Thread: Dual Saw ??

Forum Member

Post Dual Saw ??

[I]'ve watched the info-mercial on TV several times now about the "Dual Saw". Has anyone out there in the fire/rescue field used this thing? It says that it has been "fire/rescue proven", so, if that's the case, someone out there has indeed used it. (supposedly)
    I like the theory of the dual opposing rotating blades. Although it only has 1 1/8" depth of cut. Seems if it would be great for metal panels and such. ( ie. metal roofs, metal doors, car roofs, etc.)
    If anyone has tried it, I'd like to know the pros & cons of the thing.

Forum Member

I've never tried it. I saw it on "Pitchmen". It was a Firefighter from the UK or Austrailia or somehere tht was the inventor of it. He supposedly cuts a car in half with it.........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

i was watching the commercial for it also, im wondering if it would cut through the new steels that are in cars these days, like Boron. If it could nah through that then it might be worth looking into. I called the phone number and there asking 3 payments of 60bucks for just the saw and one set of blades. pretty spendy angel grinder....

MembersZone Subscriber

We have 1 made by craftsman. we've had it for 5 yrs. the first time we used it at drill it burnt up. bad luck? not sure. had it repaired and haven't tried it since. its sitting on shelf in storage room collecting dust. we'll get it out and try it again. what little bit we did use it before it died it seemed to throw alot of chips, but it did cut well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by westofd1 View Post
    We have 1 made by craftsman. we've had it for 5 yrs. the first time we used it at drill it burnt up. bad luck? not sure. had it repaired and haven't tried it since. its sitting on shelf in storage room collecting dust. we'll get it out and try it again. what little bit we did use it before it died it seemed to throw alot of chips, but it did cut well.
    if it's made by craftsman its not a dual saw ... but i would be nice to know if you could cut the new boron steels in car ($180 is alot less than the $8000 for a new set of cuters)
    ~Big O~

Tankers have wheels and carry water, Tenders are breaded and served with BBQ sauce

(if you don't believe me Google it)

MembersZone Subscriber

2 counter-rotating blades is a dual saw!!!!!!!!!!!! that means one is spinning clockwise and the other is spinning counter-clockwise! need to explain more ?

Forum Member

We used one on a demo...burned the motor within 10 minutes. Worked great prior to the burn out, but blades are too shallow for deep cuts.

Forum Member

Sign me up to be the guy to sell you an $8000 cutter!!!! Woo Hoo!!

Thread Information