Thread: fit-5

MembersZone Subscriber

Default fit-5

has there been a thread on this, my dept just got a couple of these things, any body use these?

MembersZone Subscriber

use the search feature
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

MembersZone Subscriber

Send a PM to George.....
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Kentland has one on their engine...guess fires are getting to hot for them.

Forum Member

This from "Firefighter Hourly".....

May 05, 2009
    Arson The Focus In May

The U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) in conjunction with the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) is focusing National Arson Awareness Week (AAW) May 3-9, 2009, on the theme "Arson for Profit". Experts fear the current economic crisis will reverse the recent downward trend and drive an alarming increase in building arson fires, particularly in regions hardest hit by recession.

A new and innovative technology from ARA Safety is changing all that.

Firefighters and arson investigators have discovered that ARA Safety's Fire Interruption Technology, FIT-5, is a powerful ally in their fight against arson. FIT-5 is a compact light fire attack tool using an environmentally safe extinguishing agent that stops fire in seconds without the use of water.

FIT-5 rapidly lowers fire temperature and knocks down flames, suppressing the fire so that firefighters can enter the building with a higher degree of safety to completely extinguish the fire using only a fraction of the water required by conventional building firefighting techniques.

In a recent arson fire in Canada, FIT-5 was so effective in suppressing the fire that literally only a few gallons of water were required to completely extinguish it. This resulted in the crime scene being preserved essentially intact for arson investigators, who were able to make arrests based on evidence remaining at the scene.

Posted at 08:26 AM in In The News | Permalink

Forum Member

Oh boy....this is gonna get good.......
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by don120 View Post
    Firefighters and arson investigators have discovered that ARA Safety's Fire Interruption Technology, FIT-5, is a powerful ally in their fight against arson. FIT-5 is a compact light fire attack tool using an environmentally safe extinguishing agent that stops fire in seconds without the use of water.

FIT-5 rapidly lowers fire temperature and knocks down flames, suppressing the fire so that firefighters can enter the building with a higher degree of safety to completely extinguish the fire using only a fraction of the water required by conventional building firefighting techniques.

In a recent arson fire in Canada, FIT-5 was so effective in suppressing the fire that literally only a few gallons of water were required to completely extinguish it. This resulted in the crime scene being preserved essentially intact for arson investigators, who were able to make arrests based on evidence remaining at the scene.

Posted at 08:26 AM in In The News | Permalink
    George is an arson investigator and he LOVES it
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

So these MUTTS yeah, I said it, are trying to say that their frggin' gizmo made in someone's garage is reducing the arson problem? These people are the lowest forms of life imaginable.

I friggin' DARE one of these POS to come on this thread and try to defend this blatant false adevertising. I DARE them. They won't show. They have no balls.

But, since I am leaving in a few hours for the IAAI conference in Arlington, TX, I most certainly will bring this up and I would be surprised if there aren't a few more mad folks.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

this just looks like a glorified fire extinguisher.
    ~Big O~

Tankers have wheels and carry water, Tenders are breaded and served with BBQ sauce

(if you don't believe me Google it)

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by MoosemanKBB527 View Post
    this just looks like a glorified fire extinguisher.
    Sure, didn't you ever see "Backdraft"?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking And...........

I'm in for Six Pages......... Dwayne, You holdin' the pool??.....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I want to know what happened to fit-1 through fit-4? Are they out on OnDemand yet? Right next to the first five Leonard movies and seven minute abs.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    I'm in for Six Pages......... Dwayne, You holdin' the pool??.....

Sure, who needs the OP? We'll keep it alive....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by SIMP0LMAN View Post
    has there been a thread on this, my dept just got a couple of these things, any body use these?
    Wow. A couple of them?

I guess in for a penny, in for a pound.

There are fire departments in NJ that can't afford turnouts and some are buying a "couple" of these unproven devices.

What's wrong with this picture?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Hmmn,Popcorn? Check! Iced tea? Check! This oughta be good. Chuck and ducks! I'd rather use a 1.75 and a couple FF's but what do I know?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Wow. A couple of them?

I guess in for a penny, in for a pound.

There are fire departments in NJ that can't afford turnouts and some are buying a "couple" of these unproven devices.

What's wrong with this picture?
    New chief new ideas, i geuss. got 5 of them, chiefs car, asst chiefs car, and in the three first due engines. hope it proves to be money well spent some day. salesman claims homeowners insurance will reimburse us if used at a scene.

Forum Member

........... salesman claims homeowners insurance will reimburse us if used at a scene.
    Well, it must be so if the salesman said it

Forum Member

Salesman claims homeowners insurance will reimburse us if used at a scene.
    Salesmen would never lie to make a sale...

MembersZone Subscriber

salesman claims homeowners insurance will reimburse us if used at a scene.
    I wouldn't bet the ranch.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Back In Black

New chief new ideas, i geuss. got 5 of them, chiefs car, asst chiefs car, and in the three first due engines. hope it proves to be money well spent some day. salesman claims homeowners insurance will reimburse us if used at a scene.
    Seems like an easy enough thing to check. Call the insurance company and find out.

I'm doubtful. Any idea what they cost you?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Any idea what they cost you?
    too much.

Save yourself the money and help out one of the troubled youths in your community. Give him 20 bucks to make a pipe bomb, but instead of wrapping it with nails, have the little guy put it in a canister of dry chem powder. Voila, I just saved you several thousand dollars.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by don120 View Post

FIT-5 is a compact light fire attack tool using an environmentally safe extinguishing agent that stops fire in seconds without the use of water.

Does anyone know what this extinguishing agent is that stops a fire in seconds without the use of water?
    Kyle
    Upper Macungie Township Station 56, Allentown, PA
    Vigilant Hose Company #1, Shippensburg, PA

The things I post do not reflect the views of the affiliations I belong to.

MembersZone Subscriber

LOL, yeah im not a big fan of salesman myself, i dont recall exactly what they cost i just know it was alot, im sure the money could have been spent a little better, our gear and equiopment is pretty good so i got no complaints to the waste of money except that a new pool table, kegarator, and ice machine would have been a better purchase in my opinion!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterUMT56 View Post
    Does anyone know what this extinguishing agent is that stops a fire in seconds without the use of water?
    i think it was mostly some kind of sodium and potasium mix. and its not really an extinguishing device, but an interupter, that slows down the chemical reaction side of the fire tetrhedron, to buy arriving companies a few extra minutes. but only rated to be effective in compartments up to 2400cuf.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterUMT56 View Post
    Pixy Dust

Thread Information