Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Sweet- FirehouseChefs.com - Firehouse Cooking and Recipes from around the country

Awesome site and concept. Love the professional videos....Bou

Long Beach, CA Firefighter and Chef Eddie has created Firehouse Chefs, a show that will takes viewers to a different Firehouse every episode, where he meets the team and joins them as they cook their regional favorite Firehouse recipes.

Visit www.FirehouseChefs.com to meet the chefs, get free Firehouse Recipes, see pictures of the chefs in action, and more!

Thanks for checking us out, and thanks to CaliforniaFirefighter.com
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 05-09-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Two thumbs up!

Cool idea! I'll watch it. But I'm confused ... are these online episodes only or is it going to be on TV?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Default We're working to get the show on the air

Thanks! Right now we have the promo on the website and are working on landing a network who will allow us to take the show on the road. So we're looking to be on TV but for now we are online.

Best, Firehouse Chefs

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    Cool idea! I'll watch it. But I'm confused ... are these online episodes only or is it going to be on TV?
    I am confused too. It looks like it will be an online thing but I can't tell.

It's an AWESOME idea!! I think it could be hugely popular too.

I know I want one of those aprons!! Those are cool!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Oh good, it wasn't just me then!

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

NOW is it time for the Buffalo? Awful good on the grill,hehe T.c.

MembersZone Subscriber

Great website and concept! I can see it becoming very popular very quickly.

I want an apron too.
    Last edited by superchef; 05-12-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FirehouseChefs View Post
    Thanks! Right now we have the promo on the website and are working on landing a network who will allow us to take the show on the road. So we're looking to be on TV but for now we are online.

Best, Firehouse Chefs
    Thanks for the update, Firehouse Chefs ...

On a side note: I really don't like this method of approving new users that Firehouse implemented a few years ago. In a short thread like this it isn't too much of a problem, but with longer threads it is a big pain in the *** because the post appears way back on the day that it was originally posted which can sometimes be 10 pages back from the newest posts. How many people actually SEE those new posts?

On the other hand, if the newly approved post appears on the day it is approved instead, the post may be out of context by then.

Anyway, I've been wanting to rant about that for sometime LOL.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

That explains how the post by FirehouseChefs suddenly showed up before my post. I don't need any more confusion in my life than I currently have.

I'd rather they get posted in chornological order on the day the "mass approval" is done, maybe with a tag "originally posted on such & such day" (the day the new user first posted it) to differentiate it from normal new posts.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Maybe the show could come to my station, on my shift, and TEACH some good stuff to cook. We all suck horribly at cooking. One guy has IBS and can't eat salad, or spicy. I HATE onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatos and the other 2 guys eat anything. I do pick out my hated food as long as it is big enough to see.

Great, now is not the time to have a show celebrating anything about our job that some laid off auto worker can complain to his city council person about.

Now the city manager will be looking to cut staffing because "if you've got all that time to cook, you are wasting the taxpayer's money".

I wish this post was made in jest, but it's not. Too many brothers and sisters around here losing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyv View Post
    Great, now is not the time to have a show celebrating anything about our job that some laid off auto worker can complain to his city council person about.

Now the city manager will be looking to cut staffing because "if you've got all that time to cook, you are wasting the taxpayer's money".

I wish this post was made in jest, but it's not. Too many brothers and sisters around here losing their jobs.

Then that auto worker and city manager need to get a lick of sense. (at people like them, not you gunny!)

What's the difference between the auto worker and city manager getting their 2x15 minute coffee breaks and their hour-long lunch break, or firefighters cooking for their crew in firehouses across the country? Oh, I know ... THEY don't get up in the middle their breaks to come and rescue people who need help like FIREFIGHTERS do while cooking or eating, sleeping, taking a shower, taking a crap, training or whatever.

But I hear where you're coming from gunny. I'm laid off myself at the moment ... for the second time since the end of November.

BUT, nobody's life, safety or property is at risk by me being laid off .... My heart bleeds for those in the emergency services whose jobs are in jeopardy.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

You know Sheri....I hadn't noticed that before.

I was just reading that their response was before mine. I was wondering to myself why or how I could have missed that response. Oh well, thought I was loosing my mind.

Now I see that we all have lost it so I am not alone!!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Yeah, I figured it out a long time ago. I'd get all caught up on a thread, then when I got an email notificaiton that there was a new reply, I'd go to the thread but there'd be no new reply and the last post was one I'd already read. Then I'd think to myself, "WTF, I've already read this, why did I get a new email notification?". After it kept happening time and time again, I finally figured it out.

What a pain the *****.

I learned that when I'd get a whole pile of 15-20 ish email notifications at the same time (10:29AM sound familiar, anyone? LOL) that the Webteam had done a mass approval and that I would need to look further back for a new user's post. Or sometime I'll just read the post in the email and not even bother clicking on the thread.

Hey, this is turning into a major hijack!

Sorry folks!

I did try to find the contact button to email the Webteam (but got sidetracked) to ask if it's possible to program the newly approved posts to appear on the thread as the most recent post on the day of approval instead of burying it back on the day it was originally made, where nobody will see it. Then add a "time stamp" type of thing saying "originally posted on ...., approved on .... " or something like that.

Good idea? Bad idea? Leave it alone? Start a new thread? LOL

OK, I'm done now.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

The aprons can be puchased from: dionsprideapparel@gmail.com

Very cool. I am already thinking about trying one of thier recipes. And I want an apron!
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Thread Information