MembersZone Subscriber

I would say lots of running, i know for the CPAT Prep they ran 2miles out and back the main road leading to the academy. I would train hard to be ready for anyhting they might thro at us if we get the letter, i know thats what i'm doing. Train hard work hard and study hard! It will pay off in the long run! Goodluck to all...dose it still look like sometime around the 15th for the letters? Im going to try and call see if i can get any information.

Goodluck everyone!

Forum Member

Good news!! Got a call today about psych and physical. They are both the third week of sept. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. Good luck to all those still waiting. Don't be afraid to call them, it seemed like i was waiting forever. I hope your guys are as fortunate as i am to move on to the next step in the process.

MembersZone Subscriber

i thought it was going to be letters and than after the rest of the process a call? are they going to be calling them all today or spaning it out for the rest of the week?

Forum Member

Someone who works at HoCo stated on the Central PA Fire forums that the chief had dinner with some co-workers and that 45 people will be hired. Phone calls to those who passed the interview started yesterday, I guess.

MembersZone Subscriber

I called today to tell them that I finished my medic class this morning and they didn't say anything to me about moving on, or not moving on for that reason. I would still await letters around the 15th before anyone counts themselves out.

Bodie, congrats to moving on to the next step. Are they just sending you your conditional offer of employment in the mail?

MembersZone Subscriber

I also called today and talked to a lady from Fire Rescue HR and she wouldn't tell me anything, just that we would all be notified by mid to late Sept. That's all I could get out of Her. Ill Keep my ears open for any new information. Maybe the phone calls are going out as they review ones information and paket??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bodie808 View Post
    Good news!! Got a call today about psych and physical. They are both the third week of sept. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. Good luck to all those still waiting. Don't be afraid to call them, it seemed like i was waiting forever. I hope your guys are as fortunate as i am to move on to the next step in the process.
    When did you have your interview???

MembersZone Subscriber

Just got the call! Going down third week of September for the psych and medical exam. Good luck to all of you, and just remember to not count yourself out until you hear otherwise. All they could talk about is how tough this was because they had so many OUTSTANDING candidates. Again good luck to you moving on, and to those of you still waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

from what im getting out of this...you TDBROWNS527 and bodie808 are from far away,different states....maybe they are contacting people the farthest away first since no one from around here has heard anything yet.

Forum Member

Bodie, do you also have your Medic Cert?

Brown, when did you interview?

I'm kinda assuming that they broke the interview up in sections and picked a few out of them. I can't see them interviewing on the 9th and calling people already on the 9th.

Whoever interviewed first and passed will prolly get a call sooner... those who interviewed later and passed will get a call later. That's my theory.

MembersZone Subscriber

That makes sense. I am from Ohio and they even said they wanted to make arrangements for me since I have a long commute. I interviewed on August 7th. I took CPAT with another department the week before the HCFR written test so I got to interview before a lot of you. I am also sure the fact that being a medic helps. Again good luck to all of you still waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

true thats what i thought you far away guys get called first. congrats guys hopefully i will be by your side too.

I hope to be right there with you guys the waiting game has been stressful to say the least lol

Forum Member

Default letters

Hey guys,
    Congrats brown. I had my interview in early august and got my conditional offer via e-mail after a phone call from HR. I am a medic but not NREMT yet, hopefully soon. Good luck guys and I know the process is tough but hang in there.

Default Selection process

Got a call this morning and I'm not really sure how i feel. I was told i was not on the final selection list, but instead chosen as an alternate. Does anyone know how this works? What are my chances? Do you wait and see if someone fails the physical/ psychological tests or fail to graduate at the academy? What does this mean?

Thanks and congrats to all the people that made it

MembersZone Subscriber

wait im confused... did they finish calling all the final selected canidates and now they are calling the alternatives? or are they mixing in the calls? this calling process has thrown me off a bit can anyone explain if you understand?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterm08 View Post
    wait im confused... did they finish calling all the final selected canidates and now they are calling the alternatives? or are they mixing in the calls? this calling process has thrown me off a bit can anyone explain if you understand?
    I'm not sure anyone knows what's going on -- besides HoCo staff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterm08 View Post
    I got a email tonight around 8PM saying I wasn't selected. Good luck to everyone else that passed!

Dear XXXXX XXXXXX:

Thank you for participating in our process to select candidates for Fire Class #25 of the Department of Fire and Rescue Services for Howard County.

As you know, we interviewed a number of candidates for the position of Firefighter/EMT Trainee. We were fortunate to have many well-qualified candidates apply for the position. Selecting final candidates was difficult. However, we have selected other candidates to move forward in the process who we believe best meet our current needs.

We appreciate your interest and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Office of Human Resources

MembersZone Subscriber

unfortunatly i got the same, congrats guys

Forum Member

Default Another One Bites the Dust

Hey guys, myself and another guy from my department got our emails. We were not selected either...

Congratulations to those that made it!

To the rest of us I say next time my brothers and sisters, next time!

Keep your heads up!

Forum Member

good luck to you guys. I know its a tough and stressfull process but hang in there guys.

Forum Member

Oladdin1, were you given dates for the psych and physical? Did anyone else get alternate status...? I'm trying to figure out how many of us there are and in what order we might be called. When did they contact you? For those of you who were selected, when did they say your psych and physical would be and when do you get the results? Thanks and good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone else not been notified yet? I havent received anything yet. Still praying like its my job.

Forum Member

Default Psych and physical

I have both tests this week. They didn't say when i would get the results but i assume (and really hope) it will be soon after the test. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bodie,
    Do you know what the deal is with the psych being split up into two parts? Is that normal?

Thread Information