard there were delays with the new training center, so the academy could start later. West Metro is a great department and well worth the wait. Best of luck to you on the list.

Forum Member

Default Reply

Thanks for the replys. I have been having a problem trying to reply, I guess cuz I am new to the forum.

I'm number #47 on the list, so I guess it's just a wait and see game... just like everywhere else right?

Forum Member

Red face Sorry for the repeat posts...

Sorry for the repeat posts. I guess there is a delay since I'm a new member to the forum.

In case anyone didn't get it, i'm #47... ;-)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2010 Spring Academy

To all:

I just got a voice message and email from Jo Kraft in regards to a 2010 Spring Academy. I have no details to give, but just wanted to pass this along.

Being number 32 on the 2008 hiring list I know they've gone at LEAST that far!

I'll pass along details as I learn more!

Good Luck,
    Brett

Forum Member

Nice brett! I was hoping they would try to sneak an academy in before the list expired.

No phone call for me so we'll have to see. Think I'm just too far down the list, but only time will tell.

Best of luck to you, and keep me updated!

Nic

MembersZone Subscriber

Spring 2010 Academy,

I haven't heard anything about a spring academy for 2010. In fact I heard the exact opposite that they were not going to have an academy until they stated a new list. The fall 09 academy just got out and we ended up with 13 guys. Right now we are at our numbers, but we have between 2-4 people that may be going out on a medical disability in 2010. If this is the case, then I could see them hiring a spring 2010 academy of 3-5 people. Best of luck to you all. I will let you know if I hear anything further. FYI we will be testing again in summer of 2010.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter1126 View Post
    Spring 2010 Academy,
    Right now we are at our numbers, but we have between 2-4 people that may be going out on a medical disability in 2010. If this is the case, then I could see them hiring a spring 2010 academy of 3-5 people.
    3-5 size class seems a bit small for you guys. Have you consistantly run academies that small before?

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Fellas,

Got some good news. Just heard through the grape vine that we will be running a spring academy and they are going to hire 8-9 people. That means that they will probably be pulling backgrounds for 16-18 people. This is really good news because they were saying that they were not going to do a spring academy. I imagine that the academy will probably start in April and end in July. For those getting ready to go through. Get in shape!!! We have a new guy that is doing the PT for the academy and let me tell you he is really pushing the recruits. Best of luck to you all. Let me know if you have any questions. You guys are so lucky we will be using the new training center!

Forum Member

Hey Fellas,

Got some good news. Just heard through the grape vine that we will be running a spring academy and they are going to hire 8-9 people. That means that they will probably be pulling backgrounds for 16-18 people. This is really good news because they were saying that they were not going to do a spring academy. I imagine that the academy will probably start in April and end in July. For those getting ready to go through. Get in shape!!! We have a new guy that is doing the PT for the academy and let me tell you he is really pushing the recruits. Best of luck to you all. Let me know if you have any questions. You guys are so lucky we will be using the new training center!
    Don't suppose you know how high in the ranks they will go, or how high they went with your last academy, do you? Thx

Prob grasping at straws sitting at #47, but what the heck. It's christmas...

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know what number of the list they are pulling from for this list. I know they are starting backgrounds on the candidates now. I would say that if you haven't been contacted in the next week or two it is probably not likely that they have reached your number. I will let you know if I here different.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thanks

Great news...thanks, I appreciate all the info. I'm now waiting for the poly and part 1 of the psych eval. Jo Kraft said they want to get those done before the holidays!

Nic,

Man 47 is so close...If you look at the numbers. The fall academy was 12-16 people, they went 30 deep w/ BG and associated stuff. Lets say that 20 passed and 14 went on to the academy that leaves 6 remaining that are ready to go. Take an additional 10 from the list which puts us at 40.

I have no idea the actually numbers, but I'd say you're close. This is assuming all are still available!?! Maybe, I'm way off?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goingcamping View Post

Man 47 is so close...If you look at the numbers. The fall academy was 12-16 people, they went 30 deep w/ BG and associated stuff. Lets say that 20 passed and 14 went on to the academy that leaves 6 remaining that are ready to go. Take an additional 10 from the list which puts us at 40.

I have no idea the actually numbers, but I'd say you're close. This is assuming all are still available!?! Maybe, I'm way off?
    LOL, believe me i've crunched the numbers too. I think if WM was planing a larger academy I would have a shot.

Shame.. It would have been fun to be the first class to try out their new training facility. Keep me updated here or PM me with your progress! Best of luck man.

MembersZone Subscriber

goingcamping,

Good luck to you. Just heard that the academy is scheduled for late May or early June. Best of luck to you in your backgrounds. Let me know if you have any questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

goingcamping,

Good luck to you. Just heard that the academy is scheduled for late May or early June. Best of luck to you in your backgrounds. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the offer on questions, I'm sure I'll have many! I'll PM you as to not water down this thread!

Thanks,

Brett

Forum Member

Default Current list is being extended!!!

I don't know if this is old news, but I just saw on WM's website that they are cancelling the planned Summer 2010 testing and extending their current list until April 2011.

Just wanted to let everyone know that may be on their current hiring list.

Best of luck to all.

Forum Member

Exclamation Update

Figured I would reactivate this thread for those that are following with the latest info.

Just got an email reminding everyone on the list that it has been extended until April 2011.

The email also says that if they host an academy it *might* be in March right before the list expires. They are up to rank #38 with 1 deferral.

Anyone else out there test with WM? Ridgerunner, I saw your name on the distrobution list I think.

Forum Member

Yup, you saw me I'm #100 on the list out of 122. Not holding my breath, but for the small academy they did last year, I'm surprised they went thru the top 37. What's your position?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeRunner78 View Post
    Yup, you saw me I'm #100 on the list out of 122. Not holding my breath, but for the small academy they did last year, I'm surprised they went thru the top 37. What's your position?
    Me too. I'm sitting at #47 so I'm 11 out with the deferral. Crossing fingers big time that the academy goes through and that it's large enough. I think the whole wait and see is the hardest part.

Congrats on making it past littleton's oral. Best of luck to you on the rest of your process with them.

Stay safe!

Forum Member

Sweet. You have a great chance!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information