Newbie has questions regarding Fire Service
I am very interested in getting into the field of firefighting and an assignment for one of my writing classes was to interview a professional in the field of my interest. I know it would be much more beneficial for me to interview a firefighter face to face, but because of a schedule conflicts I am unable to do so before the assignment is due. I plan on volunteering in the future to make these connections and more importantly to just be around the professionals in the field that I plan on pursuing, but for now I was hoping someone could help me out and answer a few of my questions. Here are the questions:
1. What skills and personal assets does the job entail?
2. What training and background is useful and required?
3. What is some advice to succeeding in this field?
4. What are some of the benefits and challenges of the field?
5. If you could tell me a little bit of your own career path to this job.
6. Whether you would recommend doing anything differently.
I know itís a lot of questions and I appreciate you taking the time to read them